Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I've said this before and I will say it again. As a WR it's not about how many times he is thrown to, but it's the quality of throws. I believe that Percy was tired of being thrown to late.... thrown in to coverage..... thrown to where he had no chance to catch and run..... over thrown... under thrown....

Get it? WRs don't just care about the # of touches they get. If you keep getting me lit up because you are are exposing me to the big hit... believe I will have an issue with you.....

So please for the love of god.... stop with the ..... Ponder threw him 62 catches as a defense for why he should be happy with our noodle armed QB....

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I've said this before and I will say it again. As a WR it's not about how many times he is thrown to, but it's the quality of throws. I believe that Percy was tired of being thrown to late.... thrown in to coverage..... thrown to where he had no chance to catch and run..... over thrown... under thrown....

Get it? WRs don't just care about the # of touches they get. If you keep getting me lit up because you are are exposing me to the big hit... believe I will have an issue with you.....
    I agree. Not only the passes count but the routes Harvin and other receivers were forced to run as well.

Harvin had a legit complaint about Ponder, but Harvin also had other complaints. Was this just a straw man to bash?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Mark my words, Percy Harvin will be a journey man in the NFL! The only thing that worried me before we drafted Harvin was some reports from various people on his character. Turns out those reports were very legit.

Remember, Vikings drafted Harvin before Spielman and Frazier was put in charge. I wonder if they would also have drafted him as they seem to put a great deal of emphasize on character guys.
    They also take chances on players with Character issues.

We did get some use out of Harvin, not a total loss. If Patterson turns out to be a worthy 1st round pick, we come out ahead.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    They also take chances on players with Character issues.
    Who?

purplejokr is offline Rookie
    Just my .02

But, it always bothers me a touch when fans of a football team bash players on their way out of town. Call Harvin what you will but he is an uber talented WR that was posting MVP like numbers until he got hurt and Peterson returned to form. That kind of production isn't easily replaced. Is Harvin a diva? Yes. Almost every WR in the game is a diva though so it isn't that big a deal.

For me, I appreciate Harvin for what he is. A player that hasn't quite come into his own with regard to maturity. And nor should he be mature because he's only 24 and has probably been told since he was 14 that he was the greatest thing ever. He looked great in purple and I am sorry to see him go. I wish him the best in Seattle.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Who?
    Jared Allen

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Jared Allen
    That's long before Spielman became general manager.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    That's long before Spielman became general manager.
    It was TOA, but that was still a Spielman move. That trade was one of his first moves here.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    Just my .02

But, it always bothers me a touch when fans of a football team bash players on their way out of town. Call Harvin what you will but he is an uber talented WR that was posting MVP like numbers until he got hurt and Peterson returned to form. That kind of production isn't easily replaced. Is Harvin a diva? Yes. Almost every WR in the game is a diva though so it isn't that big a deal.

For me, I appreciate Harvin for what he is. A player that hasn't quite come into his own with regard to maturity. And nor should he be mature because he's only 24 and has probably been told since he was 14 that he was the greatest thing ever. He looked great in purple and I am sorry to see him go. I wish him the best in Seattle.
    I wish him the best as well unless we're playing against him. Think the one thing that suprised him was that the team was winning when he was absent and therefore people weren't kissing his arse as was happening previously. One thing that was established was that, at the moment, the Vikes are AP's team and not Percy's - and I think that hurt his ego a little. Percy needs to remember that the team did all that they could to help him with the migraine problem where some would have simply jettisoned him, but that does not make a player indispensable.
    Make no mistake Ponder will be under the microscope this season and we shall see how he performs. Percy may well yet be proved right regarding his feelings, as a receiver, about Ponders passes. Whatever happens with Ponder is now no concern of Percy, he can just concentrate on his job in Seattle.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    I totally agree Mar. I also think Ponder will step it up this year.
    I agree on both counts.

Problem is, I still think Ponder will have his moments this year and even though he will make a huge step up, all the pundints (who basically wrote him off) will continue to over amplify those issues and the fan base will continue to doubt him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast