Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I really don't blame Harvin. This team is inept from top to bottom... they've trained their fans to accept mediocrity and ridicule those that demand excellence.

The Vikes won't win a Super Bowl anytime soon with the current regime... that's just a fact.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Wr Corp = Soup kitchen
    Our WR corps sans Harvin in a nutshell:
    The Other Guys Soup kitchen scene - YouTube

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That should have been the priority since Moss and Culpepper left.
    Neither one left. We got rid of both of them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I had also heard a report that it was a full ligament tear in his ankle, but who knows.
    I believe a 3rd degree sprain indicates there was a ligament tear;

Third degree ankle sprain:
    * Total rupture of a ligament - there is a loss of motion
    * Gross instability of the joint - joint function is lost
    * Severe pain initially followed by no pain
    * Severe swelling

With that said though;

If the ankle sprain is a 3rd degree sprain, cast immobilization is needed for at least 2-3 weeks. Surgery to repair the ruptured ligament is often needed.

What's troubling & questionable to me is 4 weeks after an injury that takes 2-3 weeks to heal, they are first mentioning & discovering it's a 3rd degree sprain? Sounds fishy.

You'd have thought they'd have known that during the first week. It will be 5 weeks since the injury & there is no talk of him needing surgery that I read. If he had needed it, it should have been done 4 weeks ago. If he doesn't, it should have already healed.

Like I said last week don't be surprised to see Harvin on another team next year. I don't think he wants back on the Vikings.

Harvin had an argument with coach Brad Childress in 2010. He expressed general frustration with the Vikings this summer, asking for a trade and then withdrawing his request. He acknowledged more recently he had problems with the way his role in the offense was communicated to him. During the Seattle game last month, before he was hurt, Harvin was seen shouting at Frazier on the sideline after another stalled drive.
    Read more: As Vikings move on, Harvin says through team he'll come back 'stronger and better than ever' | Fox News

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Not sure why Friaser is getting blamed. What is he doing wrong? He is playing a 2nd year 1st round pick some Jackass picked. Do you really think he can bench a 2nd year QB taken in the first round? Trust me he can't. He is cooking with the ingredients he has been given and unfortunately P.U. soup is on the menu.

Blame Speilman for the lack of 1 NFL caliber WR.
    Blame Speilman for not addressing the DT situation in 5 drafts?
    Blame Speilman for Signing a back up TE instead of a WR to 5 years 25 million!
    Blame Speilman for drafting Ponder in the 1st with the 12th pick. A pick that should be bringing us a pro bowler at what ever position drafted.

The guy cannot draft an offense. He pisses quality picks away. He did it in Miami, he did it before miami and he is doing it now! We will never have a good offense as long as he is around. Our only hits on offense have been...
    Peterson - no brainer,
    Harvin - Childress' project
    Khail - 3rd overall pick
    Rudolph - a real hit.

We have nothing else. I mean nothing else worthwhile on offense.
    Load = overrated and soft
    Sully = undersized and injury prone
    Wr Corp = Soup kitchen on thanksgiving = Full of Bums
    FB = laughable
    Great post.... I have always agreed Speilman is yet another in a long line of Viking terrible hires. His track record is terrible wherever he's been. I do also think the hire of Frasier will turn out to be another bust. This guy is WAY too nice. Today's players will shit all over you if you give them the chance. After they get beat again this weekend look out for the team to quit on Frasier. I just believe the game has passed by Lesile. I'm sorry but you can't win with the formula from 1985. For one the rule changes make it impossible to play the kind of dominating defense the Bears played back then. You must be able to throw the ball and throw it well to succeed in the playoffs. Point in fact is the yardaged AD has ripped off the last 6 weeks. What to show for it, 5 losses. I do believe it goes right to the top. The only guy that has saved this team from itself was Favre. He took a team and made them legit. The Wilfs are clueless how to run an NFL team.

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    There are two ways to handle a grade 3 sprain. 1 is surgery, the other is rehab. I have had this injury and the fact that he tried to finish the game is down right warrior like. What has happened here is that he tried the rehab route so he could come back this season, surgery would have put him on IR earlier. It didn't heal the way they had planned, therefore setting him back even further than if he'd had surgery. Now the choice is surgery or continue rehab. With Percy's track record (shoulder) he will opt to rehab and use surgical repair as a last resort. Favre was down for 3 1/2 months with the same ligament tear. Don't let ESPN and Pelissaro get you all riled up. Percy will be in Purple for years to come.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowingMyHorns View Post
    There are two ways to handle a grade 3 sprain. 1 is surgery, the other is rehab. I have had this injury and the fact that he tried to finish the game is down right warrior like.
    What it means is they shot him full of painkillers.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Not sure why Friaser is getting blamed. What is he doing wrong? He is playing a 2nd year 1st round pick some Jackass picked. Do you really think he can bench a 2nd year QB taken in the first round? Trust me he can't. He is cooking with the ingredients he has been given and unfortunately P.U. soup is on the menu.

Blame Speilman for the lack of 1 NFL caliber WR.
    Blame Speilman for not addressing the DT situation in 5 drafts?
    Blame Speilman for Signing a back up TE instead of a WR to 5 years 25 million!
    Blame Speilman for drafting Ponder in the 1st with the 12th pick. A pick that should be bringing us a pro bowler at what ever position drafted.

The guy cannot draft an offense. He pisses quality picks away. He did it in Miami, he did it before miami and he is doing it now! We will never have a good offense as long as he is around. Our only hits on offense have been...
    Peterson - no brainer,
    Harvin - Childress' project
    Khail - 3rd overall pick
    Rudolph - a real hit.

We have nothing else. I mean nothing else worthwhile on offense.
    Load = overrated and soft
    Sully = undersized and injury prone
    Wr Corp = Soup kitchen on thanksgiving = Full of Bums
    FB = laughable
    Great post, agree 100%... although, ownership hasn't done much right either.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I believe a 3rd degree sprain indicates there was a ligament tear;

Third degree ankle sprain:
    * Total rupture of a ligament - there is a loss of motion
    * Gross instability of the joint - joint function is lost
    * Severe pain initially followed by no pain
    * Severe swelling

With that said though;

If the ankle sprain is a 3rd degree sprain, cast immobilization is needed for at least 2-3 weeks. Surgery to repair the ruptured ligament is often needed.

What's troubling & questionable to me is 4 weeks after an injury that takes 2-3 weeks to heal, they are first mentioning & discovering it's a 3rd degree sprain? Sounds fishy.

You'd have thought they'd have known that during the first week. It will be 5 weeks since the injury & there is no talk of him needing surgery that I read. If he had needed it, it should have been done 4 weeks ago. If he doesn't, it should have already healed.

Like I said last week don't be surprised to see Harvin on another team next year. I don't think he wants back on the Vikings.
    Now the Percy is tweeting he's having surgery

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast