Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    To add to my last, the only way I would be OK with losing Harvin is if we use a trade to obtain said QB and big WR. It could be done...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    To add to my last, the only way I would be OK with losing Harvin is if we use a trade to obtain said QB and big WR. It could be done...
    I smell a rat here. Something is fishy about all of this. Never once when the injury happened or later was IR mentioned. I think we have a very disgruntled receiver who has told the VIkings to fuk off and put him on IR. I think he realizes this team is going no where with Ponder and he does not want to be a part of it. Out of the blue comes he's on IR. He's been unhappy before and now he's just pissed. These Vikings could fuk up a wet dream.

There is no way the Vikings make the playoffs with or without Harvin. Not when three teams in the wildcard hunt all have beaten us. I hate to say this but I hope Sunday Ponder throws 10 straight incompletions to start the Bears game and then a pick and Frasier is forced to bench the bum before the roof gets booed off. In comes Webb and rallies the team to a win with Peterson dominating the second half. It would show how inept Ponder and Frasier both are.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I like Harvin, but it seems he may be too fragile. Hopefully we keep him around; he is enjoyable to watch and very talented. But in the overall scheme of things one receiver won't make or break the Vikings, assuming (big assumption I know) we get some decent receivers next offseason. I'd like to have the kid on the team though. OTOH, I couldn't blame him for wanting to get out of Minnesota- all he has to do is look up our history.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    If Harvin was planning on hitting free agency, this is actually bad for him. Not playing in the last 7 games of the season isn't exactly the way to command top dollars on the market. I don't think he hates Ponder or the Vikings or anything, but he is likely frustrated at playing on a low octane offense.

I hope we keep Harvin, but I also think our #1 priority this offseason should be a QB, and then a big tall WR who can stretch the field.
    His agent is likely telling him not to play unless he is 100%. I don't think the injury will stop him from getting a huge payday in the future. Sydney Rice got 5 years 41million the year after missing 9 games.
    I agree QB is the number one priority, but I have a feeling we will be starting Ponder again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES View Post
    This news, is enough to cause me to sell my packer ticket. The money will help when i have my liver transplant anyway.
    Good luck
    None

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    If Harvin was planning on hitting free agency, this is actually bad for him. Not playing in the last 7 games of the season isn't exactly the way to command top dollars on the market. I don't think he hates Ponder or the Vikings or anything, but he is likely frustrated at playing on a low octane offense.

I hope we keep Harvin, but I also think our #1 priority this offseason should be a QB, and then a big tall WR who can stretch the field.
    In the end, this will help us keep him. Regardless, if he is out the last 7 games, he will be less marketable. But if he is unhappy here, it really doesn't matter if he is marketable or not...he will leave no matter how much the Vikes offer him.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That should have been the priority since Moss and Culpepper left.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Wasn't he trouble in college? I thought Childress went down to meet him before the draft to see if we would have any troubles should we draft him.

Evidently there is no PH in TEAM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    I smell a rat here. Something is fishy about all of this. Never once when the injury happened or later was IR mentioned. I think we have a very disgruntled receiver who has told the VIkings to fuk off and put him on IR. I think he realizes this team is going no where with Ponder and he does not want to be a part of it. Out of the blue comes he's on IR. He's been unhappy before and now he's just pissed. These Vikings could fuk up a wet dream.

There is no way the Vikings make the playoffs with or without Harvin. Not when three teams in the wildcard hunt all have beaten us. I hate to say this but I hope Sunday Ponder throws 10 straight incompletions to start the Bears game and then a pick and Frasier is forced to bench the bum before the roof gets booed off. In comes Webb and rallies the team to a win with Peterson dominating the second half. It would show how inept Ponder and Frasier both are.
    Not sure why Friaser is getting blamed. What is he doing wrong? He is playing a 2nd year 1st round pick some Jackass picked. Do you really think he can bench a 2nd year QB taken in the first round? Trust me he can't. He is cooking with the ingredients he has been given and unfortunately P.U. soup is on the menu.

Blame Speilman for the lack of 1 NFL caliber WR.
    Blame Speilman for not addressing the DT situation in 5 drafts?
    Blame Speilman for Signing a back up TE instead of a WR to 5 years 25 million!
    Blame Speilman for drafting Ponder in the 1st with the 12th pick. A pick that should be bringing us a pro bowler at what ever position drafted.

The guy cannot draft an offense. He pisses quality picks away. He did it in Miami, he did it before miami and he is doing it now! We will never have a good offense as long as he is around. Our only hits on offense have been...
    Peterson - no brainer,
    Harvin - Childress' project
    Khail - 3rd overall pick
    Rudolph - a real hit.

We have nothing else. I mean nothing else worthwhile on offense.
    Load = overrated and soft
    Sully = undersized and injury prone
    Wr Corp = Soup kitchen on thanksgiving = Full of Bums
    FB = laughable
    Last edited by kevoncox; 12-06-2012 at 05:25 PM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Wasn't he trouble in college? I thought Childress went down to meet him before the draft to see if we would have any troubles should we draft him.

Evidently there is no PH in TEAM.
    he got busted for marijuanna in college. A tad different than real 'trouble'.

THe guy had migrane issues, and probably smoked pot to help. That, and he's a 22 year old kid, the majority of whom have smoked pot. Honestly nothing to really worry about, which is probably what Childress figured. He didn't have a history of violence, or making stupid decisions, it's a bit different.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast