Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Percy Harvin is making Vikings QB Brett Favre look good.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...Percy%20Harvin

"Every time he texts me, it just shocks me," Harvin says. "Brett Favre is actually texting my phone. It's humbling to know that a guy who's done it all, who will go down as one of the best quarterbacks ever … still likes to help.
    I thought Brett Favre only played for himself, and it wasn't his job to help others out.
    His INT rate isn't the only thing that he has changed since he came to the land of 10,000 lakes.
    He was quoted as saying it wasn't his job to teach Rodgers.

its not his job.
    If Rogers asked, he helped, but I don't think he went out of his way, because at that point, he was having a great season, and working for a superbowl.

Now is a little different, yes we're working for a superbowl but he realizes his role here is different.
    He's not our future and he knows that.
    But by helping sid and Harvin, he's making it easier for himself.
    I still don't see him working with sage or TJ nearly as much as Sid or Harvin, although he still does.
    LOL, someplace in there I think we agree.......

Why is it so hard to think that maybe, just maybe, our current starting QB realized that one of the things he was brought in here to do was win, the other was to help with the maturasation process of some of our younger players.

I think to say otherwise kindof detracts for his efforts to do that.
    This one leaves me scratching my head though.
    Why is it different?
    Isn't striving for a SB the same?

because at that point, he was having a great season, and working for a superbowl.
    Now is a little different, yes we're working for a superbowl but he realizes his role here is different.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:

"Every time he texts me, it just shocks me," Harvin says. "Brett Favre is actually texting my phone. It's humbling to know that a guy who's done it all, who will go down as one of the best quarterbacks ever … still likes to help.
    I thought Brett Favre only played for himself, and it wasn't his job to help others out.
    His INT rate isn't the only thing that he has changed since he came to the land of 10,000 lakes.

its not his job.
    If Rogers asked, he helped, but I don't think he went out of his way, because at that point, he was having a great season, and working for a superbowl.

I still don't see him working with sage or TJ nearly as much as Sid or Harvin, although he still does.

Why is it so hard to think that maybe, just maybe, our current starting QB realized that one of the things he was brought in here to do was win, the other was to help with the maturasation process of some of our younger players.

Why is it different?

because at that point, he was having a great season, and working for a superbowl.

yes, the same, but at that point in GB, he was a packer, and planned on being
    a packer for a while.
    He knows he doesn't have more than one or two years in him here.
    I also think a part of it was just bitterness that the GM picked a QB in the first round when they stil lhad Favre.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:

its not his job.

Why is it different?

a packer for a while.

I also think a part of it was just bitterness that the GM picked a QB in the first round when they stil lhad Favre.
    I think that was Favres whole beef. He wanted improvement around him. They could have improve the line with that pick. Also, he was really upset with the whole Moss thing.

FF
    FF is offline Training Camp

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:

its not his job.

Why is it different?

a packer for a while.

Huge difference there ... - While other quarterbacks was drafted and hired (Hasselbeck is only one name among other prolific quarterbacks whom have been 2nd string to Favre during Favre's tenure at Green Bay), it was practically "announced" with the drafting of Rodgers, that he (Rodgers) was the quarterback to succeed Favre ... - That alone is a huge indication from the management side, that they don't really count on the current quarterback to be playing for that much longer ...

That was the difference between Rodgers and all the other Quarterbacks, whom at that point had been in Green Bay up till then ... - None of the "other" qb's were announced "Favre's successor" at any time ... They were there, sure, ready to go in, if Favre had gone down, but none of them except Rodgers, were "announced" the successor ...
    "The Only Thing nescessary for The Triumph of Evil, is for Good Men to do Nothing ..."
    - Edmund Burke

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:

its not his job.

Why is it different?

a packer for a while.

Ok, that makes sense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Elam529 is offline Rookie

Hey if I got paid $12 mil I'd mentor Percy Harvin too

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

"Elam529" wrote:

Id think 12 mil on Favre was a lot better spent than 39 million for Berriens first 3 years(16 mil signing plus 23mil over first 3 yrs)

Elam529 is offline Rookie

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    "Elam529" wrote:

Id think 12 mil on Favre was a lot better spent than 39 million for Berriens first 3 years(16 mil signing plus 23mil over first 3 yrs)
    haha very true. It seems like all of our receivers are having good games this year, especially Shank and Rice. I don't know if it's Favre, more time in the league, or a mixture of both, but our recievers haven't been this good since Moss/Burleson.

This was a great article. Percy is a monster on the field, good to see he's not off of it. And, it's also a good sign that Favre is "in love" with his teammates. Good stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12