Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Percy Harvin on Brett Favre:

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Hmmm....where have I heard THIS before?

In a chat with the Palm Beach Post, Percy Harvin gave the credit for his speedy development as a wide receiver to the guy who threw him the ball in 2009, and may be throwing him the ball again in 2010.

“I just went into [the season] trying to contribute to the team first of all in the special-teams area but Brett got there and kind of took me into the game a little faster than I probably would have learned it under other quarterbacks,” Harvin said.
    But Jackson would have done just as good, right Mar?

:P

Caine
    Touche'........

On a side note, you know that I have never said anything like that.

I've said that I think this team, including a rookie by the name of PH, could carry TJ just like they made a certain HOF'r look better than he has ever had during his career.
    Mar...

At some point you're gonna have to let it go.
    NEVER my friend NEVER...... :P :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I have a sneaky suspicion that alot of you will be seeing things my way about week 6.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Percy Harvin on Brett Favre:

In all seriousness, I think that if it is an issue of who can explain the philosophy and principles behind the various aspects of the system , Chiller would be ahead.

If the question is, instead, who is better able to practically apply the system - either through play calling/altering plays or through general scheming over all (including reacting to on field situations), the answer is Favre.

The bottom line is that you have two different but RELATED people dealing with different aspects of the game plan. Chiller is the Commander in Chief - he comes up with teh overall strategy. Favre is the field General, he has to take the overall strategy and make it work.

One without the other is pretty useless - and in Chiller's case this is validated by the craptacular performance of the Offense prior to Favre's arrival. With Favre, you have to go back to the Ray Rhodes year to see an example of this going the other way.

Caine
    You left out Bevs.....How does he fit into all of this?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    In all seriousness, I think that if it is an issue of who can explain the philosophy and principles behind the various aspects of the system , Chiller would be ahead.

If the question is, instead, who is better able to practically apply the system - either through play calling/altering plays or through general scheming over all (including reacting to on field situations), the answer is Favre.

The bottom line is that you have two different but RELATED people dealing with different aspects of the game plan. Chiller is the Commander in Chief - he comes up with teh overall strategy. Favre is the field General, he has to take the overall strategy and make it work.

One without the other is pretty useless - and in Chiller's case this is validated by the craptacular performance of the Offense prior to Favre's arrival. With Favre, you have to go back to the Ray Rhodes year to see an example of this going the other way.

Caine
    He washes Favre's jock.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Re:Percy Harvin on Brett Favre:

Prophet wrote:
    The best I can tell, it helps to have someone behind center that can execute the full playbook, read defeneses, and audible options based on what is seen on the field.
    A second poster who gets it. You and Mr. A must be comparing notes.....

What amazes me the most is that most on here will go ahead and hack on the playbook, but when it is run by someone who understands it, they say its the QB and not the scheme.

Additionally, they will also hack on a young kid, who by all accounts, wasn't supposed to be ready to run the offense until year four, when he is run out there before he is ready.

Again, simply amazing. But as I said, this is a fun thread none the less and very telling in many ways. :laugh:

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine
    He washes Favre's jock.
    LOL, were you been of late?

Marrdro wrote:
    He washes Favre's jock.
    LOL, were you been of late?[/quote]

I've been around. Have a few house guests in town this week and work is busy. You know how it goes, I'll be back to pushing buttons in no time.

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    He washes Favre's jock.
    LOL, were you been of late?
    I've been around. Have a few house guests in town this week and work is busy. You know how it goes, I'll be back to pushing buttons in no time.[/quote]
    I go back in the closet starting Thurs until the 28th, then Baby Sister gets married.

Suffice it to say I will be out of pocket for a short spell. You need to hang around and keep a few of the "you know who's" in check.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a side note, I love to see how all the "Star" QB's are with thier teams right now. Except one of course......
    Hmmmmm...all of them?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/09/mmqb.tom.brady/index.html

He will be back in Foxboro this morning to resume work in the Patriots' offseason program. But he's not been a regular in the program thus far. Brady used to win awards for his attendance and fervor in the offseason program, but he said he has spent two weeks in the program since it began in mid-March. File this under the "life changes' category. The son he had with Bridget Moynahan, Jack, turns 3 in August. Benjamin Brady, his son with Bundchen, is 5 months old. Brady sounds like he'll be as much of a full-time dad as he can be while shuttling between Los Angeles and Boston.
    Leave it to ole Z to find a little nit noid fact......
    Stop making sweeping generalizations and I'll stop pointing out how you are wrong.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    On a side note, I love to see how all the "Star" QB's are with thier teams right now. Except one of course......
    Hmmmmm...all of them?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/09/mmqb.tom.brady/index.html

He will be back in Foxboro this morning to resume work in the Patriots' offseason program. But he's not been a regular in the program thus far. Brady used to win awards for his attendance and fervor in the offseason program, but he said he has spent two weeks in the program since it began in mid-March. File this under the "life changes' category. The son he had with Bridget Moynahan, Jack, turns 3 in August. Benjamin Brady, his son with Bundchen, is 5 months old. Brady sounds like he'll be as much of a full-time dad as he can be while shuttling between Los Angeles and Boston.
    Stop making sweeping generalizations and I'll stop pointing out how you are wrong.

=Z=
    So, only one other QB in the NFL?

In other words, Marrdro was 96.8% correct?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Hmmmmm...all of them?

So, only one other QB in the NFL?

In other words, Marrdro was 96.8% correct?
    All the other QBs in the NFL are stars (Marty's designation)?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast