Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Percy Harvin on Brett Favre:

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Then Percy went a little further and suggested that, as a lot of people have always suspected, Brett was the one really calling the shots in the offense.
    I knew my job would be a lot easier when Brett got here, Percy said. He knows the game better than some of our coaches there. I knew our offense would run a lot smoother with a lot more opportunities. Hes known as a gunslinger.
    In other words, without Brett, the Vikings offense wouldve been boring and vanilla, and Percy would not have gotten the chance to shine.
    With Brett dictating things, Chillyball took a backseat, and the offense became dynamic and exciting.
    I will give him the little tidbit about the Noodle knowing more about the scheme than our coaches, one would almost have to think that especially after 20 years running this offense but the rest of the stuff, ala the HC taking a back seat to a QB, is really out there.

Again, gonna be fun to see who actually believes this jibberish.
    ah, so a quote from a player that proves your point is a reputable source, but if it goes against what you preach its jibberish?

Backseat to Favre might be a bit of a stretch (Seems to be the authors interpretation anyway, not Percy's quote), but its absolutely believable that Favre ran the offense, despite what you'd have us think.
    Running the offense and audibling from the run play to the pass play the O-cord sent in isn't running the offense.

I have never once said he didn't have the lattitude to do this. :P

What I have said is that there is no way the Noodle spends time going over the other teams defensive weaknesses, then sits down and lays out the gameplan, briefs it to the HC and then orchestrates that gameplan during the game.
    and nobody is telling you this either.

There's a difference between running the offense and calling the offense.

If there's a QB who calls the offense, its Peyton Manning.

Brett Favre runs it though, no question.

Then mix in the whole "Chilly took a back seat" comment. Anyone who knows anything knows that if anyone took a back seat it would be the O-coord (cat who actually calls the plays from the gameplan that he developed).

(Seems to be the authors interpretation anyway, not Percy's quote)
    Who ever said that is probably a bit closer to reality that the author.....

Again, gonna be fun to see who believes this crap.
    again, these are the direct quotes from Harvin:

I just went into [the season] trying to contribute to the team first of all in the special-teams area but Brett got there and kind of took me into the game a little faster than I probably would have learned it under other quarterbacks,
    I knew my job would be a lot easier when Brett got here, Percy said. He knows the game better than some of our coaches there. I knew our offense would run a lot smoother with a lot more opportunities. Hes known as a gunslinger.
    the rest is just interpretation.
    Good point on Peyton, but all in all, he still doesn't do the legwork on the gameplan vs the opposing teams weakness.

There is a whole coaching staff that puts that stuff together.

Quick question, in the direct quotes, do you know what the
    [the season]
    means?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Then Percy went a little further and suggested that, as a lot of people have always suspected, Brett was the one really calling the shots in the offense.
    In other words, without Brett, the Vikings offense wouldve been boring and vanilla, and Percy would not have gotten the chance to shine.
    With Brett dictating things, Chillyball took a backseat, and the offense became dynamic and exciting.
    I will give him the little tidbit about the Noodle knowing more about the scheme than our coaches, one would almost have to think that especially after 20 years running this offense but the rest of the stuff, ala the HC taking a back seat to a QB, is really out there.

ah, so a quote from a player that proves your point is a reputable source, but if it goes against what you preach its jibberish?

Backseat to Favre might be a bit of a stretch (Seems to be the authors interpretation anyway, not Percy's quote), but its absolutely believable that Favre ran the offense, despite what you'd have us think.
    Running the offense and audibling from the run play to the pass play the O-cord sent in isn't running the offense.

What I have said is that there is no way the Noodle spends time going over the other teams defensive weaknesses, then sits down and lays out the gameplan, briefs it to the HC and then orchestrates that gameplan during the game.

Then mix in the whole "Chilly took a back seat" comment. Anyone who knows anything knows that if anyone took a back seat it would be the O-coord (cat who actually calls the plays from the gameplan that he developed).

I just went into [the season] trying to contribute to the team first of all in the special-teams area but Brett got there and kind of took me into the game a little faster than I probably would have learned it under other quarterbacks,
    Good point on Peyton, but all in all, he still doesn't do the legwork on the gameplan vs the opposing teams weakness.

[the season]
    means?
    I'd imagine he just said something like "I just went into this trying..." or some other generic term, and it was altered so there would be minimal confusion as to what he meant.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

He said "SOME of our coaches."

There are quality control guys and assistant coaches on the offense that are younger than Brett.

He's been running the offense for 17 years. There's no doubt he knows what works and what doesn't, he's seen it all.

I don't think there's any controversy in Harvin's statement, it's factual. He knows the offense better than some of our guys, no doubt. Better than Childress? No. Better than Bevell? Maybe. The rest of the guys going down the food chain, probably.

AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Oh I don't know Marr... given the way the previous QB's had their hand tied and weren't allowed to call audibles then Chilly/OC letting a QB audible is running the offense in Minnesota :laugh:
    As always, accurate and funny at the same time.

Well played my friend. Well played indeed.
    I learnt from a good teacher my friend :cheer:
    Yea but rumor has it, that teacher has a sense of humor akin to a bent shitcan. :blink:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

[the season]
    means?
    I'd imagine he just said something like "I just went into this trying..." or some other generic term, and it was altered so there would be minimal confusion as to what he meant.
    They say Peyton watches more tape than anybody, I'm willing to be he's at least active in gameplanning. He probably sits with the coaches and goes over tape and points out things he notices. He seems like one of the most pro-active guys in the league, I doubt those countless accounts of how much he watches tape and works are all lies. I don't know the extent on what he does, but I'd be willing to bet that he has some part in gameplanning.

That, and he has a choice of plays to run on any given play, should also make that fairly clear.

I've said before, Tom Moore has one of the easiest jobs in the game.

Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

[the season]
    means?
    They say Peyton watches more tape than anybody, I'm willing to be he's at least active in gameplanning. He probably sits with the coaches and goes over tape and points out things he notices. He seems like one of the most pro-active guys in the league, I doubt those countless accounts of how much he watches tape and works are all lies. I don't know the extent on what he does, but I'd be willing to bet that he has some part in gameplanning.

That, and he has a choice of plays to run on any given play, should also make that fairly clear.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    He said "SOME of our coaches."

There are quality control guys and assistant coaches on the offense that are younger than Brett.

He's been running the offense for 17 years. There's no doubt he knows what works and what doesn't, he's seen it all.

I don't think there's any controversy in Harvin's statement, it's factual. He knows the offense better than some of our guys, no doubt. Better than Childress? No. Better than Bevell? Maybe. The rest of the guys going down the food chain, probably.
    Someone who gets it.

As always, a excellent post my friend.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Oh I don't know Marr... given the way the previous QB's had their hand tied and weren't allowed to call audibles then Chilly/OC letting a QB audible is running the offense in Minnesota :laugh:
    As always, accurate and funny at the same time.

Well played my friend. Well played indeed.
    I learnt from a good teacher my friend :cheer:
    Yea but rumor has it, that teacher has a sense of humor akin to a bent shitcan. :blink:
    lol compared to some here that would put you in the Jay Leno league :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

[the season]
    means?

I agree, Peyton is probably the most active in that regard, but he probably only gets involved when they review specific sets/trends that the rest of the staff has found, to make sure he knows what he is seeing.

and it was altered so there would be minimal confusion as to what he meant.
    So what your saying is, it isn't a direct quote, but actually a quote the author took the liberty of editing so us dumb yutz's would understand the point the author was trying to make.

In short, he thinks we are to dumb to get his point on our own or might even come up with an altogether idea which probably doesn't meet his agenda...... :huh:

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

[the season]
    means?

I agree, Peyton is probably the most active in that regard, but he probably only gets involved when they review specific sets/trends that the rest of the staff has found, to make sure he knows what he is seeing.

and it was altered so there would be minimal confusion as to what he meant.
    So what your saying is, it isn't a direct quote, but actually a quote the author took the liberty of editing so us dumb yutz's would understand the point the author was trying to make.

In short, he thinks we are to dumb to get his point on our own or might even come up with an altogether idea which probably doesn't meet his agenda...... :huh:
    if you edit a quote, you've gotta put the [edits] in the brackets. similar to this

In short, he thinks [the majority of PP.O members] are dumb to get his point on our own or might even come up with an altogether idea which probably doesn't meet his agenda...... :huh:
    the fact is, the edit made has nothing to do with the actual content, just changing a choice of words. You're really [reaching] for something that isn't there

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast