Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Percy Harvin on Brett Favre:

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Percy Harvin on Brett Favre:

Then Percy went a little further and suggested that, as a lot of people have always suspected, Brett was the one really calling the shots in the offense.
    “I knew my job would be a lot easier when Brett got here,” Percy said. “He knows the game better than some of our coaches there. I knew our offense would run a lot smoother with a lot more opportunities. He’s known as a gunslinger.”
    In other words, without Brett, the Vikings offense would’ve been boring and vanilla, and Percy would not have gotten the chance to shine.
    With Brett dictating things, Chillyball took a backseat, and the offense became dynamic and exciting.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Then Percy went a little further and suggested that, as a lot of people have always suspected, Brett was the one really calling the shots in the offense.
    “I knew my job would be a lot easier when Brett got here,” Percy said. “He knows the game better than some of our coaches there. I knew our offense would run a lot smoother with a lot more opportunities. He’s known as a gunslinger.”
    In other words, without Brett, the Vikings offense would’ve been boring and vanilla, and Percy would not have gotten the chance to shine.
    With Brett dictating things, Chillyball took a backseat, and the offense became dynamic and exciting.
    I will give him the little tidbit about the Noodle knowing more about the scheme than our coaches, one would almost have to think that especially after 20 years running this offense but the rest of the stuff, ala the HC taking a back seat to a QB, is really out there.

Again, gonna be fun to see who actually believes this jibberish.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I will give him the little tidbit about the Noodle knowing more about the scheme than our coaches, one would almost have to think that especially after 20 years running this offense but the rest of the stuff, ala the HC taking a back seat to a QB, is really out there.

ah, so a quote from a player that proves your point is a reputable source, but if it goes against what you preach its jibberish?

Backseat to Favre might be a bit of a stretch (Seems to be the authors interpretation anyway, not Percy's quote), but its absolutely believable that Favre ran the offense, despite what you'd have us think.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Yep the Ben & Jerrys best selling flavour in the Twin Cities, though known there (prior to 2009 ) as KAO...
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

ah, so a quote from a player that proves your point is a reputable source, but if it goes against what you preach its jibberish?

Backseat to Favre might be a bit of a stretch (Seems to be the authors interpretation anyway, not Percy's quote), but its absolutely believable that Favre ran the offense, despite what you'd have us think.
    Running the offense and audibling from the run play to the pass play the O-cord sent in isn't running the offense.

I have never once said he didn't have the lattitude to do this. :P

What I have said is that there is no way the Noodle spends time going over the other teams defensive weaknesses, then sits down and lays out the gameplan, briefs it to the HC and then orchestrates that gameplan during the game.

Audible vs Gameplanning. Two entirely different concepts.

Then mix in the whole "Chilly took a back seat" comment. Anyone who knows anything knows that if anyone took a back seat it would be the O-coord (cat who actually calls the plays from the gameplan that he developed).

(Seems to be the authors interpretation anyway, not Percy's quote)
    Who ever said that is probably a bit closer to reality that the author.....

Again, gonna be fun to see who believes this crap.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

Running the offense and audibling from the run play to the pass play the O-cord sent in isn't running the offense.
    [/quote]

Oh I don't know Marr... given the way the previous QB's had their hand tied and weren't allowed to call audibles then Chilly/OC letting a QB audible is running the offense in Minnesota :laugh:

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

I have never once said he didn't have the lattitude to do this. :P

What I have said is that there is no way the Noodle spends time going over the other teams defensive weaknesses, then sits down and lays out the gameplan, briefs it to the HC and then orchestrates that gameplan during the game.
    and nobody is telling you this either.

There's a difference between running the offense and calling the offense.

If there's a QB who calls the offense, its Peyton Manning.

Brett Favre runs it though, no question.

Then mix in the whole "Chilly took a back seat" comment. Anyone who knows anything knows that if anyone took a back seat it would be the O-coord (cat who actually calls the plays from the gameplan that he developed).

(Seems to be the authors interpretation anyway, not Percy's quote)
    Who ever said that is probably a bit closer to reality that the author.....

Again, gonna be fun to see who believes this crap.
    again, these are the direct quotes from Harvin:

I just went into [the season] trying to contribute to the team first of all in the special-teams area but Brett got there and kind of took me into the game a little faster than I probably would have learned it under other quarterbacks,”
    the rest is just interpretation.

AngloVike wrote:
    Oh I don't know Marr... given the way the previous QB's had their hand tied and weren't allowed to call audibles then Chilly/OC letting a QB audible is running the offense in Minnesota :laugh:
    As always, accurate and funny at the same time.

Well played my friend. Well played indeed.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    As always, accurate and funny at the same time.

Well played my friend. Well played indeed.
    I learnt from a good teacher my friend :cheer:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast