Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Purple Mk1 is offline Rookie

Percy Harvin 2009 AP Offensive Rookie of the Year!

Congratulations to Percy Harvin for being named Offensive Rookie of the Year! He blew away the competition getting 41 out of 50 votes.

Just the beginning of the post-season awards (None for the Pro Bowl, however, as the Vikings will be preparing for the Superbowl):

NFL MVP - Favre
    Superbowl MVP - Could be Favre, AD, Rice, Percy or JA
    Most importantly - Superbowl XLIV Champs!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Percy Harvin 2009 AP Offensive Rookie of the Year!

Congrats to PH, however, just another "Individual" award that can't be achieved without a team effort.

In the end, I hate these things. Only thing they are good for is to give sports hacks something to write about that makes fans of the player happy and fans of other teams upset thier palyer didn't win it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Percy Harvin 2009 AP Offensive Rookie of the Year!

Way to go Percy! The team and the fans are proud of you!!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Flidais is offline Rookie

Re:Percy Harvin 2009 AP Offensive Rookie of the Ye

Marrdro wrote:
    Only thing they are good for is to give sports hacks something to write about that makes fans of the player happy and fans of other teams upset thier palyer didn't win it.
    Meh, I see your point, but if the media has to do something, and they usually feel compelled to do so, I'd rather they hand out meaningless awards than keep harping on a schism that may or may not have actually happened.

Anyway, I'm glad for Percy and glad for me. It gives me more ammunition in my week long project to torture the office Cowboy fans. Speaking of, I've yet to do that today...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Flidais wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Only thing they are good for is to give sports hacks something to write about that makes fans of the player happy and fans of other teams upset thier palyer didn't win it.
    Meh, I see your point, but if the media has to do something, and they usually feel compelled to do so, I'd rather they hand out meaningless awards than keep harping on a schism that may or may not have actually happened.

Anyway, I'm glad for Percy and glad for me. It gives me more ammunition in my week long project to torture the office Cowboy fans. Speaking of, I've yet to do that today...
    A very good point.

By the way, torturing Cowgirl fans at work.......That is spreadsheet promotion worthy my friend. Consider yourself bumped.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats to Percy. He is one of the few WRs that do some damage in their rookie year. I hope he has a memorable postseason.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats to PH. Great achievement. Marrdro, stop being a crumudgeon. LOL :laugh:

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
    Adrian Peterson (2007)
    Randy Moss (1998)
    Sammy White (1976)
    Chuck Foreman (1973)
    Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    Congrats to PH, however, just another "Individual" award that can't be achieved without a team effort.

In the end, I hate these things. Only thing they are good for is to give sports hacks something to write about that makes fans of the player happy and fans of other teams upset thier palyer didn't win it.
    Well, somebody must have eaten a bad peanut last night :woohoo: In the end, you are correct, on one hand it is a meaningless individual award, however, on the other, it is an acknowledgement of young talent...

I love this award, gets the Vikes attention, and gives hope for the future. I live in Delaware and there are already bunches of kids I've seen wearing Harvin, Rice, Allen, and AD jerseys...this, in the heart of EagleNation. ROTY is a badge worn now by 6 Vikings offensive players over the years...Paul Flatley, Chuck Foreman, Sammy White, Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson, now Percy Harvin. Curiously, we've not had a defensive ROTY.

The NFL Live Show where Cris Carter could not say enough positive things about Percy has stuck with me all year. He pointed out that he scouts Florida high school players, trains them, does some work for Urban Meyer getting his WR corp ready. CC made the comment that "no matter if it was high school freshman football, varsity, college scrimmages, practices or games, Percy Harvin was the best football player on the field."

Great job Percy! You are already in very lofty Vikings company. Thanks for having balls Chilly, Wilf and Bycheapski. Stay clean and healthy Percy...the sky is the limit young man; congrats.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    Congrats to Percy!

Sixth Viking to win the award:
    Adrian Peterson (2007)
    Randy Moss (1998)
    Sammy White (1976)
    Chuck Foreman (1973)
    Paul Flatley (1963)

=Z=
    I don't recall Paul Flately. Maybe it's because i was fresh out of the vagina.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast