Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

PEP TO FIRE AGENT?? IS THIS GOOD OR BAD?

Culpepper's future is talk of league
    Will smoke lead to fire in consecutive years for the Vikings?
    Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Will smoke lead to fire in consecutive years for the Vikings?
    Last year at this time, the NFL was ablaze with trade rumors concerning receiver Randy Moss. Despite vigorous denials from the Vikings, Moss was traded to Oakland in mid-February.

These days, the possibility of another major departure -- this time, quarterback Daunte Culpepper -- has become the talk of the league. While team officials say they have not even hired the person who would play a significant role in the decision, Culpepper's name already has surfaced in Baltimore and Oakland, while some believe St. Louis and Arizona could have interest as well.

Although no trade could officially be consummated until March 3, the Vikings could entertain offers and agree in principal at any time. Although owner Zygi Wilf said last week that Culpepper and backup Brad Johnson would remain on the roster, Culpepper caused ripples in the organization earlier this month by twice seeking a raise on his 2006 contract.

Culpepper is scheduled to get $6 million in bonuses March 14 and, in addition, has a $2 million base salary for the season.

Some of the heaviest speculation has centered around Baltimore, where incumbent Kyle Boller has not been guaranteed the starting job in 2006. On Monday, Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome told the Baltimore Sun that he had not spoken with the Vikings about Culpepper but did not rule out the possibility.

"Just like in free agency, we've got to utilize every possibility we can to get better," Newsome told the Sun.

Meanwhile, Moss said Monday on Sporting News Radio that he would welcome Culpepper in Oakland despite the pair's differences during their final year together in 2004.

"One thing I have come to figure out," Moss said, "is that this game that we play has gotten me and Daunte kind of distant. But, I think about reuniting us, or something like that, and taking it to another level. I'm not saying he is going to become a Raider, but if there was any interest in bringing him to Oakland, I've got my arms open to anybody who wants to come out here and win a Super Bowl. That's what I'm working for."

The Vikings don't figure to finalize their strategy until after hiring the third part of their decision-making triangle. As of Monday afternoon, the Vikings were not believed to have asked permission to interview Denver director of pro personnel Rick Smith -- the last of their known candidates who has yet to either interview or decline an opportunity to speak about their personnel director job.

Whether or not Smith interviews, the Vikings hope to have a decision made by the end of the week.

Etc.

• Rumors continued to circulate that Culpepper planned to fire agent Mason Ashe. As of Monday, however, Culpepper had not filed dismissal papers with the NFL Players Association. If that occurs, union rules would require Culpepper to wait five business days until hiring a new agent, according to an NFLPA spokesman.

maybe he the one responsible behind all these daunte problems and pepp knows he should dump him...i just hope its not the complete opposite and we have to deal with contracts with Sataa...hrrm i mean Mr. Rosenhaus

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: PEP TO FIRE AGENT?? IS THIS GOOD OR BAD?

Firing his agent sounds good unless he hires Rosenhaus. Only major issues would come of that.

[color=red]

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Not thread related.....but you're gonna need to change your sig, magicci...LOL

Kobe's high is 81 points now...WOW!!! Chamberlain has to be looking over his shoulder...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Firing his agent sounds good unless he hires Rosenhaus. Only major issues would come of that.
    Ya, hiring Rosenhaus would be a bad sign.

I was going to play the what if game, but I stopped myself.

njpurple is offline Training Camp

I love culpepper but I am so pissed that he wants out.
    He was the reason Moss left & showed us really what a team leader he is .
    He has big balls to even think of a raise in his extremly large contract
    Reminds me Of TO the AO

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"MensaTice" wrote:
    i agree, if he went out and hired rosenhaus then the team would be even less inclined to keep culpepper. rosenhaus is a punk and he is the one who started all the trouble in philly and had t.o. help him. if pepper gets drew as his agent i'd think the vikes would be leaning a lot more towards a trade cause this would show us what peppers true intentions are.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    Not thread related.....but you're gonna need to change your sig, magicci...LOL

Kobe's high is 81 points now...WOW!!! Chamberlain has to be looking over his shoulder...
    Oh, the Kobe sig. I thought you were talking about the sig I made for him (that has Daunte's face in there and talks about next year's team).

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Easy everyone, just because he MAY be switching agents, there is NO indication that he is hiring Rosenhaus to represent him. He may very well be getting rid of this Ashe-clown for a reason. Who knows what his thoughts are, I don't, but if he is serious about getting rid of his agent, it is probably a good indicator that Daunte is not behind the re-upping of the contract.

Also, this Ashe guy is probably trying to get Daunte more money to fill his boots in an attempt to make more commission now because of the unknown future of daunte's knee. My guess is that there is no way any agent in his/her right mind would think they have a leg to stand on trying to get Daunte an increase in pay, based on last years performance and the unknown status on his knee.

I have yet to comment on the whole re-upping of the contract, more or less because it is insane to even have the gonads to bring the subject up. C-Pep should really just mind his P's and Q's and try to win the fans back with a great season, not by trying to get a raise, I hope that is the reason for the rumored firing of his agent.

There is not a team in the NFL that would trade for Daunte and give him a raise, if there is WOW, but to think he'll leave Minny and get a raise is insane. Also if that is the case if I was team interested in trading for Daunte, I would be more worried about his post-concussion syndrome then his new knee, nuf said.

Cheers!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe this will be better for PEP, I mean I don't totally agree with this being the reason for D-PEP being this way. Remember pep did ask himslef for a raise, and he is the one who didn't want to meet Childress face to face. Who knows what the future holds, until I hear that Pep has been traded, it is all specalation until then..

For me, this means one of these two things are true:

A: Daunte is dedicated to the Vikes and wants to stay here, so he fired his agent who was requesting contract negotiations for more money without his approval.

B: He decided to get a new agent because he wants out of Minny and felt a fresh start was needed, starting with his agent.

I'm inclined to think that he wants to stay here...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast