Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

And people wonder why Viking fans hate red....

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7454045

The National Football League recently announced it intends to have a non-expansion team in Los Angeles by 2008. By moving the Vikings to Los Angeles, the No. 2 television market in the country, the Vikings could be worth an estimated $800 million. That would be about $200 million more than McCombs has been asking for locally.

By paying off the Vikings' Dome lease, which would cost nearly $40 million, McCombs could still sell the Vikings to Los Angeles interests and make about $150 million more than if he sold the team locally to Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: And people wonder why Viking fans hate red....

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

The National Football League recently announced it intends to have a non-expansion team in Los Angeles by 2008. By moving the Vikings to Los Angeles, the No. 2 television market in the country, the Vikings could be worth an estimated $800 million. That would be about $200 million more than McCombs has been asking for locally.

By paying off the Vikings' Dome lease, which would cost nearly $40 million, McCombs could still sell the Vikings to Los Angeles interests and make about $150 million more than if he sold the team locally to Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor.

We all know if red can make a dollar or save a dollar, he will do it. God I hate him so much!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Re: And people wonder why Viking fans hate red....

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

I live out here I'm all for it! :cheers:

We all know if red can make a dollar or save a dollar, he will do it. God I hate him so much!
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

I've seen this same article posted on a couple of other Bear and Lion fan boards. They all said they'd be pissed too if the Vikings moved to LA. They don't want to see a division rivalry of 40 years ended by a rich man trying to get richer.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Wow, I thought that this was over with. As of about a month ago it seemed that we were getting a new stadium and this topic would be closed. I don't think that I would ever watch football again if they moved our team. Red can blow me!!!! :angryfire:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah thats BS i would hate to see that even if new mexico was big enough to move a team to and they were going to move them here where i live i would be pissed its just not the same its not the minnesota vikings, its just not the same. God i hope it doesnt happen and if it does minn needs to fight for the name VIKINGS like the browns did theres no vikings in los angles, just like the lakers wheres all the lakes

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

i've been here for a while and have only posted 2 things, but this topic makes me really angry. i will be pissed if the Vikes move to LA (or anywhere else)!!! if red wants to make money do it some other way that won't make tons of people mad at him. :angryfire:

eelpout72 is offline Starter

If the vikes move to LA, I could just imagine all of those stupid movie stars who probably dont know anything about football would go to the games just to make their "appearance". (like they do w/lakers). I doubt that i could ever cheer for them again if that happened.

This would anger me too, but I don't think I could switch teams because they had to move because of some rich guy...

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

K guys, I can almost guarantee the league would not allow something like this to happen, considering the fan support the vikes have in minnesota, it would be bad for the health of the league. They are more likely to sell the Colts or 'zona to LA

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast