Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Pennsylvania Vikings Fans Unite!!!!!

I could vote for three different areas actually as I lived in the Pittsburgh area (Latrobe/Greensburg) just after college, and have done two tours of duty in Erie as well over the years (before I got smart and moved back down here hopefully permanantly).

I saw where the "Lake effect" snow machine was in full force the other day, and I was playing golf in SC, so those are the days that remind me of why I am down here.

I hope the weather stays good for next week as I drive the clan up to Reading for Thanksgiving.

NC_VIKING is offline Training Camp

Born and raised in Eastern PA. Moved to NC 2 years ago but travel to PA to visit family around 4 to 5 times a year. Big props to PA Viking fans. Skoal Vikes.

Salzy is offline Rookie

Well, The Windsor Inn is officially listed as the second best in the world. #1 being the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. (The place that started wings) In Scranton there is also Kelly's which have awesome wings. There is a wing contest every year, Wings over Montage, that brings hundreds of places to Scranton for the title. We are proud of our wings. I was thinking that maybe if the Windsor had sunday ticket we could meet there, or at another awesome wing place that does. Or I could set it up in Reading, that is up to you guys and girls. How did this turn into a meet and greet :wink:
    The Cheat is grounded!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"Salzy" wrote:
    Well, The Windsor Inn is officially listed as the second best in the world. #1 being the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. (The place that started wings) In Scranton there is also Kelly's which have awesome wings. There is a wing contest every year, Wings over Montage, that brings hundreds of places to Scranton for the title. We are proud of our wings. I was thinking that maybe if the Windsor had sunday ticket we could meet there, or at another awesome wing place that does. Or I could set it up in Reading, that is up to you guys and girls. How did this turn into a meet and greet :wink:
    I used to live up near Buffalo and hang out there a considerable ammount. And that was back when I thought wings were one of the major food groups. Not many days went by without wings being eaten by me.

My take on Buffalo's wing scene is as follows. For ambience alone you have to go to The Anchor Bar at least once if you are a wing connisiour. It is kind of like a trip to Mecca. However I found their wings to be the 2nd best (at best) in Buffalo.

The best wings in Buffalo are at Duff's. That is pretty much all they sell there and the wings are the best I have ever had anywhere.
    Thier shirts say:
    Warning:
    Medium is Hot
    Medium-Hot is Very Hot
    Hot is Very Very Hot!
    Although as all wing connsiours know there is more to wings than how hot you can make them. And Duffs is as good at they come.

Then you have Rooty's (?sp) north (in like Williamsport or Lockport or something like that) and they have the best bleu cheese dressing not only in Buffalo but anywhere I have ever been. Their bleu cheese dressing used to be bottled and sold at some local grocery stores and such, it is awesome.

Anyway now I am married to a dietician so I cant enjoy wings as much as I used to because I know what I am doing to myself and it just takes some of the enjoyment out of it.

I also realized that I am going to be down here this Christmas anyway and my inlaws are coming down for a "Green Christmas" this year.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

you need to try to look on yahoo groups or make your own pa vikings group on yahoo, might take a while but you could watch games with your homies and drink and make some new friends too?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

mogwai is offline Starter

wilkes-barre,pa. fan here. skol vikes

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"Turboe" wrote:
    "Salzy" wrote:
    I used to live up near Buffalo and hang out there a considerable ammount. And that was back when I thought wings were one of the major food groups. Not many days went by without wings being eaten by me.

My take on Buffalo's wing scene is as follows. For ambience alone you have to go to The Anchor Bar at least once if you are a wing connisiour. It is kind of like a trip to Mecca. However I found their wings to be the 2nd best (at best) in Buffalo.

The best wings in Buffalo are at Duff's. That is pretty much all they sell there and the wings are the best I have ever had anywhere.
    Thier shirts say:
    Warning:
    Medium is Hot
    Medium-Hot is Very Hot
    Hot is Very Very Hot!
    Although as all wing connsiours know there is more to wings than how hot you can make them. And Duffs is as good at they come.

Then you have Rooty's (?sp) north (in like Williamsport or Lockport or something like that) and they have the best bleu cheese dressing not only in Buffalo but anywhere I have ever been. Their bleu cheese dressing used to be bottled and sold at some local grocery stores and such, it is awesome.

Anyway now I am married to a dietician so I cant enjoy wings as much as I used to because I know what I am doing to myself and it just takes some of the enjoyment out of it.

I also realized that I am going to be down here this Christmas anyway and my inlaws are coming down for a "Green Christmas" this year.
    At Best Wings USA, aka Quaker Stake, aka Hot Rod Cafe, aka Tully's, they have a few levels of hot:

Hot (Very hot, but for the most part, tolerable)
    Suicide (these will burn the hairs right off the inside of your nose)
    Atomic (You actually have to sign a release form to eat these) I had about half of one, one time, and an hour later, I was still breathing heavy and sweating. Why anyone would actually want to eat a whole order of these, I have no idea.

My favorite sauce they have is Arizona Ranch, it's like a combo between hot and ranch. Hot enough, but not too hot.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12