Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Pennington to start against the Vikes

Doesnt the Jets have a decent O-line? It may not be a walkover but our QB trumps theirs in a heartbeart.
    Can we kidnap Nugent and not give him back?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

They got one of the best centers in the league. Cannot spell his name though. :grin:

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Can we kidnap Nugent and not give him back?
    No. But we can do the next best thing. If we aren't gonna be able to use him, lets make sure that noone else can. But if we injure him really badly (and I have several things in mind), the player will probably be suspended and fined a lot.

So my idea is to send Kelly Campbell to tear Nugent's leg off. It's a win-win for us. No more Nugent, and no more Campbell! :lol:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Justin311 is offline Rookie

"Johnny, sweep the knee."

"But Sensay, i could be disqualified."

"Do you have a problem with that?

"....no....."

"No mercy"

The sad truth about Nugent is they spent a 2nd round pick on him. The first time he misses a kick he will get booed so much it could mess him up the rest of the season.

80_was_the_man is offline Training Camp

Dude to say C-mart is too old to do anything is one of the most ridiculous comments Ive ever seen on here. Lets see he led the NFL in rushing last year, even if he was slowed be becoming 1(yes a big fat one) year older he is still prob one of the 5 best in the league this year, and there is no one in the league as consistent. Im a huge Vikes fan and not a jets fan at all, but saying C-mart is too old to do anything is like saying the Pittsburg Defense is like a wet towel. Think about what you say before you say it you wont look like so much of an idiot.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i wanna see erasmus james start and hit pennington hard like he did to the kansas city quarterback and mess him up good. moss said pennington was the best quarterback he ever played for and we all know this isn't true, he was just helping out his friend before he got drafted cause pennington will never be better than brad johnson.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    They got one of the best centers in the league. Cannot spell his name though. :grin:
    Kevin Mawae! :grin:

Let's not be so harsh on the Nuge now. :grin: (not you Ultra)
    He is afterall a Buckeye and if Hermie wasnt so pissed at Brien and pissed at Ted C. for snatching Antoine out from under their nose we would have ended up with Nugent.

LIDeadHead is offline Waterboy

Don't forget, CP played the 7 of the last 9 games played for the Jets, going well into the playoffs, WITH a torn rotator cuff. Now you tell me how a repaired rotator cuff is actually going to hamper his season? Many of you underestimate the Jets roster. Coles is not our only receiver. Chrebet & Jolley have done very well for themselves all throughout traing camp. Justin McCarins will put up better numbers this season now that he is starting to settle in. Martin/Blaylock will be more intense in the running game as well. Blaylock is very impressive at camp. You just can't go by what you saw last week against Detroit. The proof is in the pudding at training camp. I have attended many practices this season, and trust me, Pennington will deliver bombs tonight. You can also expect him to play the entire first half. Heres to a good game
    ccasion5:

MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Welcome.

I think the Jets will be in the mix of things again this year. What do you think about having Jay Fiedler as your back-up? he fizzled somewhat for Miami, more so last year when AJ Feeley got the majority of the snaps. He could be better.. or maybe not.. in NY if he is called upon to lead the offense.
    I like Fiedler. he's less likely to go to rehab or need counseling like that guy from Dallas last year. Plus, he's a local kid which fans always like. I just hope he's ready. I don't like Chad's odds to stay healthy all season.

Prophet Guest

The games I've seen Pennington play in he has been above average. C. Martin is a workhorse and is in the top tier of current RBs in the league. As far as the receiving corps goes for the Jets, they are average to below average in my book. Overall, I like the Jets team this year, they should have a legit. shot of making the playoffs.

I hope Bennett has a better game tonight. I'm most excited about seeing the Vikings D come out and dominate. It has been so long since I've seen a decent D on the Vikings that my children think I'm lying when I tell them that the Vikings were a dominant force when I was young.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast