Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Penalties Week 2

We had 9 more penalties last week against the Panthers 2 of which were most likely very hard to swallow. Artis Hicks holds and the result is a FG instead of being on the goal line.

The second was an intentional grounding by B. Johnson. It took our 1st and 10 and turned it into a 2nd and 22. We went from being on the 10 yardline to the 22. We got a field goal.

Best Case Scenerio we would have had two TD's. Unfortunatly we will never know because penalties hurt us.

Totals for the year.

Penalties- 18 Total
    3- M. Birk
    2- A. Hicks
    2- B. Mckinnie
    2- C. Griffin
    1- F. Smoot
    1- B. Johnson
    1- E. Henderson
    1- N. Harris
    1- W. Hunter
    1- S. Johnson
    1- G. Blue
    1- E. James
    1- TEAM

Offense:9
    Defense:5
    Special T:4

Team offensive captain Matt Birk leads the Pack. Marcus Johnson and Hutch have zero penalties and are the only starters for the o-line that can say that.

We need to improve. Especially on offense. It is taking points off our board and making those 7,8,9 minute drives worthless.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Penalties Week 2

pretty evenly distributed over the offense and defense, surprised to see birk leading the way. wonder if its birk trying too hard to cover for the guards, once he gets used to hutch being solid, hes going to play better and help out the guards on the other side. then the rookies, well, theyre rookies, so yeah costly so far down the field, but im optimistic that it will get better. they played one hell of a line last week too.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    We had 9 more penalties last week against the Panthers 2 of which were most likely very hard to swallow. Artis Hicks holds and the result is a FG instead of being on the goal line.

The second was an intentional grounding by B. Johnson. It took our 1st and 10 and turned it into a 2nd and 22. We went from being on the 10 yardline to the 22. We got a field goal.

Best Case Scenerio we would have had two TD's. Unfortunatly we will never know because penalties hurt us.

Totals for the year.

Penalties- 18 Total
    3- M. Birk
    2- A. Hicks
    2- B. Mckinnie
    2- C. Griffin
    1- F. Smoot
    1- B. Johnson
    1- E. Henderson
    1- N. Harris
    1- W. Hunter
    1- S. Johnson
    1- G. Blue
    1- E. James
    1- TEAM

Offense:9
    Defense:5
    Special T:4

Team offensive captain Matt Birk leads the Pack. Marcus Johnson and Hutch have zero penalties and are the only starters for the o-line that can say that.

We need to improve. Especially on offense. It is taking points off our board and making those 7,8,9 minute drives worthless.

Good post Del!

The O-line has to stop getting drive killing penalties, the holding by Hicks killed us on that drive and could have changed the outcome of the game.

It was the opening drive, we had 1st and goal from the 7 and Chester ran to the 1 yard line for a 6 yard gain and would have been 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line, but Hicks gets called for holding and we have 1st and goal form the 17 and like Del said we got a field goal instead of a TD.

Would it have changed the way the rest of the game went if we went up 7 - 0 on the first drive?
    Maybe / maybe not.
    But I think it could have deflated their defense a little and put them back on their heels a little and maybe their defense wouldn't have gotten into the rhythm they did and maybe Brad wouldn't have taken the beating that he did from Peppers.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

I'm thankful that penalties are being discussed instead of turnovers.
    The discipline will come to the line and the penalties will drop.
    Turnovers are something that I am so sick of, they destroy a team's momentum and confidence and, eventually, the team chemistry.

Birk will get it together.
    When the leader of the line gets things under control the rest will follow.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Turnovers are something that I am so sick of, they destroy a team's momentum and confidence and, eventually, the team chemistry.

I hope so.
    So many of these have been tough ones which are drive-killers - and not at all what I was expecting from the UMWCO.

=Z=
    (Oh - and as to turnovers, only ONE from the Defense is not what I was expecting from the Minnesota 2 scheme).

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I hope so.
    So many of these have been tough ones which are drive-killers - and not at all what I was expecting from the UMWCO.

=Z=
    (Oh - and as to turnovers, only ONE from the Defense is not what I was expecting from the Minnesota 2 scheme).

Killers are right. Our offense is not explosive so when you go down the field 80+ yards to have it end in 3 points thats bad.

The defense will get turnovers. In fact I would bet the farm on at least one this weekend. One important stat that should be discussed is that for both of our games our opponents have not scored in the 4th quarter at all. Goose egged in the 4th. That is something to hang a hat on.

Prophet Guest

"Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I hope so.

=Z=

Killers are right. Our offense is not explosive so when you go down the field 80+ yards to have it end in 3 points thats bad.

The defense will get turnovers. In fact I would bet the farm on at least one this weekend. One important stat that should be discussed is that for both of our games our opponents have not scored in the 4th quarter at all. Goose egged in the 4th. That is something to hang a hat on.
    That is a nice stat, no pts given up in the 4th.
    I can't believe you are willing to bet your farm on the turnover call.
    Gutsy call.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

yes penalties do kill a drive and i am sure it is being addressed to try and solve the problem, we are still a new team with alot of new players and will gel together and play better the more the season goes on...
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    If the farm is in Utah, does it come with enough wives to handle the chores?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    If the farm is in Utah, does it come with enough wives to handle the chores?

=Z=
    Of course, this is Utah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast