Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    Bubba Jed's Avatar
    Bubba Jed is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    203

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    I'm sure that if the Vikings move to L.A. there will be riots in the streets of MN.
    The Pack, the Pack, gonna smack the Pack.

  2. #12
    Bubba Jed's Avatar
    Bubba Jed is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    203

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    So the politicians in MN need to get their heads out of the arses and get this stuff done.
    The Pack, the Pack, gonna smack the Pack.

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    Bubba Jed wrote:
    So the politicians in MN need to get their heads out of the arses and get this stuff done.
    Pretty much.

    The Governor actually said basically the same thing. When he introduced his budget proposal without any Vikings stadium funding, he made it clear that he expects any funding bill to come from the legislature, not from the governors office. He said something to the effect of "they can have creative thoughts too."

    Obviously a republican governor with Washington aspirations isn't going to introduce a budget with a billion dollar stadium attached to it. But between these comments and the hinting toward lottery, IMHO he is making it very clear that he will support a stadium bill if passed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    fanofteam is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    182

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    Someone told me the latest proposal is for an outdoor stadium, is that true ?

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    fanofteam wrote:
    Someone told me the latest proposal is for an outdoor stadium, is that true ?
    I hadn't heard on one yet. The last proposal I heard of was the MSFC one that was released about 5 weeks back. It featured a retractable roof.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    They are introducing a bill to abolish the MSFC and sell the dome to the Vikings for $1 too.

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    Webby wrote:
    They are introducing a bill to abolish the MSFC and sell the dome to the Vikings for $1 too.
    A similar bill has been introduced before. I don't see the Vikings going for it. It would certainly fix the lease argument they currently have, but it would also remove the state from any responsibility of building a new stadium, which would be a mistake.

    The Vikings cannot afford to build a stadium themselves. Very few owners can afford to do something like, and Wilf - while rich - is not that rich.

    I am hoping to see a bill that puts state contributions equal to the money that the state will receive through direct and indirect tax. Then the Vikings and/or host community can work out the rest. It is, IMHO, the most fair compromise.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    Minniman wrote:
    More lottery and gambling? That is just what we need. :S

    The State of Minnesota should sell shares in the stadium like the Packers sell shares to the team. Then we'll see how many Vikings fans put their money where their mouths are. The NFL does not allow fan ownership of a team other than the Packers, but they cannot say a thing about the stadium.

    By the way, the $1.15 billion Cowboys stadium had only $325 million in public funds. Why must the Vikings stadium have so much more? Also, the NFL pitched in $150 million. Will the Vikings stadium get that as well?
    The process of moving from a privately owned company to a public company is not as easy as you might think. You don't just sell shares, its a long process, and by the time thats finalized and they finally sell shares it will be too late. There's also a reason the Packers are the only publically funded team in the league. Its not allowed anymore. I'm fairly certain of that. Certain rules are allowed to be broken if that team was grandfathered in before the rule was made.

  9. #19
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Webby wrote:
    They are introducing a bill to abolish the MSFC and sell the dome to the Vikings for $1 too.
    A similar bill has been introduced before. I don't see the Vikings going for it. It would certainly fix the lease argument they currently have, but it would also remove the state from any responsibility of building a new stadium, which would be a mistake.
    Didn't Uffdavikes mention that awhile back?

    And whatever happened to that guy?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #20
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,369

    Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Minniman wrote:
    More lottery and gambling? That is just what we need. :S

    The State of Minnesota should sell shares in the stadium like the Packers sell shares to the team. Then we'll see how many Vikings fans put their money where their mouths are. The NFL does not allow fan ownership of a team other than the Packers, but they cannot say a thing about the stadium.

    By the way, the $1.15 billion Cowboys stadium had only $325 million in public funds. Why must the Vikings stadium have so much more? Also, the NFL pitched in $150 million. Will the Vikings stadium get that as well?
    The process of moving from a privately owned company to a public company is not as easy as you might think. You don't just sell shares, its a long process, and by the time thats finalized and they finally sell shares it will be too late. There's also a reason the Packers are the only publically funded team in the league. Its not allowed anymore. I'm fairly certain of that. Certain rules are allowed to be broken if that team was grandfathered in before the rule was made.
    I am aware that the NFL rules do not allow public ownership of the team, but I am talking about shares in the stadium itself. That would allow all of the out-state Vikings fans who say just do it no matter the cost to contribute their $500.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pawlenty will not seek third re-election
    By nephilimstorm in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 09:37 AM
  2. Jeff Garcia Hints At Holdout - Could Consider Retirement
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 05:34 AM
  3. Help me with a solution...
    By nephilimstorm in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 09:47 PM
  4. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. The Solution
    By The Gap in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •