Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/83473677.html

Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

By MIKE KASZUBA and RACHEL E. STASSEN-BERGER, Star Tribune staff writers
    Last update: February 4, 2010 - 6:27 AM

Gov. Tim Pawlenty inched closer Wednesday to becoming a pivotal player in the Minnesota Vikings stadium debate, suggesting that state lottery money and other means could help publicly finance the controversial project.

Pawlenty, whose office has taken a more active role in exploring funding options, said in a radio interview that the state could use proceeds from a new state lottery game to generate an estimated $12 million annually for a stadium.

While Pawlenty said he was not specifically proposing such a funding plan, he said lottery funds could be part of a public subsidy package that would generate the $29 million to $42 million annually that team officials say would be needed for a stadium.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Pawlenty hints at stadium solution

The lottery and a tax on prostitution.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I just hope its not too little too late. They'd have to finalize, pass and implement that idea. That doesn't happen overnight. We've got another two years left on the lease, hopefully they can figure it out in time to actually leave some ttime to build a stadium

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Favre should pay for it after that poor decision. Peterson should chip in. Bienemy should help too.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Favre should pay for it after that poor decision. Peterson should chip in. Bienemy should help too.

I second that

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Finally something positive from an elected official from the Land of 10,000 lakes.....Thanks for the read my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I sent a letter to my state rep and got a response that was nothing but typical political double talk. Over a thousand words to say absolutely nothing. When the Vikings pack up and move, maybe they can take the politicians with them...

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Mike Bullock wrote:
    I sent a letter to my state rep and got a response that was nothing but typical political double talk. Over a thousand words to say absolutely nothing. When the Vikings pack up and move, maybe they can take the politicians with them...
    It seems like Minnesota and California have some of the most interesting politicians. Maybe we can import a couple ex-governors from my state of Illinois, and really make it a party!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

More lottery and gambling? That is just what we need. :S

The State of Minnesota should sell shares in the stadium like the Packers sell shares to the team. Then we'll see how many Vikings fans put their money where their mouths are. The NFL does not allow fan ownership of a team other than the Packers, but they cannot say a thing about the stadium.

By the way, the $1.15 billion Cowboys stadium had only $325 million in public funds. Why must the Vikings stadium have so much more? Also, the NFL pitched in $150 million. Will the Vikings stadium get that as well?

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Trenches Talk: Favre or Not, Vikings Have Future Plans

The Vikings moved a step closer to moving to Los Angeles on Wednesday, when Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said Wednesday he was not going to include any money for a new stadium in his state budget, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. 

Pawlenty floated the idea of a new state lottery last week to help fund the proposed $870 million stadium, though. Team officials have floated proposals to use a hospitality tax and federal stimulus money, too.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast