Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I actually have no problem with Spielman. I am incredibly happy that we have one person in charge finally. IMHO the job he has done to this point was OK - not good, not bad. I believe that a lot of that had to do with the power structure that was in place - it was set up not to fail rather than succeed. And in a way it did that, there were no major blunders, and only one truly successful season.

Now that Spielman has the reigns, he is free to either succeed or fail. I am optimistic, so I expect him to succeed until he proves me otherwise.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I actually have no problem with Spielman. I am incredibly happy that we have one person in charge finally. IMHO the job he has done to this point was OK - not good, not bad. I believe that a lot of that had to do with the power structure that was in place - it was set up not to fail rather than succeed. And in a way it did that, there were no major blunders, and only one truly successful season.

Now that Spielman has the reigns, he is free to either succeed or fail. I am optimistic, so I expect him to succeed until he proves me otherwise.
    I am lukewarm to the idea of Spielman. Yes, he failed a couple of times, but who among us has not failed, only to learn from those failures.

I am very happy that we have someone in charge. At least know we know who is responsible for some decisions that get made, and one voice for the franchise.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Does Spielman have any say over the coaching staff, or is this a promotion in title only?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Does Spielman have any say over the coaching staff, or is this a promotion in title only?
    I think he's been promoted to Chief Scapegoat, but I don't know that his authority has changed all that much. More say on player personnel, but not on coaches was what I read. Frazier remains in charge of who's on his staff and the team's identity and the Wilf's are still ultimately in charge whenever they want to be.

It appears to me that Frazier has as much power as Spielman and they both answer to the Wilf's.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    The best part of promoting Spielman to GM is that when he's fired, Wilf will hire a replacement GM to take his place rather than hiring a Vice President of Player Personnel.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12