Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Paul Allen defending Spielman

I recently was listening to the vikings podcast, and one particular thing I heard caught me a little off guard.

When asked about how he felt about Rick's promotion to general manager, he answewred...

Paul Allen: "I'm very happy, I've known Rick rather intimately the last several years. And he started in 07. You know, working in the radio business and dealing with public opinion daily, I can understand those who said why would you promote from a 3-13 season. I can hear that. But unless your within these walls and you know how it worked under Childress and you know how it worked last year."

Obviously Speilman has a lot more say this upcoming year and I'm confident he'll get it going very soon.

1/10 - Paul Allen Talks Offseason
    None

I do think Caine is money on his comments on the structure of ownership. Its horrible.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I used to enjoy listening to PS and Dubay. And after Dubay got axed it was still fine, but it seems in the last year PA has really gone off the deep end with his takes and even in his radio interviews. There were times when he was interviewing guys like Erin Henderson and others where it just got weird.

And he has become such a blatant Vikings homer that his views are really not worth even listening to any more. I understand he is on the Vikings payroll but you have to be at least a slight bit objective if you want to have any credibility at all and he has cashed in any he might have had.

I live in San Jose, its nice to hear it from Minny fans in Minny. Thanks for the input I'll definitely think twice about things I read from PA.
    None

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    I agree with him. Spielman gets a bad reputation but people ignore the circumstances surrounding him. Even in Miami he was the GM for one season and you cannot judge success based off of one year.

As a Viking he has never had final say in personnel. Childress ran the show until he got canned and then Frazier thought the team as is was a contender even though Spielman wanted to blow it up.

Blog Entries
    So Frazier THOUGHT was a contender but it was a 3-13 team instead yet we still have Frazier as a HC even though he was so incredibly wrong? Brilliant.

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    I like and completely respect PA's takes. Don't let PurpleFloyd sour your apples, he's a bit off his rocker anyway. =P
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Floyd is off his rocker because he thinks Spielman is the worst GM in the NFL? LOL. You guys are off your rockers if you think any different. How many teams does this guy have to run into the ground before we figure out that he isn't qualified to be a GM?

As for Paul Allen: He talks with these front office guys and coaches, and thinks he is part of the gang. They are nice to him, so he thinks they are friends. He will defend them no matter what because he thinks they are buddy buddy with him. What an idiot. You aren't a member of the Vikings, Paul. You are a disc jockey with connections because your station pays the Vikings staff to talk to you.
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 01-12-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    I like and completely respect PA's takes. Don't let PurpleFloyd sour your apples, he's a bit off his rocker anyway. =P
    LMAO.

I agree PA is off his rocker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Floyd is off his rocker because he thinks Spielman is the worst GM in the NFL? LOL. You guys are off your rockers if you think any different. How many teams does this guy have to run into the ground before we figure out that he isn't qualified to be a GM?

As for Paul Allen: He talks with these front office guys and coaches, and thinks he is part of the gang. They are nice to him, so he thinks they are friends. He will defend them no matter what because he thinks they are buddy buddy with him. What an idiot. You aren't a member of the Vikings, Paul. You are a disc jockey with connections because your station pays the Vikings staff to talk to you.
    I don't think he is the worst GM in the league. He has not been there long enough to prove anything one way or the other. I just think the owner is making too many decisions without properly vetting them and that goes all the way from the first HC to Foley to Spielman, through Frazier and now to this promotion.

You will rarely pick the best candidate available if you only interview one person and hire them without taking a look at all of the alternatives available. If that view means i am off my rocker then so be it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast