Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Allen

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Paul Allen

Yeah he's a homer...nothing wrong with that. Perfect for the local market. I love his energy and the excitement he brings to the game. Love when he says "and Adrian is loose!" (Want to hear more of that this year.)

Bob Papa is a local guy who does the Giants games. He does a great job, and he had no problem doing 8 games for the NFLN this season. I have no doubt PA could do a great job if given the opportunity.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

VikingMike wrote:
    Yeah he's a homer...nothing wrong with that. Perfect for the local market. I love his energy and the excitement he brings to the game. Love when he says "and Adrian is loose!" (Want to hear more of that this year.)

Bob Papa is a local guy who does the Giants games. He does a great job, and he had no problem doing 8 games for the NFLN this season. I have no doubt PA could do a great job if given the opportunity.
    PA was the announcer for Vikes games for Sirius....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

ThorSPL wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

PA was the announcer for Vikes games for Sirius....
    The sirius feed is from KFAN.

And if you guys think PA is a homer, try listening to Bob Lamey for the Colts. No announcer turns quicker on the home team when they arent playing well than he does.

IMO, PA is the best in the business. His enthusiasm is unmatched.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Overall, Paul Allen does a good job, but he sometimes misses a lot of what is happening on the field.

I did like Dan Rowe, but Rowe and Senser were sometimes too critical of the team, and Red McCombs wanted them replaced.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zeus wrote:
    A friend of mine who lives in St. Louis was listening to a Vikings game on Sirius earlier this year. His comment to me was about how awful PA was. If I were not a Viking fan, I would probably agree. He's a homer. And that's fine for our fans and our market.

=Z=
    OK, that shocked me.

Anyone ever hear Charlie Steiner do a baseball game on the radio.

I was up at the huntclub a few years back when he did the Yanks/Twins series and was forced to listen to it on the radio.

Hell of a job.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Formo is offline Team Alumni

To the people that call PA a 'homer'.. Define 'homer' for me.

Just because he is entheusiastic about the BRETT FAVREs and gets excited does NOT mean he's a homer.. No matter how much a fan from another team says so.

PA is the best in the business. People can't handle the excitement he brings to his play-by-play, they can suck PA's dills.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

How can anyone not like him? My best friend is a Packer fan and he says PA is the best in the business.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Formo wrote:

Just because he is entheusiastic about the BRETT FAVREs and gets excited does NOT mean he's a homer.. No matter how much a fan from another team says so.

PA is the best in the business. People can't handle the excitement he brings to his play-by-play, they can suck PA's dills.
    PA: YES!! It's Greg Lewis!!
    PA: NOOo!!!! THE CARDINALS HAVE KNOCKED THE VIKINGS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS.

but you're right, not a homer.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Formo wrote:

LOL! Hey, dude - have you listened to the other 31 play-by-play guys in the NFL so you have something upon which to base this "best in the business" comment?

Doubtful.

PA is a homer, for sure. That's *not* a bad thing, for the home-town broadcast network.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    Formo wrote:

LOL! Hey, dude - have you listened to the other 31 play-by-play guys in the NFL so you have something upon which to base this "best in the business" comment?

Doubtful.

PA is a homer, for sure. That's *not* a bad thing, for the home-town broadcast network.

=Z=
    You just think you are better than PA. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast