Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    What I have noticed about the Broncos is how sophisticated their offense is with a ton of options on any given play. They have playmakers all over the place, but it is all about Peyton and his ability to digest the defense and adjust accordingly. He doesn't throw that great of a ball, but he always seems to be throwing to wide open receivers...I give credit to Peyton more than the receivers in this case. During any given play, there will almost always be someone open, but there are very few QB's that can anticipate and deliver on time to the right guy.

Seattle on the other hand plays a very simple mano a mano defense with very athletic/physical players. They don't try to fool you with deception, they just play physical and beat the guy across from them. This may be a problem for Peyton....or it may be real easy for him. Don't know but I'm expecting a good game.

For Denver defensively, it's all about stopping Marshawn. Tough task for sure, especially in the playoffs. Another RB gets front billing in today's pass happy league. Warms my heart. Also, another case study that shows how irrelevant blocking and catching are when your that good at running.

I like Denver to win it, especially if they can put up 25+ points. But Peyton will need to have his A game on or it could get ugly.
    I do expect Payton to do his job. NO ONE better at it.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Patterson vs Harvin

Rather have Patterson , Harvin gets hurt to often
    None

digest the d?

Seahawks are not going to try and hide their D nothing to digest . Going to be straight up right at Denver.
    Seahawks win!
    None

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    Seahawks are not going to try and hide their D nothing to digest . Going to be straight up right at Denver.
    Seahawks win!
    How much the refs allow the defensive backs of Seattle to put their hands on the receivers will be huge in this game.
    If they allow Seattle to mug the receivers, Seattle has a very good chance to win.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    How much the refs allow the defensive backs of Seattle to put their hands on the receivers will be huge in this game.
    If they allow Seattle to mug the receivers, Seattle has a very good chance to win.
    Do the refs meet with the teams before the SuperBowl and give them expectations on how they are going to call the game? It's one thing to call the game differently then the regular season, but it's another to not know how they plan on calling it until your well into the game.

If they let both the DB's and the WR's be physical, then it can offset loose officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Do the refs meet with the teams before the SuperBowl and give them expectations on how they are going to call the game? It's one thing to call the game differently then the regular season, but it's another to not know how they plan on calling it until your well into the game.

If they let both the DB's and the WR's be physical, then it can offset loose officiating.
    Do you think the Refs have a greater tendency to not make calls in the big games?
    If so, that would seem to favor the more physical team to a certain extent.

The rules don't allow much physical contact beyond five yards for pass defenders. If they 'let them play' it should take away some of the advantage the offense has under the rules.
    There will always be defenders holding or arriving a split second early. And there will always be receivers pushing off. The question will be whether the refs are going to call any of that sort of thing a penalty.
    Last edited by smegmavike; 01-30-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I'm not at all unhappy with the trade. Once Harvin started whining, I wanted him gone. Getting Patterson was icing on that cake.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'm not at all unhappy with the trade. Once Harvin started whining, I wanted him gone. Getting Patterson was icing on that cake.

Caine
    I wonder what people will say when Patterson wants more money?

Probably what they said when AD wanted more money. "Pay the man"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Do you think the Refs have a greater tendency to not make calls in the big games?

The rules don't allow much physical contact beyond five yards for pass defenders. If they 'let them play' it should take away some of the advantage the offense has under the rules.
    There will always be defenders holding or arriving a split second early. And there will always be receivers pushing off. The question will be whether the refs are going to call any of that sort of thing a penalty.
    This topic received a lot discussion on ESPN and NFLN yesterday. They put up a graphic that shows a lot less penalties are called in the superbowl than the regular season.
    That would seem to favor Seattle.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

This topic received a lot discussion on ESPN and NFLN yesterday. They put up a graphic that shows a lot less penalties are called in the superbowl than the regular season.
    That would seem to favor Seattle.
    Sherman will definitely test it to its full extent. I rewatched the NFC title game and he constantly mauls the receivers and is always hanging on them. He's real good at it, I mean that with respect, but if the refs were to call it by the rules he loses a lot of what makes him effective. Denver will have to play physical as well to counter the effects.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234