Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I thought we signed Jennings to replace Harvin. We didn't even draft Patterson with our 1st round pick or the 1st round pick we got in the trade. We drafted Xavier Rhodes with that pick.

    Had we kept Harvin, we very well could have had both Harvin & Patterson.
    And what good would that be with Harvin sitting on the bench for half or more of the season? No, I'm glad that Harvin left. He would be a very expensive bench warmer otherwise.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  2. #22
    Vikefan05's Avatar
    Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    337
    I agree. Harvin was starting to be a very expensive headache. Not good for the team moral. I chuckle when think about the (parts of) two games the Seachickens got out of him this year.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

  3. #23
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikefan05 View Post
    I agree. Harvin was starting to be a very expensive headache. Not good for the team moral. I chuckle when think about the (parts of) two games the Seachickens got out of him this year.
    even so.... He wasn't wrong about the QB... lol.. but yeah, i'm glad he's gone!

  4. #24
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    594
    Harvin is one of those rare players who will NOT play if he is not 100%...mainly because I think he knows he bruises easily. He has a limited shelf-life, because he is always one hit away from being a commentator.

    I expected him to be injured a lot this year, and he did not disappoint. Every year he gets through with people not using the word "bust" to describe him is another multi-million dollar payday for him. He is smart, in my opinion. If YOU knew that you break easy, would you EVER play injured in the slightest?

    This was the main reason I celebrated his departure; not because he wasn't talented, but instead because at some point, a team is going to be caught holding the hot potato, and it isn't US!
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

    ~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

  5. #25
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    While I hope Denver wins the SB mainly because I hate the Seahawks go after every Viking player or coach, and I can't stand that cocky punk ass Richard Sherman, two guys that definitely don't deserve a ring if the Seahawks do win are Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice. Talk about two overrated and fragile players. Neither one did a damn thing for that team all year, but both will have their hands out waiting for a ring if they do win. I can't stand players like that.

  6. #26
    Vikefan05's Avatar
    Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    even so.... He wasn't wrong about the QB... lol.. but yeah, i'm glad he's gone!
    Good point!!
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

  7. #27
    rockymtdan's Avatar
    rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Penrose Co 81240
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    While I hope Denver wins the SB mainly because I hate the Seahawks go after every Viking player or coach, and I can't stand that cocky punk ass Richard Sherman, two guys that definitely don't deserve a ring if the Seahawks do win are Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice. Talk about two overrated and fragile players. Neither one did a damn thing for that team all year, but both will have their hands out waiting for a ring if they do win. I can't stand players like that.
    It would suck to see the Seacocks win but I believe it will not happen.
    Punters get rings too, as would Pussy Harven with his combined 8 snaps or whatever it was this year. I will be sick if he makes the play that gives Seattle the win , but that is the kind of player he is.
    Go Broncos!!!!
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

  8. #28
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    It would suck to see the Seacocks win but I believe it will not happen.
    Punters get rings too, as would Pussy Harven with his combined 8 snaps or whatever it was this year. I will be sick if he makes the play that gives Seattle the win , but that is the kind of player he is.
    Go Broncos!!!!
    It is truly a "new" offense versus a "new defense". BIG time passing attack coupled with play action passes, screens and runs based on the defensive set up, versus big CBs challenging the line of scrimmage and a beefy front side that attacks the QB constantly.

    Which will win out? Personally, I think the defense usually has the egde, ESPECIALLY in Seattle and/or against QBs that are side-line dependent. Well, they are not in Seattle, and Manning isn't dependent on someone on the side-lines or in the booth giving him the upper hand.

    Seattle USUALLY starts slow, but then, so does Manning and the Broncos; but if the Seattle defense isn't slick from the start, I don't think there is any way in HELL Wilson and co can make up 2-3 TDs. Many think that this is going to be a war, and I agree with them; but if it turns into a rout, Seattle might get brow-beat. I just don't see the Seattle offense (this year!!) blowing the Broncos out. They are not built to play that sort of game. They get ahead by 10 or so points and rely on their defense to take advantages of the opposing offense's mistakes.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

    ~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

  9. #29
    rockymtdan's Avatar
    rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Penrose Co 81240
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    It is truly a "new" offense versus a "new defense". BIG time passing attack coupled with play action passes, screens and runs based on the defensive set up, versus big CBs challenging the line of scrimmage and a beefy front side that attacks the QB constantly.

    Which will win out? Personally, I think the defense usually has the egde, ESPECIALLY in Seattle and/or against QBs that are side-line dependent. Well, they are not in Seattle, and Manning isn't dependent on someone on the side-lines or in the booth giving him the upper hand.

    Seattle USUALLY starts slow, but then, so does Manning and the Broncos; but if the Seattle defense isn't slick from the start, I don't think there is any way in HELL Wilson and co can make up 2-3 TDs. Many think that this is going to be a war, and I agree with them; but if it turns into a rout, Seattle might get brow-beat. I just don't see the Seattle offense (this year!!) blowing the Broncos out. They are not built to play that sort of game. They get ahead by 10 or so points and rely on their defense to take advantages of the opposing offense's mistakes.
    What I have seen from the Broncos offense is never the conservative shit we have watched over and over with the Vikings when it comes to closing out a game. Manning will throw on any down with a lead in the last 4 min. He knows too much by that time in the game for the opponent to stop it.
    I think Russel will not keep pace with Payton in this one.
    Manning will beat the Seacraps D.
    Last edited by rockymtdan; 01-28-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

  10. #30
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    What I have seen from the Broncos offense is never the conservative shit we have watched over and over with the Vikings when it comes to closing out a game. Manning will throw on any down with a lead in the last 4 min. He knows too much by that time in the game for the opponent to stop it.
    I think Russel will not keep pace with Payton in this one.
    Manning will beat the Seacraps D.
    What I have noticed about the Broncos is how sophisticated their offense is with a ton of options on any given play. They have playmakers all over the place, but it is all about Peyton and his ability to digest the defense and adjust accordingly. He doesn't throw that great of a ball, but he always seems to be throwing to wide open receivers...I give credit to Peyton more than the receivers in this case. During any given play, there will almost always be someone open, but there are very few QB's that can anticipate and deliver on time to the right guy.

    Seattle on the other hand plays a very simple mano a mano defense with very athletic/physical players. They don't try to fool you with deception, they just play physical and beat the guy across from them. This may be a problem for Peyton....or it may be real easy for him. Don't know but I'm expecting a good game.

    For Denver defensively, it's all about stopping Marshawn. Tough task for sure, especially in the playoffs. Another RB gets front billing in today's pass happy league. Warms my heart. Also, another case study that shows how irrelevant blocking and catching are when your that good at running.

    I like Denver to win it, especially if they can put up 25+ points. But Peyton will need to have his A game on or it could get ugly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •