Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    It's easy, Patterson is on the field producing and Harvin is not and hasn't ever been consistently.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    It's easy, Patterson is on the field producing and Harvin is not and hasn't ever been consistently.
    Held true again yesterday. Dude (Harvin) is a difference maker, but, he just can't stay on the field. Enjoy him Seabags fans, I'd rather have Flashy.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Dude (Harvin) is a difference maker, but, he just can't stay on the field.
    glassman!!!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    glassman!!!
    Ole "one game" joined "one season" in Seattle and ironically they both have a chance at a ring. Percy will not have a long NFL career. Just like RG III, he's a small framed guy who takes a beating. Neither will last unless they change their playing style.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Lets hope Patterson is more durable than the made of glass Harvin. Once again he is out with a concussion for the Sea Hawks. Harvin is a great player when he is able to play but he has missed a lot of games in his career due to health and injuries.

WWBGD

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Ole "one game" joined "one season" in Seattle and ironically they both have a chance at a ring. Percy will not have a long NFL career. Just like RG III, he's a small framed guy who takes a beating. Neither will last unless they change their playing style.
    yes, that's the sad part, he has a chance for a ring despite playing in 2 games, not full games, but games.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Patterson brings everything to this team that Harvin did except he stays on the field and is not a drama queen. This is a very easy decision, CP all the way.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    There is something to be said for someone that tries to avoid contact. Patterson tries to run by players partially because he has enough speed to get by them. It makes it difficult for someone to get a good hit on him. Harvin tries to run through people, he isn't quite as elusive and as Patterson.

As far as the WRs being RBs, I don't want Patterson to have to run the ball. I want to have a QB that can get him the ball and have him prove he can be a WR that can produce game in and game out. Harvin has proven that when he has been on the field.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    There is something to be said for someone that tries to avoid contact. Patterson tries to run by players partially because he has enough speed to get by them. It makes it difficult for someone to get a good hit on him. Harvin tries to run through people, he isn't quite as elusive and as Patterson.

As far as the WRs being RBs, I don't want Patterson to have to run the ball. I want to have a QB that can get him the ball and have him prove he can be a WR that can produce game in and game out. Harvin has proven that when he has been on the field.
    That's a valid point, except both of the incidents where Harvin got knocked around was in the process of making a catch.

Anyways, Harvin does put alot of stress on his small frame, just like Antoine Winfield and Bob Sanders used to do. It makes for exciting football and gains alot of respect from us watching, but they are more injury prone because of it.

Cordarelle Pattereson runs over people too. He's similar to Adrian Peterson in that he mixes it up all the time (although Peterson's style is much more punishing, but it comes with being a running back).
    One thing I have noticed this season is how Patterson positions himself. He just seems to have natural instincts in how to position his body to avoid injuries. He also has the perfect build for playing receiver.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I thought we signed Jennings to replace Harvin. We didn't even draft Patterson with our 1st round pick or the 1st round pick we got in the trade. We drafted Xavier Rhodes with that pick.

Had we kept Harvin, we very well could have had both Harvin & Patterson.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast