Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Patterson Has 'Bust' Written All over Him

Why Minnesota Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson Has 'Bust' Written All over Him

Toward the end of the year, they [Tennessee] started to go away from running Patterson down the field on routes and gave him the ball on reverses and screens, even as a halfback at times. That starts to put a question mark in your head. Why?

Well, there's reasons, and it's just not being as proficient with his route-running and not having the ability to make adjustments during the game.

Why Minnesota Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson Has 'Bust' Written All over Him | Bleacher Report

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Of all the picks in the first round he seems to have the greatest risk/reward gap. It is tough to draft a high caliber WR in the first round or for that matter any round anyways so I am not going to place too much hope to him and see how it goes. WR is always a crap shoot.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    First six games:
    23 catches, 315 yards - 11 rushes
    Last six games:
    23 catches, 463 yards - 14 rushes

hmm... seems like this person may be talking out of his backside.

Cordarrelle Patterson Game By Game Stats and Performance - ESPN

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    First six games:
    23 catches, 315 yards - 11 rushes
    Last six games:
    23 catches, 463 yards - 14 rushes

hmm... seems like this person may be talking out of his backside.

Cordarrelle Patterson Game By Game Stats and Performance - ESPN
    Of course he's talking out his ass...he's a Bleacher Report toadie. Those morons couldn't find a fact if you lit it on fire and shoved it up their asses...

Caine

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I heard in practice he was doing quite well ... crisp breaks in his routes etc. ... learning the play book quicker than expected ... too early to tell much.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Of course he's talking out his ass...he's a Bleacher Report toadie. Those morons couldn't find a fact if you lit it on fire and shoved it up their asses...

Caine
    LOL!! My thoughts exactly...another poorly written stretch of the imagination based on nothing.

Those stats seem to make it pretty clear that he was active in every game, and dominated some at WR and some from RB and the first one from both positions going for 93 yds and a TD receiving AND 72 yds and a TD rushing! In other words, looks like he did whatever he was asked to do, probaby based on match-ups.

The key here is does he want to do the work, cuz thats what will most likely determine his level of success. Sounds to me like the Vikes liked what he had to say...

"Hearing him talk about some of the things he had gone through to get to where he is now, you get a feel that this guy has a purpose," Frazier said. "He understands what's important. Just hearing the story kind of convinced me he would be a good fit for us."
    Vikings' mission: Molding Cordarrelle Patterson into a star - TwinCities.com
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Talk is cheap. He better be ready to work his azz off to make up for his lack of skill. It will take more than a few 2 hour study sessions to get NFL ready

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

CPatt's contribution early in the year may be from Special Teams and Bubble Screens. At least thats mostly what I expect see. I expect he will flash and disappoint, as most rookies do. He has all the ability in the world, hopefully he works hard enough to realize it in the NFL.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Bleacher Report isn't even worthy of copy and past here......the site and it's writers suck big time....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Look, I went into work Friday, and all i heard was how the vikings got "raped" by NE. This coming from all the d-bag bella/brady fanboys. Um, look, I said, the Vikes addressed three needs with THREE 1st round picks. Pretty sure they improved at least a little. Then ya know what I heard in response? "Count the rings! Count the rings bitch!" Count the rings! Um, Ok. I punched another Sgt in his mouth for callin me a bitch, then had to explain to TOP why I did it. He told us both to get the fuck out of his office. Why are people so stupid? By ALL accounts, the Vikes had a great draft. You just can't tell any fanboy/bella/brady cockgobbler, or a Rodgers salad-tosser any different. Maybe Patterson sucks eggs. Maybe he is a success. I even had an E-7 bet me 100 bucks the Vikes miss the play-offs. He instigated the bet, which I gladly accepted. Why all the hate? Damn. Pretty sure Detroit's pick and Miami's pick have bust written all over em. Lets re-examine this debate at the end of the year.....
    Tuco the world.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast