Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Patrick Reusse: Jackson is Vikings’ best hope

[size=12pt]He's still a work in progress, but Tarvaris certainly has as much potential as ballyhooed Broncos QB Jay Cutler.[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12950606.html
    Mike Shanahan has been coaching the Denver Broncos for 13 seasons. He brought the franchise its two Super Bowl championships.

The last of those came in 1998. The Broncos have been in the playoffs four times in the nine seasons since then, and they have won a single playoff game.

It doesn't seem to matter. Shanahan still is treated as an imperial presence. He gets cushy treatment in the media, and the public accepts his football pronouncements as though handed down on tablets.

That means, when Shanahan offers a glossy view of second-year quarterback Jay Cutler, people choose to believe him rather than what they saw in 2007 with their lyin' eyes.

"Overall for him to play the way he did was certainly a credit to him," Shanahan said after Sunday's 22-19 overtime victory over the Vikings. "I think we have one heck of a quarterback for the future. I think that was evident in the way he played this year."

Hold on there, pilgrim.

Why is it that Shanahan can get away with advertising his second-year quarterback as a cinch to be a star after he showed many flaws in a 7-9 season, and when Brad Childress gets around to announcing that he's going to stick with his second-year quarterback (8-4 as a 2007 starter), VikesWorld is going to flip out...?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Re: Patrick Reusse: Jackson is Vikings’ best hope

In this article Reusse really hits the nail on the head. Jackson will be the starting QB next year when Childress has his end-of-the-football-season press conference on Thursday.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

That was simply the best article I've read all year ;D. with quotes like-
    "That was a determined, talented football player who led the Vikings on those two touchdown drives in Sunday's final eight minutes. We had seen him do well previously at desperation time."

I really like Tarvaris and it borders on treason when he gets bashed. We all knew going into this season that we'd have some growing pains and it wasn't going to be pretty sometimes, but Tarvaris has taken his lumps and has grown. You want a fighter in there and we have one in number 7. ~Skol T-Jack in 08. Thanks for the post Cojomay.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think he is our best shot. I am not sure that is a good thing but at this point there isn't a better long term solution

[size=14pt]The Minnesota Vikings' quarterback of the present and quarterback of the future are the same guy. . .and he's already here.[/size]
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2007/12/31/221113/32
    Yes, folks, I believe that Tarvaris Jackson has earned the right to be the starting quarterback for this football team next year, beyond the shadow of a doubt.
    What #7 showed me in the last eight minutes of the game on Sunday afternoon is that he has what it takes to be a starting-caliber NFL quarterback.
    When it looked like the rest of the team had rolled over and quit, Jackson brought them back.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

That was a very good read my friend thanks.

Seems alot of those points were made on here but here is one I haven't thought of or heard that is quiet interesting......

Part of me wants Winfield to continue the role he's played for us since he's been here. . .and part of me wants him to put on about 15 pounds so we can move him back to safety, where I think he'd be outstanding.
    But it's obvious that we're a much better team with him in the lineup than without.
    Keep Gordon, Griff, McCauley at CB, add another Vet CB and move Winny back to S.
    Man that would be one heck of a backfield.

Then throw in a RDE that can pressure the QB consistently and you have something to be reckoned with my friends.

I like it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Charlie Walters writes this about the draft Marr:
    The Vikings, who have the No. 17 overall pick in April's NFL draft, are expected to consider defensive end Derrick Harvey of Florida. There is virtually no chance they'll draft a quarterback in the first three rounds.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Charlie Walters writes this about the draft Marr:
    The Vikings, who have the No. 17 overall pick in April's NFL draft, are expected to consider defensive end Derrick Harvey of Florida. There is virtually no chance they'll draft a quarterback in the first three rounds.
    I agree with him but I do anticipate them going out and drafted another QB in the later rounds.
    Good football sense to keep addressing the QB position for both the near and far terms.

I wonder if they will go after a DE that early.
    Guess it all comes down to what Spielmen will think about the perception of us and DE's in the first round.

I for one think he ran an excellent draft last year.
    At least he didn't get fired like his predecessor.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

Seems alot of those points were made on here but here is one I haven't thought of or heard that is quiet interesting......

Part of me wants Winfield to continue the role he's played for us since he's been here. . .and part of me wants him to put on about 15 pounds so we can move him back to safety, where I think he'd be outstanding.
    But it's obvious that we're a much better team with him in the lineup than without.
    Keep Gordon, Griff, McCauley at CB, add another Vet CB and move Winny back to S.

Then throw in a RDE that can pressure the QB consistently and you have something to be reckoned with my friends.

I like it.

;D
    I think Winfield will be a corner for another season or two, but I have to agree with you Marrdro that he'd be one heck of a safety. He's got good wheels and nobody tackle's better. Also with a double digit sack monster at RDE we'd be something special. It's offseason now and I already can't wait to see what kinda moves our personnel team has in mind.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

I like it.

;D
    Interesting but I think I still want to see what Winfield , another vet CB (Asante Samuel), Cedric Griffin, Dwight Smith, and Sharper could do. That would be a feared secondary especially if we add a stud DE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast