Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Pat Williams will move on in 2008, according to agent

Good point.
    I hope if Daunte ends up failing in the NFL, that he never goes into the agent market.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I have always despised Pat's agent.
    He loves to hear himself talk.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Don't want to see it happen but I also don't want the Vikings to sign him for a long term contract because of his age and weight issues, as other have mentioned. He sure made a great impact for us in the couple years he was here though. It was fun watching the Williams brothers clog the middle while it lasted.

Thanks Josdin

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    Don't want to see it happen but I also don't want the Vikings to sign him for a long term contract because of his age and weight issues, as other have mentioned. He sure made a great impact for us in the couple years he was here though. It was fun watching the Williams brothers clog the middle while it lasted.
    Well don't get too down... we still have one more season to enjoy!

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    so your saying let him go if he dont get a long term? would if our pass defense dont get better? then if we release phat pat we have no rush D, well dominate rush D.

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    so your saying let him go if he dont get a long term? would if our pass defense dont get better? then if we release phat pat we have no rush D, well dominate rush D.
    If the choice is either to let him go after this coming season or sign him long term, I'd go with letting him go. Yes I know he's a dominant force for us on the d-line but who knows how long he'll be able to keep up this production. His position is difficult enough but if you add weight issues it really could begin to stop him from playing as well as he has for us these last two seasons.

Thanks Josdin

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    Well don't get too down... we still have one more season to enjoy!
    Yah and hopefully we'll win the SB this year to send him off if we can't settle upon something that will be good for both the Vikings and Phat

Thanks Josdin

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

when your dealing in a contract before it ends you have to create leverage that will make the other side negotiate. i'm sure the agent it just trying to create more leverage to get a better deal for his client (meaning more money for him).

i would be really suprised if we just let PhatPat go at the end of his contract, but don't be suprised if it's a last minute Rob knows what he's doing deal.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

It seems everybody thinks Pat is too old and fat to sign to a long term deal.
    I strongly disagree with that sentiment.

The guy is in his prime.
    He's an undrafted free agent that has gotten better every year he's played and hasn't had injury problems.
    Plus, these big guys can play forever because they can keep their strength up in the weight room, while speed guys lose a step and disappear.
    So I think he'll be good for another four years, even if he's not a pro bowl caliber player at the end of that time.

And what does he want?
    Probably about $6-7 million/year, probably with about $10-12 million guarenteed.
    This is not a deal that would cripple this franchise for the future.
    The team was about $20 million dollars under the salary cap a month ago.
    If you want to protect your future salary cap numbers, give the guy a chunk of his signing bonus as a roster bonus.
    Now you're staring at about $5 million/year salary cap hit after this year.

Guess what Pat was saying when he left Buffalo?
    That the team was going down the tubes because they wouldn't resign their good players.
    He was right.
    It would be a big mistake for the Vikings to let that happen here.
    This guy is a stud.
    At the very least we can franchise the guy next year, but I'd rather lock him up for four more years.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Hey guys I dont know how everyone feels, but in my personal opinion Pat Williams is a must resign and we as the fans have a responsibility to make this heard. I dont have the link to send questions or concerns on vikings.com but if someone could post that i would encourage everyone to send something encouraging...hell begging for the vikes to give pat wut he deserves. skol vikes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast