Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    Sign him up, but help him cut his weight a little bit.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    960

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    I really hope we go ahead and keep him on for the rest of his career. Despite a dismal season i wont forget the arm bar he gave to that Jets running back in the dome this year, it was my frist game after coming back from basic training and ait and that was one of the highlights of that game.

  3. #23
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    I really hope we go ahead and keep him on for the rest of his career. Despite a dismal season i wont forget the arm bar he gave to that Jets running back in the dome this year, it was my frist game after coming back from basic training and ait and that was one of the highlights of that game.
    dismal season? going to the pro-bowl is dismal? he was the #1 reason why our defense was so great at stopping the run
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  4. #24
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    618

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    6-10 is dismal.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    165

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    Best run defense is not dismal
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

  6. #26
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    "Benficaviking" wrote:
    Best run defense is not dismal
    It is when combined with the 32nd-ranked pass defense.
    Teams like New England didn't even bother to try and run on the Vikings.
    I don't believe that's because they didn't think they couldn't run, but that they definitely believed they could pass all night long.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #27
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    6-10 is dismal.

    That is all Pat Williams fault?


    Pat was responsible for Brad Johnson's arm going to sh*t?

    He was responsible for Troy Williamson dropping passes left, right, over the top and underneath?

    He was responsible for Koren Robinson getting drunk and driving a 100 miles and hour and getting thrown in jail?

    He was responsible for poor play calling?


    Maybe you put a little to much burden on him!

    He was responsible for not getting enough pressure up the middle sometimes on passing downs but if the ends would have helped at all it might of been better if the opposing QB had to step up into the pocket he might have had a few more sacks.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  8. #28
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    I was thinking we may lock him up for 2 or 3 years but 4? I would not have expected him to want to play that long. Del Rio would probably be on here going nuts if we end up locking him for that long but I hope we get something done to keep him around.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  9. #29
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    "FuadFan" wrote:
    I was thinking we may lock him up for 2 or 3 years but 4? I would not have expected him to want to play that long. Del Rio would probably be on here going nuts if we end up locking him for that long but I hope we get something done to keep him around.

    The guaranteed money would be in the 1st 2 years of the contract, the last 2 would be just salary so if the Vikes didn't want him after 2 years it wouldn't cost them anything.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #30
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    618

    Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    6-10 is dismal.

    That is all Pat Williams fault?


    Pat was responsible for Brad Johnson's arm going to sh*t?

    He was responsible for Troy Williamson dropping passes left, right, over the top and underneath?

    He was responsible for Koren Robinson getting drunk and driving a 100 miles and hour and getting thrown in jail?

    He was responsible for poor play calling?


    Maybe you put a little to much burden on him!

    He was responsible for not getting enough pressure up the middle sometimes on passing downs but if the ends would have helped at all it might of been better if the opposing QB had to step up into the pocket he might have had a few more sacks.
    Easy buddy, like most Viking Fans I love Phat Pat.
    I was just trying to clarify to Olson10 that Winona Vike was saying despite a DISMAL SEASON, Pat's play was a highlight that made for good memories.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Years as a Viking Fan/Member of pp.o
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 08:55 PM
  2. Greatest Viking Celebrations in Recent Years
    By kspurplepride in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM
  3. This years Vikings: Shades of last years Saints?
    By baumy300 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
  4. Why I'm A Viking After All These Years
    By mnviking80 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 08:17 PM
  5. revised Viking history for the last 2 years
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 09:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •