Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Pat Williams wants to retire a Viking & 4 more years

I love Pat, like the article said, hes a great locker room presense.Hes really opened my eyes up the past couple seasons.The guy is playing as good as ever in a totally differnt system.The guy is a ideal 3-4 DT.However hes playing solid in a 4-3, cover 2.Granted hes not as fast, and is really only a used in run support.Hes a monster when it comes to that tho.I could see us taking a DT in the draft early due to Pat's stamina.Ross K. is a decent DT, but more effective in run support like Pat.If we had someone who was a reflection of Kevin Williams next to Kevin Williams, we'd be set.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Re: Childress spoke with Pat Williams about an extension

"davike" wrote:
    He is making changes....he went through his first year and tested the waters of head coaching. Now he has some experience and isn't going
    be stubborn and bone headed, he learned from his mistakes and experience and he is making changes. This should help prove that he isn't as stupidly stuborn as some make him out to be. I expect he will probably make more changes yet this season.
    I'll assume you are referring to Childress in this rant.

Why did EJHenderson sign a contract extension, mid-year, when he knew he would be playing for a bone-headed, stubborn coach?

ditto K.Williams
    ditto McKinney
    ditto Dugan

after the 2006 season;

ditto T.Williams
    ditto Wade
    ditto Shiancoe
    ditto Ciuriu
    etc.

Are you implying the above players are knuckleheads to re-sign with the Vikings, knowing they'd have to play at least one more season under a bonehead, stubborn head coach?
    ??? If so, WOW!

I'm rooting for a team of knuckleheads!

:-[

Here's a possible explanation:

stubborn = determined
    boneheaded = unable, unwilling to explain his plan to the public, to maintain secrecy, unlike Tice
    lousy first year = year one of 3+ year rebuilding for a long term competitive team

Back to the thread topic....

Are Pat Williams, Matt Birk, D.Scott, etc. boneheads to want to play for the Vikings for several more years, knowing Zygi Wilf recently said he supports his head coach, and that he (Childress) won't be fired anytime soon... ?
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    He is making changes....he went through his first year and tested the waters of head coaching. Now he has some experience and isn't going
    be stubborn and bone headed, he learned from his mistakes and experience and he is making changes. This should help prove that he isn't as stupidly stuborn as some make him out to be. I expect he will probably make more changes yet this season.
    I'll assume you are referring to Childress in this rant....
    ??? You lost me there. I didn't think that was a rant at all.
    Sounds to me like davike is saying that Childress isn't as stubborn or boneheaded as some people make him out to be.
    I agree.
    And I think that Childress will continue to learn and get better as time goes on too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    I'll assume you are referring to Childress in this rant....
    ??? You lost me there. I didn't think that was a rant at all.
    Sounds to me like davike is saying that Childress isn't as stubborn or boneheaded as some people make him out to be.
    I agree.
    And I think that Childress will continue to learn and get better as time goes on too.
    Ooops!
    I should have said this 'rant portion of your post'.

I read it as 'he was a bonehead, but he has learned in 2006, and is coming around in his way of thinking'.

Let me re-read it, carefully....

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

This part implies Davike thought Childress WAS stubborn, but learned, etc.

'....he has some experience and isn't going
    be stubborn and bone headed, he learned from his mistakes and experience and he is making changes.
    ...'

I was referring to that part in my reply...

I never thought Childress was a bonehead, or stubborn.
    I agree he made mistakes, but Davikes' choice of the adjectives 'bone-headed' and 'stubborn' is just hyperbole.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr." wrote:
    I love Pat, like the article said, hes a great locker room presense.Hes really opened my eyes up the past couple seasons.The guy is playing as good as ever in a totally differnt system.The guy is a ideal 3-4 DT.However hes playing solid in a 4-3, cover 2.Granted hes not as fast, and is really only a used in run support.Hes a monster when it comes to that tho.I could see us taking a DT in the draft early due to Pat's stamina.
    Ross K. is a decent DT, but more effective in run support like Pat.If we had someone who was a reflection of Kevin Williams next to Kevin Williams, we'd be set.

Mr. Purple I don't know if Ross Kolodziej is coming back next year I know that the coaching staff were not really thrilled with his play and he is a free agent.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I'm all for signing him to an extension, but I don't think he is and definitely won't be later on worth what we're paying him. For his money, he should be able to do more than just stop the run.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

Why did EJHenderson sign a contract extension, mid-year, when he knew he would be playing for a bone-headed, stubborn coach?

ditto K.Williams
    ditto McKinney
    ditto Dugan

after the 2006 season;

ditto T.Williams
    ditto Wade
    ditto Shiancoe
    ditto Ciuriu
    etc.

Are you implying the above players are knuckleheads to re-sign with the Vikings, knowing they'd have to play at least one more season under a bonehead, stubborn head coach?

??? If so, WOW!

stubborn = determined
    boneheaded = unable, unwilling to explain his plan to the public, to maintain secrecy, unlike Tice
    lousy first year = year one of 3+ year rebuilding for a long term competitive team

Are Pat Williams, Matt Birk, D.Scott, etc. boneheads to want to play for the Vikings for several more years, knowing Zygi Wilf recently said he supports his head coach, and that he (Childress) won't be fired anytime soon... ?
    Umm man, read posts twice over before replying. If you read my "Don't give up on Childress" thread at all then you will realize that I am not a Childress hater. I never said that he is or was boneheaded or stubborn. He is maybe stubborn but that isn't a bad thing in some situations, unless he is one of the "we are going to do it my way whether I am right or wrong" type a guy, but I think he is proving that he is not. All I was saying is that he learned and is learning and is making changes from what he learned and proving some people wrong about him. I don't know where you came up with all that..... Nodak understood what I was saying just fine.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Louisiana homeboy in da heazey!!!
    Sign up Phat Pat and lock down the middle for the next couple of years for sure!!!
    Then draft a big young DT for Pat to help groom until he retires!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"davike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

ditto K.Williams
    ditto McKinney
    ditto Dugan

after the 2006 season;

ditto T.Williams
    ditto Wade
    ditto Shiancoe
    ditto Ciuriu
    etc.

??? If so, WOW!

stubborn = determined

Umm man, read posts twice over before replying. If you read my "Don't give up on Childress" thread at all then you will realize that I am not a Childress hater. I never said that he is or was boneheaded or stubborn. He is maybe stubborn but that isn't a bad thing in some situations, unless he is one of the "we are going to do it my way whether I am right or wrong" type a guy, but I think he is proving that he is not. All I was saying is that he learned and is learning and is making changes from what he learned and proving some people wrong about him. I don't know where you came up with all that..... Nodak understood what I was saying just fine.
    Umm man, I read your post twice.

here is an extract, which I also posted above...

This part implies Davike thought Childress WAS stubborn, but learned, etc.

'....he has some experience and isn't going
    be stubborn and bone headed, he learned from his mistakes and experience and he is making changes.
    ...'

I was referring to that part in my reply...

It implies you thought Childress was boneheaded, etc. because you said 'learned from his mistakes', which preceeds '.... isn't going
    be stubborn and bone headed, ...'

How should anyone interpret that differently ?

'isn't going
    be' - projection of the future
    'learned from his mistakes' - refers to the past

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast