Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Pat Williams: 'There are no cracks' in the Wall

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=53515.msg1002359#msg1002359 date=1254671559]
    This was funny, talking about Phat's age.

BS: So, the rocking chair doesn't mean you've suddenly dropped off? (He was sitting in a rocking chair in front of his locker.)

PW: I'm basically chilling. This is basically my chill chair. After the practice, I get into the rocking chair and just relax.
    We need a pic of that chair.

;D

On a side note, is it just me or have we seen alot more of Evans and Guion this year?
    Wonder if they are working to save Phat Pats and K-wills legs a bit.
    I think we were trying to get them up to speed with the whole suspension lingering.
    But mostly, I think it is like you said to shave some wear off of Pat.

Yes, they have been rotating a bit more.. Even Robison gets in the mix.

It's a long season, so rotating those guys keeps the line fresher for the 4th qtr, and later in the season when we'll need them fresh.
    Spot on.
    Wonder why ole Leslie wasn't doing it last year?

:
    He wasn't?
    They were being rotated all the time as I recall.

I agree on the chair though, definitely need a picture of phat pat chilling in the rocking chair.
    [/quote]
    Sure there was a rotation, but not as frequent as this year.
    Fact of the matter is this year he is rotating players in situations that you wouldn't have seen him at all last year.

I saw several times in the first 3 games were Phat Pat was out on 1rst and 10's.
    Hardly ever saw that last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=53515.msg1002361#msg1002361 date=1254671714]
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=53515.msg1002359#msg1002359 date=1254671559]

BS: So, the rocking chair doesn't mean you've suddenly dropped off? (He was sitting in a rocking chair in front of his locker.)

PW: I'm basically chilling. This is basically my chill chair. After the practice, I get into the rocking chair and just relax.

;D

On a side note, is it just me or have we seen alot more of Evans and Guion this year?
    I think we were trying to get them up to speed with the whole suspension lingering.

It's a long season, so rotating those guys keeps the line fresher for the 4th qtr, and later in the season when we'll need them fresh.
    Spot on.

:
    He wasn't?

I agree on the chair though, definitely need a picture of phat pat chilling in the rocking chair.
    [/quote]
    Fact of the matter is this year he is rotating players in situations that you wouldn't have seen him at all last year.

I saw several times in the first 3 games were Phat Pat was out on 1rst and 10's.
    [/quote]

something you might else notice, we rotate more frequently, and we're giving up 92 yards per game on the ground now.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=53515.msg1002365#msg1002365 date=1254672377]

;D

Spot on.

:
    He wasn't?

[/quote]

[/quote]

something you might else notice, we rotate more frequently, and we're giving up 92 yards per game on the ground now.
    [/quote]
    Ohhh, trust me, I noticed.
    Just didn't want to put out anything that might "Stir the Pot" so to speak.

Long story short, I like that he is rotating them.
    In the end it will keep them not only fresher at the end of the season, they will have the legs to go out and get a team to 3 and out when we need them to do it (ala the 49'rs game).

Ole Leslie and that D should get alot of props for that one, instead we are championing a single player.

;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=PurpleTide link=topic=53515.msg1002499#msg1002499 date=1254738560]
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=53515.msg1002365#msg1002365 date=1254672377]

;D

Spot on.

:
    He wasn't?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In the end it will keep them not only fresher at the end of the season, they will have the legs to go out and get a team to 3 and out when we need them to do it (ala the 49'rs game).

Ole Leslie and that D should get alot of props for that one, instead we are championing a single player.

;D

;D
    [/quote]

Wonder how much that attributes to us being the #4 ranked pass D now?
    Is it the secondary stepping up (Griffin sure is) or is it the DLine getting more pressure by replacing Pat with a better pass rusher?

Although, I'll take it, when we had to stop the 49ers running te ball, we did.
    I'll take 9th overall rush D if it means our whole D is better for it.

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

i think tonight we'll see our run defense jump up a few spots, and our pass d fall a spot or two

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ...Ole Leslie and that D should get alot of props for that one, instead we are championing a single player...
    Phat Pat is in a league of his own.
    He is the man in the rocker just watching the others getting up to snuff.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I think it's about time we crush the packers decisively and make them regret stepping in the dome. I don't care if we slip in the run D department if it keeps adding up to wins and the Wall stays intact and fresh. Statistics mean nothing without a super bowl.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=53515.msg1002501#msg1002501 date=1254738720]
    [quote author=PurpleTide link=topic=53515.msg1002499#msg1002499 date=1254738560]

;D

Spot on.

:
    He wasn't?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

;D

;D
    [/quote]

Wonder how much that attributes to us being the #4 ranked pass D now?
    Is it the secondary stepping up (Griffin sure is) or is it the DLine getting more pressure by replacing Pat with a better pass rusher?

Although, I'll take it, when we had to stop the 49ers running te ball, we did.
    I'll take 9th overall rush D if it means our whole D is better for it.
    [/quote]

nothing wrong with a top 10 D at all
    ;D

Nice rotation last night.
    Even had a JK sighting.
    ;D

On a bad note, the PUKERs seemed to move the ball up and down the field at will.
    Good thing we got some turnovers in the Redzone or the outcome might have been a bit tighter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12