Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pat Williams makes case for Vikings' defensive MVP

"V4L" wrote:
    He hasn't even played in all the games

Allen battled through HELL each and every game

he made a HUGE impact in the pass rush and pass D

Allen IMO is a lock for it

I have to agree...with his energy, enthusiasm and working through some big injuries, Allen is my choice. IMO, he's the single biggest factor in why our pass D improved so much this season.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ADMVP is offline Waterboy

Jared allen is a great player and very important to our team. But pat is the main reason that our run defence is no.1. Without him we had the giants running on us with ease. greenway is also going great and is proving to be better that other more hyped linebackers in that draft (A.J Hawk, Bobby Carpenter). I think Pat williams by a nose ahead of Allen and greenway. Winfield would be back a bit because hes had a few bad games down the stretch.
    T-Jack + AD + B2 + D-line + Toine = SUPERBOWL!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I can't give it to Greenway becuas ehe is a liability in man to man coverage. Defenses routinely motion the TE out and try to attack him vertically, and he refuses to turn his head when the ball is in the air( he is not CB but has to use better instincts than he has so far).

I wouln't give it to Phat either. The truth is, We faced the top 2 rush defenses in the league. Even with Pat, our numbers would have jumped up. I believe 90 vs. ATL is about where we would have been and 133 is a bit high vs. the G-Men( i would put us at 110).

I give it to Allen because it's likely that his signing made us a better team.
    He improved Kevin's Sack total - something Greenway and Phat didn't. He played thru tremendous pain and injuries. He Also was the voavl leader on the Vikings to get this team fired up. Remember week 2 when he spoke out about the lack of desire some of the players had to be the best. I believe his outburst helped push Childress' hand to bench Tjack after the colts game and that made TJ a better player.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

I'm gonna have to say the first part of the season, it was definately Antoine Winfield. For the whole season, I have to say the best defender on our team is Kevin Williams. He's so good we all forget about him, this guy is a stud, and hes here to stay.

SharperImage42

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I can't give it to Greenway becuas ehe is a liability in man to man coverage. Defenses routinely motion the TE out and try to attack him vertically, and he refuses to turn his head when the ball is in the air( he is not CB but has to use better instincts than he has so far).

I wouln't give it to Phat either. The truth is, We faced the top 2 rush defenses in the league. Even with Pat, our numbers would have jumped up. I believe 90 vs. ATL is about where we would have been and 133 is a bit high vs. the G-Men( i would put us at 110).

I give it to Allen because it's likely that his signing made us a better team.
    He improved Kevin's Sack total - something Greenway and Phat didn't. He played thru tremendous pain and injuries. He Also was the voavl leader on the Vikings to get this team fired up. Remember week 2 when he spoke out about the lack of desire some of the players had to be the best. I believe his outburst helped push Childress' hand to bench Tjack after the colts game and that made TJ a better player.
    All about the "Sack" total huh......

He had a .5 sack less than he did playing in KC were he was the only force on the line.
    He should have got 30 sacks playing next to Phat Pat and Kevin.

Hell he didn't show up for the first 2 or 3 games.

Chad isn't good in coverage cause a TE out runs him?
    What kindof madness is that.
    Of course a TE can out run him, thats why he is supposed to get help over the top with a S.

Comeon my friend.
    Get off the "Sack" bandwagon and look at each players role in the scheme.
    Chad has done more than his share, especially since TJ went down.
    All your Sack artitist has done is get .5 a sack less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123