Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brian H is offline Waterboy

Pat Williams Interview (Interested Read)

I just stumbled upon this Pat Williams Interview

Good read

http://www.profootballcentral.com/interviews/pat_williams.htm
    http://www.ProFootballCentral.com

Prophet Guest

Re: Pat Williams Interview (Interested Read)

PFC- Pat, thank you very much for your time to sit down with us here at ProFootballCentral.com

Pat Williams- Ok my pleasure, thanks for having me.

PFC- Lets jump into the biggest story in Minnesota, they finally got the deal done to trade Daunte, what are your feeling toward this?

Pat Williams- I was kind of sad because the main reason that I came here was because of Daunte, last year we became close friends and everything but I also realize that its all business and I cant take it personal.

Click here for rest of interview.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

PFC- Do you think this team is definitely going into this season with Brad Johnson as there number 1 and how do you feel about that?

Pat Williams- Yes, I think Brad is going to be the oldest player on the team but I have to go with the flow. I think he can definitely get the job done. We need to go find a backup as well. I have to go with the flow and support my owners which is what Im going to do.
    Note, he also said that Brad will definitely get the job done, but the bold items, didn't make that statement seem very convincing.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read.. I like this statement from Phat Pat:

Pat Williams- No (laughing), I'm not happy that he signed with the Dolphins. For 1 its the Dolphins, a team I never liked and 2 we play the Dolphins next season so I'm gonna sack him this year and hope he doesn't take it personal.

I honestly hope that when we play the Dolphins, that Culpepper starts, and the Vikes go after him full force and knock his a$$ around all day long..

Prophet Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:
    PFC- Do you think this team is definitely going into this season with Brad Johnson as there number 1 and how do you feel about that?

Pat Williams- Yes, I think Brad is going to be the oldest player on the team but I have to go with the flow. I think he can definitely get the job done. We need to go find a backup as well. I have to go with the flow and support my owners which is what Im going to do.
    Note, he also said that Brad will definitely get the job done, but the bold items, didn't make that statement seem very convincing.
    The most important part of the quote was, "... have to go with the flow and support my owners which is what Im going to do."

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for posting that interesting read! You can tell he is not happy that Darth Culpepper is gone, but by time camp opens it will not make a difference.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

That is a good read. I like getting opinions of the players. Their opinions can sometimes sway how I think because they are the ones that know what really goes down.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He is gonna sack Pep haha..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

My homeboy, Phat Pat, sounds like he is ready to rumble...Super Bowl or bust!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

PFC- Have you spoke to Daunte at all during this ordeal and what was his opinion on how the media treated him up until when the trade was official?

Pat Williams- Yep, I spoke to him last night right when this all happened and I wished him the best of luck and told him that I was sad to see him go. The media will say what they say but the only people who knew what really went down was Culpepper, the coach and the team.

I was just trying to think, who reported/said back right after Childress was hired, that they were going to have to compete for their(BJ and DC) jobs.

That comment disappeared from conversations concerning the DC issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast