Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Top_Speed is offline Starter

Re: Pat Williams back to leading D-line

He impressed me last year! Had my fellow Bills (neighboring) fans drueling cuz they didn't have him anymore.

Heck if anyone doesn't like a guy cuz he comes out of plays (& situations) then you really didn't like Moss who just came out of plays when he was still in there. At least we get a fresh replacement when Pat goes out... when Moss decided to take a play off.... we were one man short. Some may argue he was a "decoy" on those plays, I say BS. You play when your in and that is the bottom line.

Pat plugs the middle better than anyone we had in quite awhile and for a bigg'n he has a phat powerful diesel engine.
    Home Sweet Dome...

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

However, Childress said Tuesday that Williams had not failed the Vikings' conditioning test July 31. In fact, Childress was so concerned about Williams that he didn't even have him take the test.
    Another time that the press got it wrong!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

On a related note....wtf is a ghost gap. I was talking to one of the coaches at Mississippi State on the elevator and he mentioned this as part of the answer to one of my questions and we had to part ways before the conversation was through.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    On a related note....wtf is a ghost gap. I was talking to one of the coaches at Mississippi State on the elevator and he mentioned this as part of the answer to one of my questions and we had to part ways before the conversation was through.
    I think it may be a difference in terminology. Or maybe it is the gap after the tackle that is the C gap when a tight end is lined up there.

So between center and guards are the A gaps Guards and Tackles are the B gaps, Tackles and Tightends are the C gap and if no one is lined up next to the Tackle the space next to him is a ghost gap?

Hell if I know, why would you ask such a question at 6am? :lol:

Prophet Guest

Isn't that a normal question to ask at 6 a.m.? I'll have to hunt the guy down and ask him wtf he was talking about.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    Isn't that a normal question to ask at 6 a.m.? I'll have to hunt the guy down and ask him wtf he was talking about.
    I heard the ball boy use that term.

Perhaps that's "made up" as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I heard the ball boy use that term.

Perhaps that's "made up" as well.
    :lol:, most terms are made up at some point. This was from a reputable source, the ballboy's second cousin's nephew's daughter's boyfriend's sister's friend's cousin's wife's lover.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I find this article pretty good in understanding D-line play a little better. There is some pretty cool stuff about other things on the site as well:

Defensive Line Basics: Mind the Gap

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    I find this article pretty good in understanding D-line play a little better. There is some pretty cool stuff about other things on the site as well:

Defensive Line Basics: Mind the Gap
    I like that site, they put together some decent articles that you will never find in the typical media outlets.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good article cogitans. Lots of info. I will have to reread it after my brain wakes up...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast