Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pat Williams back to leading D-line

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    WILLIAMS IS OUT!?!?! gol 'darnit

What are you referring to!

Tank?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Well with all this being said, You were very unhappy with the signing of Pat Williams last year Del. :wink:

Anyways. Does this switch in defense mean that we should expect a huge breakout season from Kevin Williams?
    I wouldn't say I was very unhappy, but yeah I didn't like the signing and I still don't.

I'm not a fan of guys that can't play every down.

His addition to the team hasn't made any huge difference in our overall performance. I would rather still see Spencer Johnson lined up next to Kevin Williams then Fat Pat. Now that they are going to assign him to gap assignment I feel a little better about it, but I would still not shed a tear if he wasn't on the Vikings roster.

I guess I will see what Childress and Co. can do with him. Having a guy that can play a few downs here and there that can make a few big plays is nice, but I would prefer a guy who can do a DT's job to perfection and in doing so make his team that much better. Maybe Pat can do both. It's going to be exciting to find out.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:

Tank?
    I think he means Kevin due to the knee prob.
    Home Sweet Dome...

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well with all this being said, You were very unhappy with the signing of Pat Williams last year Del. :wink:

Anyways. Does this switch in defense mean that we should expect a huge breakout season from Kevin Williams?
    I wouldn't say I was very unhappy, but yeah I didn't like the signing and I still don't.

His addition to the team hasn't made any huge difference in our overall performance. I would rather still see Spencer Johnson lined up next to Kevin Williams then Fat Pat. Now that they are going to assign him to gap assignment I feel a little better about it, but I would still not shed a tear if he wasn't on the Vikings roster.

I guess I will see what Childress and Co. can do with him. Having a guy that can play a few downs here and there that can make a few big plays is nice, but I would prefer a guy who can do a DT's job to perfection and in doing so make his team that much better. Maybe Pat can do both. It's going to be exciting to find out.
    I can see what you mean about him not being an every down guy but from what I saw last year he'll keep mentoring guys like Spencer Johnson and CJ Moseley (who will be our starter in 2 years or so) to be as big of a force as him and K-will. The thing I like about Pat is that Pat and Kevin contrast each other in the type of game they play but it compliments each other when actually playing together on the line. I think our line is going to miss Lance Johnstone this year though..

Del Rio Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:

I can see what you mean about him not being an every down guy but from what I saw last year he'll keep mentoring guys like Spencer Johnson and CJ Moseley (who will be our starter in 2 years or so) to be as big of a force as him and K-will. The thing I like about Pat is that Pat and Kevin contrast each other in the type of game they play but it compliments each other when actually playing together on the line. I think our line is going to miss Lance Johnstone this year though..
    I think we will miss Lance as well. I can't blame the Vikes for letting the old timer walk though because they have two young bucks ready to take the reins, but I wish they would have found a way to let him stick around to be a teacher and an example.

Navycoach is offline Starter

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Navycoach" wrote:
    If there where ever an underated DT it would be Williams, he did wonders for our defense last year and got f'n robbed on the pro bowl. If he matches what he did last year and we do better than 9-7 or whatever we where he'll be in the bowl.

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:

Tank?
    I think he means Kevin due to the knee prob.

Kevin is not out, and he has had this knee problem since college so they are resting him a few days. He looks good and he has lost a lot of weight and looks like the Kevin of 2 years ago not the pot belly Kevin from last year.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Pat is just a monster on that line. Bad news for any RB coming up the middle

"Del Rio" wrote:

You have been mad since we cut Hovan! And Phat Pat playing in Hovan's spot last year played twice as well as Hovan did! Sorry that upsets you but Phat Pat is da bomb, and I am glad he is on the Vikes and Buffalo fans were pissed last year because he wasn't on their team.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast