Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Pat and Kevin Williams possible suspension?

well to be fair everyone was kind of waiting for this to happen, im sure coaches have been planning to go ahead without them with looming suspensions for weeks now. there is however still a possibility for them to get an injunction and play the last three weeks of the season.

this might also elevate the defense to another level knowing their two best players are out, but we'l see.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    The team will be fine. What's with the "oh well" stuff? The next 4 games are already lost? No way. We all saw linemen getting rotated in, getting reps just for this eventuality. I see the back-ups playing well. No problem. Relax. 8) I even saw a couple "seasons over" posts after EJ got hurt. That turned out okay.
    I agree. I still think we can make playoffs but it will be harder. We were already facing an uphill battle( winning on the road) It just got wharder but the season is not lost.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

From everything I am hearing, it sounds like Pat Williams is going for a legal injunction, but not Kevin.
    Maybe they are playing their hand... it is better to have Pat for the last four games and Kevin for the playoffs than neither one for the next four.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    The team will be fine. What's with the "oh well" stuff? The next 4 games are already lost? No way. We all saw linemen getting rotated in, getting reps just for this eventuality. I see the back-ups playing well. No problem. Relax. 8) I even saw a couple "seasons over" posts after EJ got hurt. That turned out okay.
    I agree. I still think we can make playoffs but it will be harder. We were already facing an uphill battle( winning on the road) It just got wharder but the season is not lost.
    Yup, it just got harder.
    But we are still in a good spot.
    A win against Detroit will DEFINATELY help the cause.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Well, I'm not totally throwing in the towel...

On Sunday, we saw some odd formations with Robison/Evans in at DT... I think we could possibly see more of this.

Regardless though, Michael Turner is going to run all over us.
    Good for you C Mac.
    You are right - we should NOT throw in the towel.
    First, Turner plays for Atlanta, not Detroit.
    And right now the team is focused on Detroit.
    One game at a time.
    By the time the Atl game rolls around, who knows what the situation will be.
    Very true.

I honestly hope that maybe Grigsby/Evans/Robison could step up on certain formations and offer us some speed at the DT position...

Either way, this sucks for us... but what can we do about it? Who knows, maybe someone will step-up and surprise us.

Either way, I really dislike Roger Goodell. If he was my neighbor, I'd egg his house.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"MN_SkolVikings_NC" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    The team will be fine. What's with the "oh well" stuff? The next 4 games are already lost? No way. We all saw linemen getting rotated in, getting reps just for this eventuality. I see the back-ups playing well. No problem. Relax. 8)
    Alright guys.... let's rally up.
    Robison and Evans have been pretty good.
    Wyms needs to step up.
    Make some plays, get the playoffs and let a well rested, angry, ready to rip someone's head off Williams wall do some MAJOR damage in the playoffs!
    Robinson can't play DT. He comes in only for passing downs, similar to what the G men did with tuck last year. He had trouble stopping the run at DE, do you think he will hold up at DT? Our best bet is to Have Wyms and Evens start and Bring the FSU rookie off the practice squad. Our run defense will drop a few but we will be ok.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3740122

A representative for one of the players told ESPN senior analyst Chris Mortensen on Tuesday that there is a plan to file for an injunction in a U.S. District Court Wednesday morning in an attempt to keep the suspended players active for the rest of the 2008 season.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"petrodemos" wrote:
    well to be fair everyone was kind of waiting for this to happen, im sure coaches have been planning to go ahead without them with looming suspensions for weeks now. there is however still a possibility for them to get an injunction and play the last three weeks of the season.

this might also elevate the defense to another level knowing their two best players are out, but we'l see.
    our coaches look ahead? we cant even make second half adjustments let alone a whole game from now on what to do.
    last game, whenever one of them was out, they ran right at that spot and got 4-8 yards every time. now think about it with both of them out. the whole goalline stand was pat being phat.

I love the optimism in the last few posts though. I was the only one posting in the other optimism topic we had before we started to win.
    We're bringing purple back.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3740122

A representative for one of the players told ESPN senior analyst Chris Mortensen on Tuesday that there is a plan to file for an injunction in a U.S. District Court Wednesday morning in an attempt to keep the suspended players active for the rest of the 2008 season.
    Good.
    Start the ball rolling.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

JeffSeimon is offline Starter

What about Letroy Guion?? Seems like he could contribute...