Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Pat and Kevin Williams possible suspension?

Sounds to me like the starcaps people f'd up.
    they didnt list the banned substance on their product, the consumer didnt know what they were taking.

you cant pin this on the players if they didnt know what was in the pill.

if that turns out to be the case and goodell indeed suspends the players involved, he is a true f**k arse.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

This is not a recent discovery, and the NFL knows it cannot just suspend these players.
    That is why it has been kept under wraps until someone blew the story.

Deuce says "working on it for some time now".

This leads me to believe that the NFL and players have known about this, but nothing is being done as there is obvious confusion going on here.
    Notice (not that I can find anyway) there is nothing coming from the commissioners office.
    I am sure they do not want to say something that could be taken the wrong way.

Does anyone really think Phat Pat is taking the juice?
    The dude is like he is because he does serious damage at a buffet table.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"TARKenton" wrote:
    Sounds to me like the starcaps people f'd up.
    they didnt list the banned substance on their product, the consumer didnt know what they were taking.

you cant pin this on the players if they didnt know what was in the pill.

if that turns out to be the case and goodell indeed suspends the players involved, he is a true f**k arse.
    In a normal situation, the NFL absolutely can pin it on the players. The steriod policy explicitly points out that the player is responsible for what they put in their body. If they take a suppliment that contains a banned substance, even if it was not mentioned on the label, the player is still responsible. That's why the NFL and the NFLPA put out an approved suppliment list.

However, with the fact that Deuce McAllister sent samples of the suppliment to the NFL four years ago for testing, and the NFL said it was ok, this is far from a normal situation. You have a player following the policy and sending a suppliment in for testing. After the NFL approves it, they add a substance to the banned list. It just so happens that this substance is in the previously tested suppliment, though it is not mentioned on the label of that suppliment. According to the NFL Steroid policy, the player is still responsible, because they took something that contained a banned substance, but how often should a player have to have his suppliments tested? If the NFL tests something not on their approved list, and says it's ok, are they responsible for re-testing it when they add new substances to the banned list? There are a lot of grey areas and new questions coming from this situation.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Not sure how confidential test results get out to the reporters.

A precedent of a previous 4 game suspension for the same drug has been set.

However, if Deuce is correct, and the NFL approved the substance,they may have to cancel the tests.

I will be surprised if it's not a four game suspension.

Oh well, those guys were holding this team back anyway.........or not.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3667295
    Childress planning on DT Williamses for Sunday vs. Texans
    Updated: October 27, 2008, 3:36 PM ET

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress is planning on Pro Bowl defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams playing in Sunday's game against Houston.

Childress had no comment Monday on a Fox Sports report that the two Williamses have tested positive for one of the NFL's banned substances. That would mean a four-game suspension pending appeal.

The league's policy is supposed to be confidential, so coaches and the NFL cannot comment.

Childress called the situation "a personal issue." He says the Vikings won't let it be a distraction.

b0ng is offline Waterboy

I think this drama will play out a little later on in the season since there are so many big names in this "situation".
    I just don't see anybody losing players till about week 12 or so.
    Of course some teams might want their players to go ahead and be suspended as soon as possible so they can come back for a late playoff push.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    This is not a recent discovery, and the NFL knows it cannot just suspend these players.
    That is why it has been kept under wraps until someone blew the story.

Deuce says "working on it for some time now".

This leads me to believe that the NFL and players have known about this, but nothing is being done as there is obvious confusion going on here.
    Notice (not that I can find anyway) there is nothing coming from the commissioners office.
    I am sure they do not want to say something that could be taken the wrong way.

Does anyone really think Phat Pat is taking the juice?
    The dude is like he is because he does serious damage at a buffet table.

That is freaking funny.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"b0ng" wrote:
    I think this drama will play out a little later on in the season since there are so many big names in this "situation".
    I just don't see anybody losing players till about week 12 or so.
    Of course some teams might want their players to go ahead and be suspended as soon as possible so they can come back for a late playoff push.
    Yeah, we won't likely be in that group

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Hopefully they are back for the Houston game, but I don't think it matters much. Andre Johnson is going to have 200 recieving yards and 2 touchdowns. Schaub will probably throw for 400-500.
    Retired 12/21/08

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Every time I see an article on steroids in sports I think of this classic SNL video.

Priceless:

<embed src="http://www.broadcaster.com/video/external/player.swf?clip=46574_2022646617_Snl___John_Belush i___All_Drug_Olympics.flv" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="340"> </embed>

How the heck do you embed a non-youtube video?

http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/9253

Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast