Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Past Vikes D lacked heart.

We had plenty of talent on D last year. It wasn't utilized correctly.

Going in at half and coming out playing great isn't a lack of heart it is a change in plans.

If they did lack heart it was because they had no faith in what the coaches were trying to do.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:

Going in at half and coming out playing great isn't a lack of heart it is a change in plans.

If they did lack heart it was because they had no faith in what the coaches were trying to do.
    Really? :shock: Then why didn't we just hire a couple new coachs and call it a year? Why does half of the D have new starters?

I'm thankfull that Rio not running the show.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Here is a link to some minicamp video and pictures from KFAN:

http://www.kfan.com/vikings/minicamp2005/42905.html

I thnk our D we play much more inspired this year.
    [size=18px]D.Sharper cut off his stupid looking braids. I guess he does want a fresh start.[/size]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Turboe" wrote:
    A great article from about a month ago talking about what has been wrong with the Vikes D the last few years. I thought it a good read when I saw it, but since that was BP (Before Purplepride for me) I thought I would post it now. When it came to Gut Check time, they Checked Out. They lacked fire, heart, whatever you want to call it.

An interesting read, and one that I hope turns out to be true as a Vikings fan.

Heres the link assuming I know how to do this right: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-offseasonnotes032805&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Lets hope he is right.

I think they lacked talent too!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SamDawg84 Guest

i think we were a pretty "good" d fence last year. k will was basicly our whole d fence.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think we were a below average D last year! 28th/29th in the league can't be considered good IMO!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Really? :shock: Then why didn't we just hire a couple new coachs and call it a year? Why does half of the D have new starters?

Why didn't we hire a few new coaches? Ask Red next time he's holding onto your shoulders while your picking up a paperclip.

The year before we had a very strong showing from the DB's. Last year we had one of the best defensive lines statistiacally. Our LB's were young and flying to the ball.

I'm sure our defensive backs just sucked so bad that they forgot where to line up and decided to sit 8 yards back every play. I'm sure our linebackers were told to blitz but they were just to dumb to know how. I'm sure our defensive linemen were supposed to stunt, but they just weren't feeling up to it. We had no aggression that is all. Being on defense your automatically at a disadvantage. Playing on your heels does not nurture success. Watch the D sometime then comment.

Or just assume our players suck and all this LEET talent is uber superific.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Why didn't we hire a few new coaches? Ask Red next time he's holding onto your shoulders while your picking up a paperclip.

The year before we had a very strong showing from the DB's. Last year we had one of the best defensive lines statistiacally. Our LB's were young and flying to the ball.

I'm sure our defensive backs just sucked so bad that they forgot where to line up and decided to sit 8 yards back every play. I'm sure our linebackers were told to blitz but they were just to dumb to know how. I'm sure our defensive linemen were supposed to stunt, but they just weren't feeling up to it. We had no aggression that is all. Being on defense your automatically at a disadvantage. Playing on your heels does not nurture success. Watch the D sometime then comment.

Or just assume our players suck and all this LEET talent is uber superific.
    :thumbright: Great Post Rio!! :notworthy:

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

We had decent or average talent everywhere on our D last year except for our linebackers. In my opinion the linebackers should be the heart of the defense and they were clearly our weakness. If I recall correctly Chavous, not Henderson had to call the plays...weak.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The title of this thread deserves the "Master of the Obvious" award...ANY defense that ranks at the bottom of the league is gonna be one that has no heart!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12