Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Past imperfect: Childress stands by coach Eric Bieniemy

"singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Like anyone is perfect! Another jab by the media! I'm really getting tired of their getting fans upset over crap like this.
    But I'd guarantee ya if it was Tice who made the comment & hired that coach, several PPOers would be blasting Tice instead of the media. :wink:
    I can't believe Tice did that! That guy is an idiot. Why on Earth would you hire a guy with a scandal like that on his resume?

Oh...it was Childress? Good hire Brad!

Seriously though... I don't really think we'd be blasting Tice for this. You can't say that Tice ever made any terrible hires. Most of the bad stuff that went down was from an organizational standpoint, like having Loney serve as line coach and coordinator this year. You can say what you want about Cottrell, but our D was better this year and we really didn't get to see if there was any more potential there for improvement since they all got canned.

I also don't think that Childress should get criticized for hiring Bieniemy. If he has faith in him, who are we to judge a guy who hasn't even coached a single running back yet? Let's reserve judgement until we see what he does developing Maroney this year. :wink:

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    ofcourse the minnesota media needs to find everything negative that they can like usual

Seems that's all the media is good for these days. Either to find the dirt, or to scare you into staying home. And with sports, it's always about the SCANDAL, never the SCORE. I never watch the news now, it's f'n depressing.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Like anyone is perfect! Another jab by the media! I'm really getting tired of their getting fans upset over crap like this.
    But I'd guarantee ya if it was Tice who made the comment & hired that coach, several PPOers would be blasting Tice instead of the media. :wink:
    I can't believe Tice did that! That guy is an idiot. Why on Earth would you hire a guy with a scandal like that on his resume?

Oh...it was Childress? Good hire Brad!

Seriously though... I don't really think we'd be blasting Tice for this. You can't say that Tice ever made any terrible hires. Most of the bad stuff that went down was from an organizational standpoint, like having Loney serve as line coach and coordinator this year. You can say what you want about Cottrell, but our D was better this year and we really didn't get to see if there was any more potential there for improvement since they all got canned.

I also don't think that Childress should get criticized for hiring Bieniemy. If he has faith in him, who are we to judge a guy who hasn't even coached a single running back yet? Let's reserve judgement until we see what he does developing Maroney this year. :wink:
    I wouldn't blame either one of them. I'm all in favor of second chances.

Always have been. Especially when I've been there, done that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12