Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Passing

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    I have no clue. Ponder is just lost out there.
    Yup, The guy cannot see his receivers. He can't find the open guy, and doesn't trust himself to pull the trigger.

Let's put it this way, I'd rather have Tarvaris Jackson back than have Ponder play one more snap. Can we trade straight up?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Collinsworth, for once, called it like it is. Ponder missed at least half a dozen throws/reads, maybe more. He looked more lost last night than perhaps ever. This team is on a locomotive to 1-15.
    Ponder's play is definitely an indication that Stats don't tell the story.

14/21, 125 yards on paper looks like he was not asked to do much, hand the ball off and not cause turnovers, which he did.

But watching the game, it was much worse. What We saw was a few dumpoff passes well behind the first down marker, long passes with PI called that didn't count as incompletions towards the percentage, staring down his primary receiver, missing open receivers, missing the throws when he found open receivers.

His play may have been the worst all year not counting Freemans game last week.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    If Ponder's primary isn't open he brings it down and runs with it. He simply doesn't see the field or what is happening on a given play, let alone read coverages and formations. Certainly our crap OL isn't helping. Time to cut him loose now as in trade to someone who needs a backup. But given what he's shown and our FO ineptness it probably won't happen. The rest of this year should be played with an eye on next.

Blog Entries
    Ponder: "I already got benched, it can't get worse"

Sorry Christian, it just got worse.

A disclaimer for the Ponder apologists out there, I wanted Ponder to succeed, I really did. It is now obvious that Ponder is not the answer for the rest of the season, or the future.

No, it's not all Ponder's fault we lost, our Defense is just awful, but sustaining a couple drives means that Rodgers isn't on the field. We ran 3 plays in the third quarter. That is just pitiful.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Ponder is simply freaked out on passing plays, like a cat riding in a car. He freaks and flight heavily outweighs fight. He appears to have no ability to remain calm under pressure. At this point I'm wondering if that is the reason they coddled him so much by not allowing him to have any competition until now.
    I would like to see a calm but aggressive QB for a change.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Ponder is simply freaked out on passing plays, like a cat riding in a car. He freaks and flight heavily outweighs fight. He appears to have no ability to remain calm under pressure. At this point I'm wondering if that is the reason they coddled him so much by not allowing him to have any competition until now.
    I would like to see a calm but aggressive QB for a change.
    Freeman looked calm and aggressive, he just wasn't able to get the ball to go where he wanted it to.

That may have been the worse I've seen Ponder look yet, and that is saying quite a bit. I don't know if you can ever come back from playing scared.

Cassell probably gives us the best chance to win at this point, but we might as well ride Freeman for the rest of the year or until his next brain freeze to cement Spielman's place in this mess.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Collinsworth, for once, called it like it is. Ponder missed at least half a dozen throws/reads, maybe more. He looked more lost last night than perhaps ever. This team is on a locomotive to 1-15.
    Collinsworth had the best line last night when he said, "that seems to be his 2nd read (to run) when his 1st read isn't open". Every announcer this season has ripped Ponder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123