Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passing

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Passing

ESPN just said it was the lowest completion percentage since 2007.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Also

Josh Freeman becomes 2nd QB since 1960 to attempt 50 passes for 0 TD and under 200 Yds. Dave Brown (1995) was the other.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    16 overthrows by Freeman. The most by a QB since they started keeping the stats.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Oh man, only this franchise could find someone worse than Ponder to replace Ponder.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    The kids been here, what two weeks ? Personally I feel kind of sorry for him, he's got to be thinking what the He** did I get myself into?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    The kids been here, what two weeks ? Personally I feel kind of sorry for him, he's got to be thinking what the He** did I get myself into?
    yup.

Him playing, IMO means the coaches have written off the season already.

had we won, we'd be a game and a half out of first int he division. Even still, we're 2.5 games out.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    We ran AP 14 times ALL GAME. Any other team would have fired the OC after calling that many pass plays, even though we were down (BY TWO FRIKKIN SCORES ONLY!!).

"We didn't get our run game established." What as asinine thing to say when you tried it 3-4 times tops then asked the new guy to throw it 50 times. I have news for the OC... THE PASS GAME NEVER GOT ESTABLISHED EITHER. Why the hell did we stick with THAT??

Basically, what Musgrave said is, "AP can't win this for us, let's go with the guy who doesn't even know our playbook."

WHY IS HE STILL EMPLOYED??? When you get the ESPN analysts speechless, you really have screwed the pooch.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I once saw an episode of "Restaurant Stakeout", when they have hidden cameras in a eatery to find out why there are problems. This episode had a sous chef sabotaging the head chef's attempts to make good food, because he wanted the job. He went so far as throwing vinegar into soup a culinary critic was about to eat.

That's what this game felt like...someone did NOT want to see us succeed last night. It is either outright stupidity or sabotage. You make the call.

I cannot think of a single reason we had Josh throw pass numbers 30-50. It was obvious he was not ready, and at that point, AP should have been handed the ball every play. If it means 3 and outs, then at least it DOESN'T mean interceptions!!
    Last edited by drewlovs; 10-22-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    The 'kid' has thrown over 2,000 passes in his career & started 60 games. Twice what Ponder has. At some point people got to start thinking the reason he's throwing the ball too high might have something to do with the QB maybe not being that good.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Well I guess he's a kid to me, just an age reference I suppose. He has shown at times he has talent, what has happened in the last year or two who the heck knows. I don't think that as bad as he truly was you can just start over agaaain. Give him another shot or two, heck the seasons shot in the ass anyway. Saddest thing to me is this kid that Buffalo's starting that came off the practice squad looks as good or even better than any of our qbs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast