Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pass the salt

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pass the salt

"Gift" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    BJ doesn't make mistakes, BJ manages games.
    Everyone else is losing these games but him.
    You can not take BJ out of the game because his replacement may not be flawless, so we just can't risk it.
    BJ gives us the best chance to lose out & score a good draft pick, thats why we are losing.
    If BJ wanted to he could throw 100 TD's a game.
    Stay the course!
    BJ! BJ! BJ!

[size=2pt]Sorry mods, i cant stop myself im so pissed right now[/size]
    Am I sensing a BIT of sarcasm?
    ;D
    Just trying really really hard to stay positive...
    Alright, let's try and back up the sarcasm, shall we?

1:
    Chester Taylor - the guy who has been the backbone of the O all season long - fumbled twice today.
    One wasn't his fault (The one jason Taylor ripped from him) and the "D" was able to stop Miami cold on that drive.
    The second was most assuredly his fault (he leapt into the oncomming Defensemen) and it was returned for a TD.
    Worse, it was on consecutive possessions.
    Brad had nothing to do with that.
    And how about failing to get into the endzone with 1st and goal from the THREE!!!!
    Twice!!!!

2:
    Brad Johnson threw for 262 yards today.
    Out of 44 attempts, only ONE was picked off.
    Yes, it was a crappy floater that probably shouldn't have been thrown...and it was returned for a TD....but that was ONE mistake.
    Other than that, he did about what we all expected from him.
    he took 3 sacks, threw a bunch of balls away, and attempted to move us downfield in a measured fashion.
    Of course, all anyone will remember is the 1 INT.

3:
    Playcalling:
    We ran 14 times in the 2nd half.
    After Chester's 2nd fumble - heck, after his 1st fumble - why not give Mewelde a shot at running the ball?
    We're down by 4 points with time on the clock, why do we ALWAYS panic and get pass happy at the end?

Further, why is it that every time we need 8 or more yards, we ALWAYS throw to a guy 4 yards out...and pray?
    Sometimes it works...more often it doesn't.
    Seems to me that we were having success with slants and crossing routes...and immediately quite doing it.

Brad Johnson doesn't call the plays.

4:
    Neither #1 nor #3 above change if Brad Johnson isn't the QB.

Let's face it, we all know the Offense blew this game - again.
    The Defense gave up 10 points, then shifted out of that deep drop zone we've played all season and started stopping Miami.
    The Offense gave up 14 points trying to protect and increase a 3 point lead.
    No one is more upset about this than I am, but to REALISTICALLY place all the blame on Brad Johnson is short sighted and downright assinine.

We HAD Miami at several different points in the game...and failed to capitalize.
    That's why we lost.
    Everything else at this point is fluff.

Should BJ be benched?
    I don't know.
    I suppose we could if we want to get some salt on Bollinger to try and trade him...other than that, there's really no reason to do so.
    Jackson simply isn't ready.
    He says so, the Coaches say so, it's just a few short-sighted, immediate gratitude type fans who want him in there and scream for him here after every game.

Face it, the BEST we can hope for is @ 7-9.
    We're NOT making the play offs this season.
    I'll be happy with 6-10 right about now.
    While I agree that we need to start looking at the future, we need to do so with a purpose in mind.
    Playing Tarvaris now, just for the sake of playing him, is pointless.
    Since we're not going anywhere, let's allow the kid the opportunity to get ready for the day that we DO start him.

In the meantime, start scouting next years FA market for O-Linemen, WR's, LB's, and QB's.

Caine

BENCH WHITAKER!!!!!

out with the old in with the new..

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Caine" wrote:
    Caine
    You're a smart guy caine but i'm tired of "what we should be expecting" from BJ. People can argue how he is a winner or the best option, but when sundays always tell you different it is hard to keep hearing it.
    Someone new atleast offers hope, something i have very little of at this point.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

"Gift" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Caine
    You're a smart guy caine but i'm tired of "what we should be expecting" from BJ. People can argue how he is a winner or the best option, but when sundays always tell you different it is hard to keep hearing it.
    Someone new atleast offers hope, something i have very little of at this point.
    I totally agree! Brooks give me some hope. Sure he didn't have a great showing in NY but he was in a bad situation. I want him starting next week. Even if it is just for the 1st quarter just to see how he does.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Dead on Mensa, but everyone else saying Brooks is the answer is pretty far off.

Look, I am not convinced Tarvaris is the answer, but he is the best we have now.

Johnson has had his chances, no more excuses.

Bollinger had his chance with NY when Pennington was down and he was so horrible it pained me. (I watched because he was from ND and he's related to some friends)

All I'm saying is how much worse could it get with TJ?

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

B.j had a decent game. he turned the ball over at a BAD time and into a BAD situation. had that int not gone the distance.. and we held them to at most a fg.. it's a tie game.

had C.t not fumbled the last time and it returned for a D, TD.. we win..

it's like Carolina not doing the pitch on the kick return. Or us not getting 2 D TD's againt the lions and winning.. that's football.. 2 plays determined the result.

other then those 2 plays.. we dominted the game. B.j had poise and moved the chains. C.t was running well. our D had not just stopped the run.. we pushed it backward.. with a total of what -3 yards??????

don't put the blame sq. on one persons shoulders, and don't tell me now that B.j is the worst option we have. He's doing what we knew he'd do.. vanilla, little to no mistake football. it's the scheme and the play calling that is giving him the 3-long - quick short pass hoping for the YAC.
    also receivers dropping balls.. who had the most this week.. wiggens?

I'm lowering my expectations for this year yes, but i'm a fan.. my expectations are so inflated not even inflationary practices of the fed reserve could touch it.
    it's time to see reality.. we are a good team with good talent.. but a fledgling driver that is learning some of the ropes as we go on.

I would keep it in B.j's hands.. let him push the team foward. maybe once in a while toss in Boll. but only so he can gain a bit of rythem and experience. Next year the expecations are back again.. and we'll get a chance to see if B.chill can recognize the places we need help and aquire them in FA/draft.

i know a lot of people are dissapointed in B.j's work so far.. but it's impossible to prove that it's HIS fault we are not winning.
    and therefore it's biased opionin.. but isn't that the nature of opionin's biased by our own observations?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

I'm out of the country. Is there an actual "quarterback controversy" over this issue, like it could really happen? Because I don't think a stubborn wanna be tough guy like Childress is going to change his plan. It's pretty obvious that he hasn't done anything to generate more scoring with his bland run-run-3rd-and-long offense since the rest of the football watching world has noticed that the offense flat out sucks. I'd love to see him frustrated and make some damn moves but he just sticks to it.
    Ziggy Wilf was pretty quick to fire Tice when he could have possibly waited it out another year with a new D coordinator instead of going from decent contender to lower tier underachiever. Bringing in a bunch or rookie coaches on such a talented roster makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Forget Brad Johnson, my vote is to dump Brad Childress, the Viking ruiner.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    It could get a lot worse.
    These losses (except for New England) have been winnable games.
    Remember last year, when the early losses were all done by half-time?
    That was MUCH worse.

And that is what I fear we'd get with an untested rookie who's never played a single down of football against top-notch competition.
    At any level.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    It could get a lot worse.
    These losses (except for New England) have been winnable games.
    Remember last year, when the early losses were all done by half-time?
    That was MUCH worse.

And that is what I fear we'd get with an untested rookie who's never played a single down of football against top-notch competition.
    At any level.

=Z=
    But they were still losses....

Our defense os the reason it was close, not our QB.

Does he even have 10 TD passes yet in week ten?

I know there are times where even a little mobility would have helped us out on a first down scramble or to avoid a sack. Johnson stands back there like he's in a coma.

I know it doesn't pay for me to come on here and cuss up a storm, but its frustrating watching our normally amazing offense being ruined.

Therefore, I won't even get started on Troy Williamson.

Zigi has a'lot of work to do this spring.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The chance at a playoff spot is slim to none, unless an 8 - 8 record this year gets you in the playoffs!
    The Vikes being 4 - 6 and still having a game at Chicago and the way our offense is playing we have no chance in that game, so we would have to go 4 - 1 in the remaining games to get to 8 - 8, and I don't see that happening.

When Winfield intercepted the pass and when he was retuning it I was yelling get in the end zone no matter what it takes get in the endzone because the offense will blow it if you don't.
    What happens, they can't punch it in from 3 yards out!
    If he scores the TD on the INT the game would have been tied 24 - 24 instead of losing by 4 points.

Bring in Bollinger or T-Jack it is time to find out what we have in the other QB's on our roster!
    Brad may have only thrown 1 INT but his passes suck and I think it is a big part of the reason why we have so many dropped balls the placement of his passes to often are short, high of behind the receiver, he has a dead arm!
    If you have watched all the games this season and can't come to that conclusion, you are kidding yourself.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast