Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Pass me a tissue...

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "TheAnimal93" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Sure, Moss is, was, and always will be a pain in the butt. But his ability to draw constant double coverage improves the overall performance of an offense, and the Meathead should have set aside his personal disdain for Moss to realize that, like the revolving door of tailbacks in Denver who have benefited from the presence of a stellar blocking scheme, the ability of guys like Brad Johnson and Randall Cunningham and Jeff George to play like Pro Bowlers with Moss in the offense had something to do with the presence of Moss on the field.
    Let's not forget Todd Bouman, who recieved the "Player of the Week honors" a couple years back and then was injured.

Mmm, who benifited from who? Moss made every "nobody" and "washed up" QB look good (-Wynn). Culpepper made...wait, he hasn't made ANYBODY look good.
    Oh contrare......
    He has made the opposing defenses look like the Ravens D. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Come on now, he made Burleson and Robinson look good last year.

atleast half of DC's INTs have been tipped or part of a bad route(miscommunication).
    Yeah, with Moss drawing most of the coverage his way (deep), leaving them one on one. How do you think Burleson got so many YAC??

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

The way it looks so far...Moss made Culpepper. There, I've said it. Why do I say that?

Culpepper has NEVER taken the field without a couple of good receivers. He started with Carter and Moss, then went to Moss and a couple of guys who didn't work out, then Moss and Robinson and Burleson, and now has Burleson, Robinson, Robinson, and Taylor.

Add in RB's that can catch out of the backfield, and Kleinsasser and Wiggins, and where is Daunte's excuse for his sub-par performance?

The O-line?

C'mon. There are ways to work around a bad O-line. Chicago QB's have been doing it for years. Sure, they don't win a lot of games, but they didn't have the receiver talent we do either.

Now, you can blame bad routes all you want...and you'll sound just as silly as the packer fans do when trying to excuse Brett's INT's. The bottom line is that Culpepper is not getting it done on the field...and his off field comments lack any sense of intensity.

I still believe that Culpepper has the SKILL to be an Elite QB. I'm still wondering about his HEART, however...and his ability to adapt. No one hopes more than I do that Culpepper will come out of his funk and get his "roll" on again. We need it. We need it BAD.

So, while I don't pin the blame for all of our misfortune on Daunte, I do pin the blame for HIS misfortunes on him. We win or lose as a team...but he isn't helping us along on this one.

And, as a side note, anyone else thinking right about now that Napolean Harris and Sam Cowert are looking more and more like a bad idea? Or, maybe that's just Cottrell turning good players into garbage....he has a knack for that.

Caine

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"countrygirl" wrote:
    How bout Ditka? At least he'd be entertaining.
    Ditka...ouch. Then our pals in Chicago would know how Giants fans feel when Parcells walks in their stadium in a Cowboys shirt.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Let me make it clear that I'm NOT dogging on Culpepper because I don't like him, I'm just dogging on him because it's the truth.

I like Culpepper. To anyone that hasn't read about my encounter with Pep I'll give it to you briefly...

I was at the "Blue Goose" one night during Arcitc Blast (a charity event held every winter near my house), I stumble outside and who's backing his SUV into the handicap space right next to the door? That's right, Daunte Culpepper. It was Daunte (getting out of his truck), another guy, and me. The "other guy" started walking toward him with a hat or something to sign, and I stood there in shock, and asked the guy, "holy $h1t, is that actually Daunte??" After the guy got a signature, I walked over and shook his hand and (like a drunk idiot) mumbled something with slurring words.

Sure, alot of people meet celebs and athletes, but standing there with that one person without ANYBODY in sight is awesome!

The funny part of the story (and I don't think that I told this before), after I went back inside to the group of friends that was sitting and talking with Carl Lee, I couldn't shut up about meeting Daunte outside and I think that he was annoyed. Ha ha, oh well.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

The problem with that is Moss has not been impressive at all this year he has not looked elite he looks like an average WR, right now both Owens and Johnson are better and when they finally did win it was not Moss it was Lamont Jordan running effort that won that game.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

I was just searching on the web for Actic Blast stuff and came across this website. It's a pic of Daunte and my buddy's wife. Funny thing is, is he's a Lion Fan!!!!! Ha ha, poor bastard.
    http://www.highnoon.to/arcticblast2003.html

FYI, I don't know who the other guy is.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    The problem with that is Moss has not been impressive at all this year he has not looked elite he looks like an average WR, right now both Owens and Johnson are better and when they finally did win it was not Moss it was Lamont Jordan running effort that won that game.
    That might be partly because his QB seems to ignore him. I don't think Randy is any less impressive...I think that Oakland has no idea how to use him without pissing off their other receivers.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

I think Kerry Collins takes plays off.

The problem is he is actually taking the plays off that Moss is trying. When Collins is trying Moss is taking his plays off.....so after they gel a bit more they will be able to get on the same page and take off plays at the same time.

Schulzy is offline Training Camp

Not impressive, he (MOSS) just went to a new system and is still #2 in the league with 466 rec yards Whats not impressive? Collins is able to see more then 1 reciver so the ball goes to the best spot and when you are always dubled up you are not always going to get the chance to look impressive. not impressive is 10 int 17/47 3rd downs 20 sacs in 4 games

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Schulzy" wrote:

Not impressive, he (MOSS) just went to a new system and is still #2 in the league with 466 rec yards Whats not impressive? Collins is able to see more then 1 reciver so the ball goes to the best spot and when you are always dubled up you are not always going to get the chance to look impressive. not impressive is 10 int 17/47 3rd downs 20 sacs in 4 games
    The reason he doesn't seem impressive is because he isn't on a winning team.

Both Owens and Johnson have the luxury of being on winning teams.

Plus, they are trying to hide Randy in Oaktown. It is a little different than how we used him and how Owens and Johnson are being used. They are featured guys on every play.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast