Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pass me a tissue...

"countrygirl" wrote:
    How bout Ditka? At least he'd be entertaining.
    Ditka in the "ROLLERDOME."

Man he was entertaining.

LOL

Pirate is offline Training Camp

Bad gatorade?
    Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.

Winston Churchill

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=angels+in+the+endzone/v=2/SID=e/TID=I056_77/l=IVI/SIG=12hu0mo47/EXP=1128466226/*-http%3A//disney.wretch.cc/mvdata/data/Angels_in_the_Endzone.jpg[/img]

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

we need a lil of that right now

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Thanks CAINE!! I needed the gut check myself. What was I thinking blaming Everyone but mostly Pep? :lol: :lol:

Rookie444 is offline Starter

whats goin on...

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

From profootballtalk.com

2. The Vikings Traded The Wrong Guy.

We're now convinced that the Minnesota Vikings should have kept receiver Randy Moss.

And that they should have traded quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Just think of the pack of picks that Vikes could have pecked for 'Pepper. Culpepper was coming off of one of the best quarterback seasons in NFL history, in which easily would have been the MVP but for Peyton Manning and his 49 touchdown passes. Regarded (at the time) as a can't-miss leader poised to join the upper echelon of NFL quarterbacks, as many as a dozen teams would have been interested.

If the Vikes had made the move, they would have pulled off the true Reverse Herschel, snookering an unsuspecting owner who would have thunk that he'd landed a guy around whom a franchise can be built.

Of course, a discerning trade partner would have been leery of the fact that Culpepper might not quite be the same without Moss -- even though Daunte was stellar during Randy's temporary absence last season with a hamstring injury. The deeper concern rightly would have been whether Culpepper would be the same guy without offensive coordinator Scott Linehan drawing up the X's and O's -- and without backup Gus Frerotte helping to keep Daunte focused and confident.

Sure, Moss is, was, and always will be a pain in the butt. But his ability to draw constant double coverage improves the overall performance of an offense, and the Meathead should have set aside his personal disdain for Moss to realize that, like the revolving door of tailbacks in Denver who have benefited from the presence of a stellar blocking scheme, the ability of guys like Brad Johnson and Randall Cunningham and Jeff George to play like Pro Bowlers with Moss in the offense had something to do with the presence of Moss on the field.

The fact that Culpepper quietly lobbied for more money prior to the season suggests that he perhaps also was quietly lobbying for the team to shed Moss.

In hindsight, the Vikings screwed this one up royally. They should've poop-canned 'Pep and retreated to Denny Green's system of fungible passers who can throw the deep ball.

Though it's too late to get good value for Daunte now, we suggest that the Meathead have him take a game or two off and give Brad Johnson a chance to finish what he started with the Vikings nearly a decade ago. Johnson still have enough left in the tank to get it done, and we have a weird feeling that he'd be effective if given a chance.

-----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Sure, Moss is, was, and always will be a pain in the butt. But his ability to draw constant double coverage improves the overall performance of an offense, and the Meathead should have set aside his personal disdain for Moss to realize that, like the revolving door of tailbacks in Denver who have benefited from the presence of a stellar blocking scheme, the ability of guys like Brad Johnson and Randall Cunningham and Jeff George to play like Pro Bowlers with Moss in the offense had something to do with the presence of Moss on the field.
    Let's not forget Todd Bouman, who recieved the "Player of the Week honors" a couple years back and then was injured.

Mmm, who benifited from who? Moss made every "nobody" and "washed up" QB look good (-Wynn). Culpepper made...wait, he hasn't made ANYBODY look good.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Let's not forget Todd Bouman, who recieved the "Player of the Week honors" a couple years back and then was injured.

Mmm, who benifited from who? Moss made every "nobody" and "washed up" QB look good (-Wynn). Culpepper made...wait, he hasn't made ANYBODY look good.
    Oh contrare......
    He has made the opposing defenses look like the Ravens D. :lol: :lol: :lol:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Oh contrare......
    He has made the opposing defenses look like the Ravens D. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Come on now, he made Burleson and Robinson look good last year.

atleast half of DC's INTs have been tipped or part of a bad route(miscommunication).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast