Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Pass me a tissue...

4 weeks under our belts, and our predictions of a NFCN route don't look to be gelling. We lost - again - to Atlanta...something I'm still steamed about. But, I waited a day before posting...just to clear my head.

So far, this is what I've seen:

Whaaaa #1: "Fire Tice" - OK, while I will admit that even I don't believe our coaching is getting it done, stop and think for a minute. With whom do we replace him? Cottrell? Give me a friggin' break. Cottrell couldn't find his butt with both hands if you lit it on fire!!! He couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel!!! In New York, he took a great defense, and made it crappy, then got fired. The only difference here is that he started with a crappy Defense.

Whaaaa #2: "Too many guys out injured". Yeah, New England is really falling apart too....oh, wait. But at least McNabb is.....oh...wait.....no he isn't. Injuries happen. Sure, we've had a bad run of luck, but NO ONE has stepped up. NO ONE...on EITHER side of the ball.

Whaaaa #3: "Our O-Line sucks". Yeah, it's a shame that they can only give Culpepper 5-7 seconds to throw the ball. While they may not exactly be dominating Defenses, they aren't exactly tossing open the flood gates either.

Whaaa #4: "Culpepper Sucks". Really? Yeah, he's struggling. And, yeah, he looks lost right now, but it isn't entirely Culpepper. There's a much bigger problem in Minnesota.

From where I sit, it isn't any one of these things that is killing us...it's ALL OF THEM. Tice isn't getting it done, but there's NO ONE to replace him. We've been riddled with injuries - especially on Defense - and NO ONE has stepped up. Our O-Line ISN'T dominating defensive fronts and opening holes for the ruinning game. And, finally, Culpepper looks like a deer in headlights.

Yeah, I'm pissed. I watched our boys walk into Atlanta and manage to look baffled, befuddled, and bewildered throughout the entire game. I was humiliated just sitting alone watching. It isn't Tice, it isn't the Defense, it isn't the O-line, it isn't Culpepper, it's ALL OF THEM.

They have managed in 4 short weeks to take a Championship contender (on paper) and turn it into the Washington Redskins...except the 'Skins are friggin 3-0!!!

I tried like hell to take somnething positive away from the Atlanta game...I really did. The ONLY thing I could come up with was, "At least we've been beaten by 2 undefeated teams and a contender"....whoopie-do-ding-dong!!! That's small consolation while watching our season disintegrate in front of us.

CAN they turn it around? Well, I think they COULD...but I'm not so sure about their HEART anymore. As much as many will hate to hear this, maybe Moss DID make Culpepper...maybe THAT'S why our Offense can't get anything going. But what about the Defense? Are they really that bad? Or, is it more the fact that Cottrell is that bad? I'm leaning towards the latter myself.

The only other positive we have is that this is our Bye week. We cannot humiliate ourselves any further for another 2 weeks. And, truth be told, that's how our guys should feel right now...HUMILIATED. Maybe THAT would be the kick-in-the-ass they'd need to fire up and play with some friggin' HEART! If not, I'd be more than happy to drive up to Minnesota and kick their collective asses around the field for an hour or so. Maybe having a 39-year-old nobody bitch-slap them around like wannabe's would light their fires.

So, CAN they turn it around? Sure they can...but THEY have to want to. There are 12 games left...plenty of time to drive for the title...but only if THEY want it. I can't make them want it...and neither can anyone else here.

Rest assured, I will walk into work today - into that stinking den of inbred drooling packer fans - wearing MY colors. I will swallow my humiliation and face the enemy on their home ground. And if they beat Carolina tonight, it will be a LOOOOONG 2 weeks for me. But, I will face it head on...just like I do every year. Maybe our guys could use some of MY intensity.

Have boot, will travel.

Caine

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pass me a tissue...

Note, I'm not calling it quits on the season...I'm simply saying it's gut check time. With 12 games remaining, we can still get back on track...but NOW is the time to do it.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

It's going to take a miracle, the train has de-railed lol.

I don't know if replacing a coach mid-season is worse then keeping one on that everyone knows will be fired. Your going to lose regardless. Tice knows he is done.

Purplefeet is offline Training Camp

Where is Bud when you need him.....and we need him baaaad.

You're right, this is all bad and not gonna get better. I just hate to see Tice and this staff now, no more excuses. I don't want to see Tice coach this team 12 more weeks when its 20-1 he will be fired at seasons end, and the players know it. If the trigger gets pulled now at least two weeks to get a simple, basic O and D going. And really, not like it could be much worse, seriously. Once you get low, how low can you go? Right now this is a 3-13 team........wow.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Nice post as always Caine. :smile: People keep saying that replacing Tice and Co will tank the rest of the season for us. I keep wondering what season they are talking about? Where is it they think we are going this season. Just think the end of the season slump of the last two years hasn't even happened yet. :???: At this point I am not even confident that we can beat the Packers. :sad: The big question is who does Ziggy get to replace Tice?

WWBGD

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

How about Ronald Mcdonald, he is a better candidate than Tice. It's time to cut that monkey loose. Like RK said what season? With Tice at the helm we are going to go 3-13. So what if we get a new coach and we go 2-14, I really don't think it will make much of a difference.

Wilfe has to make sure to get a no nonsense coach. I am so tired of these players coaches, we haven't had a strong coach since Grant!!!! Burns frittered away probably our best chances at a super bowl title, followed by Green. They had awesome talent that underachieved because they didn't have discipline. Now monkey Mike would rather take a bath with these guys than hollar at them. And his game plans must be federal expressed from some kintergarden teacher. He needs to go and right now, get a decent interim coach and find a Charlie Weis out there!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Nice post Caine.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

How bout Ditka? At least he'd be entertaining.

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

Prophet Guest

LOL, keep fighting the good fight Caine. The kickers did a good job, that was a bright spot.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Caine" wrote:
    Note, I'm not calling it quits on the season...I'm simply saying it's gut check time. With 12 games remaining, we can still get back on track...but NOW is the time to do it.

Caine
    With the bye week and rest the Vikes will get, we will see if anybody will step-up...coaches too!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast