Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If the part about Rice has nothing to do with it, why include it in your post?

And I think the concept of a "true No. 1 receiver" is overrated. Who is the Patriots "true No. 1 receiver"?

=Z=
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Because it was part of Frazier's quote. It happened to be in the middle of two parts I bolded.
    That bit about not re-signing Rice was NOT part of Frazier's quote.

And I still want you to tell me who the Patriot's #1 WR is.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I should have been more clear.

Just as you should have not included the bit about Rice in your post.

=Z=
    Sorry it was the authors sentences I quoted, not Frazier's.

Brady's go to guy is typically Welker, but they run a far different offense than we do here.

With the box stuffed against AD, running routes with TE's & WR's in that same area where the defenders already are isn't going to produce favorable results. We still need someone who can legitimately take defenders with him down field to pull them out of the box.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    All good points with the exception of some of your grading.

K-dubb. Look, I love the guy and have more of his jersey's than any other Viking. Other than a signed Tark Jersey, K-dubb is the only one I have signed but let me say this, I do not think he is a premier DT anymore. Still pretty damn good, but not the tops.

Not sure how you can say Hussain is below average and then give Whinny an above average. Whinny sucks in pass coverage. If he was any better than average they wouldn't keep trying to find a replacement for him. His only asset his his ability to play in and around the line in run support. By the way, I think Cook is an excellent replacement for him. By he end of this year, I think he and Griff will be rolling.

So far our secondary has done a pretty good job against some pretty good passers with very little help form the front 4 as we saw early last year.
    WQell, lets put it this way- If you are downgrading KW from Premier to something less then the entire secondary certainly is reduced from what I graded them because there isn't a player in the secondary sans Winny that is even qualified to carry his jock so my point stands.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    how did a topic about offense get to a topic about defense...??? lol...

winny is decent but I think griff is better... the D-line and the linebackers are the real problem with the defense.. even thought they've been solid... We overspent for Greenway btw... $10 mill for that dude?... we're the suckers... he can't cover a bed with a bed spread...

O-line is garbage, and Harvin doesn't play enough.. McNabb needs to get in shape and some glasses...

Jenkins plays more than Harvin?? really?... nuff said...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    With the box stuffed against AD, running routes with TE's & WR's in that same area where the defenders already are isn't going to produce favorable results. We still need someone who can legitimately take defenders with him down field to pull them out of the box.
    I can almost agree with that in total, however, you must first explain to me how they keep doing it without a legitimate "Deep" threat?

If you watch them, they don't get it done by stretching the field vertically, they get it done by stretching the defense horizontally and vertically.

In short, Brady is putting up a hell of alot of yards and very few of them are "Deep" passes my friend.

In the end, its all about the routes, and the associated rubs/scrapes/picks that those routes produce so that recievers get open in that traffic.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

And I think the concept of a "true No. 1 receiver" is overrated.

=Z=
    A certain yutz has been trying to convince him about that for as long as he has known him my friend. Good luck with that effort.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Well, one thing could be that, at his slight stature, he's worthless as a blocker for AD (true).

Another could be, as Frazier explained, that Harvin is not part of several goal-line sets.

I thought, after my re-watching of the game, that Harvin was used in several creative ways (as an RB, on an end-around, the downfield passes which have been noted, a WR screen) which made great use of his talents. Having him on the field for plays in which his contribution would solely be as decoy or blocker seems absurd to me.

=Z=
    I was hoping to see if you saw the same thing in the re-air that I saw when I watched it with beer soaked eyes, specifically the number of "Deep Balls" that were/weren't catchable.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789