Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Musgrave vows team will take more shots down the field

Vikings fans will be happy to hear that offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave also believes that one shot down the field isn't nearly enough over the course of 60 minutes.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...129896258.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Musgrave vows team will take more shots down the field

Vikings fans will be happy to hear that offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave also believes that one shot down the field isn't nearly enough over the course of 60 minutes.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...129896258.html
    "It is important," Musgrave said. "That's what we're based on is running the ball, featuring Adrian [Peterson] but at the same time getting our quarterback in a rhythm, both down the field and also possession and control-type passes. That's what we want to be and that's what we will be."
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. Run, run, run punt & run, run, pass, punt is not only going to take it's toll on a RB, but not win you most of your games either.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    From what I understand, Musgrave has Peterson on his fantasy team.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    I hope this approach works. Last week was pitiful. I remember Marrdro harping on Favre for being too washed up to toss the long ball. McNabb looks too scared to toss the long ball. I don't care what excuse the Vikings (or fellow fans) drum up for last week's passing attack (or lack there of), it was absolutely unacceptable.
    In Marrdro's defense, the Noodle did have a popped tendon and issues with his shoulder and it wasn't like he threw it deep every other play my friend.

Back to now.......The passing attack will be fine once the damn O-coord starts calling pass plays instead of the stupid "Fancy" crap that we were trying to run last week.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I am really beginning to wonder if we are on a downward spiral with this team. It has been obvious for some time that the league is gearing its rules and format to be more pass happy and the rest of the league and the rest of the division specifically has been trending this way by locking up the best QB they can get and the trend across the league has also been to go after high profile CB's and safeties that can take away a portion of the field and limit the passing game of their opponents.

The Vikings OTOH are running 180 degrees to the contrary on this one. They just signed a RB to a QB type contract, they signed yet another retread QB looking for one last shot at glory and have no legitimate field stretching WR.
    I personally think that we will see the "Pass Happy" league come back to earth in a week or two as the defenses start to get their feet under them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    We have a hall of fame back. Of course we are going to be a run first team. That doesn't mean that we can't utilize a solid play-action gameplan with a steady passing game. Why be a pass-happy team just because it's trendy? We have to use our weapons. Or in this case, our WEAPON (singular).
    Excellent post.

My friends, I have a quick question for all of you........Were we beat by a "Pass Happy" team last week or were we beat by a "Balanced" that exploited what the defense was giving up?

Answer......They exploited what the defense was giving up.

Sure the Chargers are a "Stretch" the field type of offense, but their O-coord was smart enough to realize that aspect of their game was going to be taken away. They didn't run any fancy "Wildcat" offense, or come out with any super fancy player packages. They just came out in their base offense and hit the underneath stuff that was opened up when our LB'rs vacated those zones in their attempts to pressure the QB.

Are the deep passes fun to watch? Sure, but give me a team that can either run the ball or pass the ball, based on what the defense can't do, and I will be happy.

In our case, we should be running to set up the pass. Its the way our team is built. Establish the run, and then, exploit the defense off of the play action fake.

Isn't that what all of you keep harping on? Running a scheme that fits your players talents?

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Pass-happy NFL won't alter Vikings' approach

The trend in the league is to put the ball in the air, but the Vikings vow to keep it in the hands of Adrian Peterson.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...129850003.html
    Clearly, Fraser does not want the opposing teams to be unsure of our intents for offense.

**Note to all NFL teams..............The Vikings have announced that they will be running a one dimensional offense that is called "The Peterson Show". Please make a note of it. Thank you.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Clearly, Fraser does not want the opposing teams to be unsure of our intents for offense.

**Note to all NFL teams..............The Vikings have announced that they will be running a one dimensional offense that is called "The Peterson Show". Please make a note of it. Thank you.
    Don't think this was a secret. Have you seen our WR corps? It's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Don't think this was a secret. Have you seen our WR corps? It's embarrassing.
    No one will see our WR Corps if the O-coord doesn't send them on the field and call a play or two for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    No one will see our WR Corps if the O-coord doesn't send them on the field and call a play or two for them.
    Now, don't you think there's a reason for that? Between our aging (aged) QB and our no-name WRs, you can't really blame him.

Sure, we have to be more creative with our play calls and gameplan, but the ball should be going to either Harvin, Peterson, Shank or Rudolph. There's no talent among WR corps (aside from Harvin obviously).

And why is Harvin returning kick offs? Sure he scored a TD, but it's not a wise move. Just sayin'.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast