Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Pass Defense To League: “Just Bring It.”

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

Re: Pass Defense To League: “Just Bring It.”

you know I have to agree with Sharper on this, as long as we keep them out of the endzone, and as long as we keep producing turnovers we will be ok. who really cares how many yards they get.. if you pass 40,50,60 times in a game and don't get over 250 yards... you have serious problems!!!!

it also comes to the point i made in another thread.
    the kitties were able to toss so many yards cause they have 5 WR's of bttr then average talent!!
    our biggest issue last year with the pass D was that we wern't getting sacks and preasure on the QB's.. so far we have 10 sacks.. (didn't we have 18 all last year?)
    many QB hurries, and many RB's dropped in the back field.
    this is gonna be the key to our Pass defending, ball hawking D.. i can't wait till they compare the scoring potential of our D to some of the O's around the league!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Nice and interesting read.I agree this years pass defense is quite better than last year,We are recovering balls,causing fumbles ,and allowing few TD(this one is also for the Special Teams which is not been estimated enuff,we are usually having very good field position,Kluwe in also vey underrated ..)
    The combo of rush,pass and scoring defense plus the great performance by our ST is keeping us alive in the games,in the other hand the Off is been pathethic,last match at Lions in the last quarters I was only demanding not to turnover the ball in our field(I think this has been thougth for many ones here also)

The target is plain ,please off,I dont hope you to win us games ,our D can have the jod done also,but please DONT COST US GAMES like last one,run the ball with our great RB ,and no more stupid passing games,Qb (whoever it is) if you have to take a sack ,take it!!

We can be awful at Offense but never stupid,period.
    El underdog.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Bend, but don't break.... Give before you TAKE....

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

...According to Darren Sharper, the sign on the door says, ‘gunslingers welcome.”

“If a team wants to continue to throw the ball, that opens up the flood gates for us,” said Sharper. “Getting pressure on their quarterback, maybe hitting their quarterback, having a chance to get hands on balls for interceptions, and having a chance to score on defense.”

The Vikings have allowed 528 passing yards so far this season, but only two passing touchdowns. Combine that with five interceptions, two fumble recoveries, three defensive touchdowns and a rushing defense ranked 6th in the NFL, and the Vikings have a defensive formula that should keep them close in most games, even if the process isn’t pretty.

“Our defense, I don’t want to say it’s bend and not break, but if someone comes out and passes 60 times, they’re going to make their share of plays,” said Cedric Griffin. “But when they get down to our 20, or to our 10-yardline, that’s when we’ve go to stand up and make plays.”...
    Good read.
    The stats show a lot of yds given up to the pass, but, what some seem to ignore, is the stats also show that the opponent hasn't been racking up the pts due to these high numbers given up in passing.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Ranger is offline Coach

I dislike bend but don't break, though.
    They always break eventually, and when they do, it's ugly.
    I'm pretty huge on the secondary, though.
    I guess I've been a sucker for those players for a long time.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The "Bend but don't break" formula is fine if you can score some TD's on offense which the Vikes have been unable to do.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

just like baltimore was around their superbowl win... "we'll let you catch it, but we're going to knock your teeth out"

Ranger is offline Coach

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    just like baltimore was around their superbowl win... "we'll let you catch it, but we're going to knock your teeth out"
    Yeah, but as good as our defense is, it doesn't hold a candle to the Ravens that year.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Ranger" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:
    Yeah, but as good as our defense is, it doesn't hold a candle to the Ravens that year.
    I think we have the potential to be that good.

We're comparable to it in terms of talent. In a year or two with more experience we could be breaking some of those records IMO

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast