Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass Defense

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Pass Defense

With our rush defense being number 2 in the league I ask this question.
    If we can improve our pass defense I can definitely see the Vikes defense being a top 5 defense.
    With that in mind, if we can get a QB who can be on a Kitna level or so of efficiency do you think we could ride a Vikings team like that to the Super Bowl adding to our current roster?

I could see it considering the Ravens have walked this path before, and in a weak NFC there's a thin line of good/bad teams.
    I think if we added a Kitna type QB vet we could compliment our insane running attack ,and if our pass defense plays like they did against the Charger our defense could shut down any team in the NFC.

What do you think?

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Pass Defense

yeah are pass d was amazing today, hopefully they play that way the rest of the year

but i dont kno where we would get a qb like kitna.. but hopefully one of are qb's step up and we make a run and get into the playoffs

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

We could.
    And today we saw a well executed game plan.
    We planned on pressuring Rivers with more than the down lineman.
    I cannot stress how important that is.
    I know we did not have the number of sacks we wanted, but the pressure was there.

And we played "Man" a lot more than we tradionally have this year...or at least I thought so.
    A good mix of both.

Dwight Smith needs to control himself a little more.
    His penalty was only a yard or so, but if they were around the 20-30 yard line that penalty is a killer.

Great job on the D boys.
    I know AD's performance kind of overshadows your game, but great job.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"Schutz" wrote:

If we can improve our pass defense I can definitely see the Vikes defense being a top 5 defense.
    With that in mind, if we can get a QB who can be on a Kitna level or so of efficiency do you think we could ride a Vikings team like that to the Super Bowl adding to our current roster?

I could see it considering the Ravens have walked this path before, and in a weak NFC there's a thin line of good/bad teams.
    I think if we added a Kitna type QB vet we could compliment our insane running attack ,and if our pass defense plays like they did against the Charger our defense could shut down any team in the NFC.

What do you think?

you mean like brooks bollinger?

its possible this year. but i think it will happen next year.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Great pass defense today !!

We got physical on the LOS and it worked. The refs could have called us multiple times for pass interference, but they didn't. It worked and we disrupted Rivers' timing all game. Getting physical works. Jam the LOS.

Frostbite is offline Coach

The pass defense was great because of the heat on Rivers. You saw a few times when we only rushed 4 he stood in and made the completions down field. I was a little surprised we only had the one pick....as Rivers usually makes more errant throws under pressure than that.

We seemed to have everythng well planned out defensively and the Players really executed. Rivers also under threw recievers on a couple of TD throws because he was hurried.

Everything worked today...what else can you say. This was such a fun game to watch on both sides of the ball.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Frostbite" wrote:
    The pass defense was great because of the heat on Rivers. You saw a few times when we only rushed 4 he stood in and made the completions down field. I was a little surprised we only had the one pick....as Rivers usually makes more errant throws under pressure than that.

We seemed to have everythng well planned out defensively and the Players really executed. Rivers also under threw recievers on a couple of TD throws because he was hurried.

Everything worked today...what else can you say. This was such a fun game to watch on both sides of the ball.

Cheers!
    cant agree more

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

What do you think?

you mean like brooks bollinger?

its possible this year. but i think it will happen next year.
    exactly

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I'm just hoping we don't continue to hang our hat on T-Jack when we can have a competitive team NOW, while we bring younger players along.
    That's right I'm looking at you Chilly Dawg, no more T-Jack Project.

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

pass defense did play great. dwight smith is soo underrated
    our only sure-handed receiver

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast