Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re:PANTHERS vs VIKES POSTGAME DISCUSSION

What's the most sad is that after a big win we had less than half the traffic and posts here at PPO.

We lose, everyone is here.

Sad.

tarpley_jim is offline Waterboy

First time poster.

I don't necessarily think that it was a lack of heart or fundamentals or anything of that sort. Dropped passes happen (most of them by AP who has proven to be a weak pass receiver).

My only problem with the game was the poor performance by Brad Childress's staff.

There are about four ways to handle a guy like Julius Peppers; run a Screen his way, run a Draw underneath, run right at him in passing situations, or double team him.

We ran one Screen, which was poorly setup by the offensive line. We ran zero Draws. We did run the ball, but rarely to Peppers' side. We double teamed him one time.

How do you go into a game against Carolina, who has four playmakers on their team, and not be prepared for Julius Peppers.

Also, offensive playcaller resembled last year way too much. I counted one pass play on first down (I started counting in the second half).

The coaching staff must turn it around and call the game like they did the first half of the season, or this team will not go to or win a Super Bowl.
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Why not double team Mac? Why bench him? Why not let Sauce help out? Why not go double tight? Why, Why, Why?

Why are we passing so much?

VikingLance is offline Starter

Prophet wrote:
    Pathetic outing. Interesting that McKinnie was pulled out and Hicks was tossed in, didn't matter, Peppers was on fire.

Not worried, good show by Carolina and an absolutely flat performance by the Vikings. One would think that with a Saints loss they would have come out on fire for the battle of the #1 seed.

Saints have won one, count 'em, one playoff game since their inception in 1967. They will be one and done in the playoffs and the Vikings will get homefield in the playoffs by default, just like how they won the division with that incredible last second play where the Packers lost to the Steelers.

They will be ready to finish off the season with 13 Ws...wow, that is really horrible.

Contrary to the moron's opinions, Childress is the first coach to take the team to two consecutive NFCN (Central) championships since Bud Grant.

Rock on Vikings, the real season is almost upon us.
    Yes, Childress has statistically been a good coach since he got here. Congratulations on joining the likes of Bud Grant. I pray he surpasses him and wins a Super Bowl. But was it coaching, execution , or both that lost this game?

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Farve is who i thought he was

Chilly got his extension too soon

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Way to make Moore look like a freakin all pro. Brutal.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Well we typically win at home so perharps that's why.

#4kicksA$$ is offline Training Camp

BadlandsVikings wrote:

How can you put this loss on Favre? He put MULTIPLE passes on the money that were dropped. He does not play on the O-line so the terrible blocking isn't his fault. The last time I checked he doesn't play D,so the crappy tackling isn't on him.

thorstad is offline Waterboy

I'm a die hard Vikes fan, have been for over 30 years, but after watching the Vikes/Panthers game I'm convinced we are one and done... If we can't beat the Panthers who are 5 and 8 with an undrafted quarterback, how can we beat the Saints or Eagles? We couldn't stop the run, Steve Smith had one of his best games of the season, and some unknown (Stewart) ran circles around our defense. And where was AP? Didn't help us out at all... So much for the our running game. We didn't even have a passing game. I can't take it anymore...
    None

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

#4kicksA$$ wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:

How can you put this loss on Favre? He put MULTIPLE passes on the money that were dropped. He does not play on the O-line so the terrible blocking isn't his fault. The last time I checked he doesn't play D,so the crappy tackling isn't on him.
    Just ignore him. He is trying to beat the hornet's nest.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast