Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re:PANTHERS vs VIKES POSTGAME DISCUSSION

soonerbornNbred wrote:
    Peppers and Smith owned Us
    And their backup Quarterback and #2 runningback and their patched up Oline

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

This is why you don't give coaches extensions halfway through the season stupid freaking Wilf. Childress needs to learn to use his best player more. And Peterson needs to get better period. How hard is it to learn how to block on 3rd down? How to catch the ball? How to read holes? Fudge. I honestly prefer the BEAST that is Peterson in his rookie year not caring about the holes opening up but just running mad and punishing defenses. Get AP to become AD again!

Our oline and dline are OVERRATED. Next year we need to find someone to replace Herrera's worthless jock. McKinnie is McKinie and that's a big pile of crap that plays decent once in a while. Tonight Peppers was his daddy. Sullivan is pathetic as well.

Jared Allen- too damn inconsistant. Kevn Williams hasn't been himself in a really loooonngg time now. Pat is fat, he does his job I guess. Ray Edwards is poop. This Dline is not living up to it's reputation at all.

Lastly, Farve....better step up your game old man. I think it's more of a pyschological thing, and he needs to get over it. Play offs are in two weeks...Vikes look like girls in skirts right now.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

VikingLance is offline Starter

WTF?

In the pregame they said when they talked to Childress they said he was not worried about the Panthers....at that moment I was very worried. Get these guys ready to play, and dominate!!!!!!!!!!!!....... The last two losses we have come out flat. We are a better team. 1 guy beat us tonight. Congratulations Julius Peppers. All season long I have thought we haven't played to our potential, and I am wondering when we are going to see it.

Kick the Bears asses next week,god damn it....

Skol Vikings!!!!!!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Purplemania wrote:
    This is why you don't give coaches extensions halfway through the season stupid freaking Wilf. Childress needs to learn to use his best player more. And Peterson needs to get better period. How hard is it to learn how to block on 3rd down? How to catch the ball? How to read holes? Fudge. I honestly prefer the BEAST that is Peterson in his rookie year not caring about the holes opening up but just running mad and punishing defenses. Get AP to become AD again!

Our oline and dline are OVERRATED. Next year we need to find someone to replace Herrera's worthless jock. McKinnie is McKinie and that's a big pile of crap that plays decent once in a while. Tonight Peppers was his daddy. Sullivan is pathetic as well.

Jared Allen- too damn inconsistant. Kevn Williams hasn't been himself in a really loooonngg time now. Pat is fat, he does his job I guess. Ray Edwards is poop. This Dline is not living up to it's reputation at all.

Lastly, Farve....better step up your game old man. I think it's more of a pyschological thing, and he needs to get over it. Play offs are in two weeks...Vikes look like girls in skirts right now.
    So, because of this ugly game all these players suck? Do you expect Allen to have multiple sacks a game? Kevin W. is having a great year. Ray is doing good this year as well.

Big C2 is offline Training Camp

Offense beat itself.
    Defense can't tackle.
    Coaching can't adjust.

Playmakers are supposed to make plays when the going gets tough. Smith and Peppers proved that by single handedly beating us. Peterson and Shancoe dropped crucial 3rd down passes and Rice killed us with the fumble.

Double teaming Peppers and Smith all day would have won us that game. The field conditions were deplorable but that's a lame excuse since Carolina wasn't slipping all over the field.

At this point I'll be happy to get past wild card weekend.

Thank you for listening.
    None

realviking is offline Rookie

It's a damn good thing this team will likely be playing its playoff games in a dome and on turf. Grass seems to be a foreign substance to this team.
    When there's weather to report, I report the weather.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Our issues is the same issues we have had all season long.
    1) Saftey/DB play - It atrocious. We are 30th in PD with 48. I expect us to be dead last by season end. No coverage!

2) Play calling. Out play calling isn't bad. I like it. However, we cannot develop a rythum. Clearly there is a problem. Some drives we run the ball 3 times in a row, others 8 straight passes. You can't win like that. I believe Peterson is a back that needs to set the tempo. We have not been doing that.

4) Tackling - See lack of

5) Falling on fumbles - see lack off.

6) Subbing on the DL. We have subbed Pat out this season, more than any. When he is out, our team is a different team. I wish we kept pat in on Passing plays. He seems to be the most quick of our DL. When he is out, we give up yards.

--------------------------------------------
    New issues,
    1) MLB - We need to sign Derrick Brooks and move Leber to middle. Seriously, Brinkley is not ready. I don't think he is terrible, I just think he is a rookie that Missed 1/4 of his collegiate career.

I hope we can right this ship

Ozzie is offline Rookie

"Trbl!"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Pathetic outing. Interesting that McKinnie was pulled out and Hicks was tossed in, didn't matter, Peppers was on fire.

Not worried, good show by Carolina and an absolutely flat performance by the Vikings. One would think that with a Saints loss they would have come out on fire for the battle of the #1 seed.

Saints have won one, count 'em, one playoff game since their inception in 1967. They will be one and done in the playoffs and the Vikings will get homefield in the playoffs by default, just like how they won the division with that incredible last second play where the Packers lost to the Steelers.

They will be ready to finish off the season with 13 Ws...wow, that is really horrible.

Contrary to the moron's opinions, Childress is the first coach to take the team to two consecutive NFCN (Central) championships since Bud Grant.

Rock on Vikings, the real season is almost upon us.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I hate to be a negative, but why does this seem to happen to the Vikes every year? Play tough all year then back into the playoffs only to get our butts kicked. This is pathetic. Poor play, poor coaching, poor heart. I am going to place number one fault on coaching. 1. Why in the world did we keep a back or tight end back to help out with Peppers? DUH! 2. Why haven't our coaches done anything to improve our pass defense? 3. Why do we get away from the run so quickly? We had the whole first half to pound away with a one point lead and didn't take it. Didn't try to establish it.

I have a bad feeling that I am going to be wishing the season was over soon. It is really hard keeping purple in my heart when the team seems to play the same over the past 3 decades. Man I am negative over this. Steelers loss I accepted. Cards was tougher to take but respect what they did. But the Panter's? Possibly the worst team in the NFL this year? So Vike-like to choke this one.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast