Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Panthers Loss Looking Up?

CCthebest wrote:
    So when the game doesnt matter and theres no pressure, the Panthers can win. Big deal. We should have creamed them. Id rather play the saints then what looks like any of the other NFC teams in the playoffs. The eagles and Puckers scare me. Yes the Puckers do. Would be the perfect revenge for them.

Hell, yes...definitely the 2 hottest teams in the NFC.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

the packqweers have been feasting on crap teams. roethlisberger lit them for 500 yards for christ sake.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

LOL

Packqweers. I like that.

Webby wrote:
    Folks scoffed when I said that the Panthers record makes them look worse than they are.

We should have beat them either way.

But hell are they on a roll. Crushing the Giants.

That team can fire pretty hard when rolling.
    What's funny, is that most of us predicted that the panther's game would've been one of our losses before the season started. They're a good team, and they've been a good team for quite a while. If they stay alert and fix they're problems, they're back to superbowl contender
    Sean Saunders

carnage is offline Waterboy

we have to worry about winning before we can think of 1st seed remeber 1 loss and we are playing in the wild card lets just get this bye
    None

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Fox is a good coach and it isn't a surprise really.

Watched the Colts lose to the Jets yesterday and the media is already saying the Colts lost because Manning and other sat out after the first possession or so in the 3rd quarter. I watched the game and I'm not so sure the Colts would have won if Manning stayed in...they yanked him after he was sacked and fumbled and the Jets scored a TD on the fumble. Before that, on the first play of the second half the Jets ran back the kickoff for the TD. The Jets have the #1 defense and #1 rushing team and look a lot like the Vikings pre-Favre. The Colts were beat.

Bottom-line is some teams are starting to gel coming into the playoffs. The Vikings have the talent, but, are they gelling? Will be interesting to see how it plays out, personally, I'm not worried and looking forward to the playoffs.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

The Panthers are not as bad as many thought they were, especially without interception machine Delhomme at QB.

The Panthers are 7-8 now, but they are 7-4 vs the NFC. Among their 8 losses are losses to NO, DAL, PHI, and NE (not exactly slouch teams), and road losses to ATL and the NYJ.

The Saints have managed only 17 points in two straight games, both at home, and allowed 321 rushing yards in doing so. The Panthers gave up 7 points to the Vikings and 9 to the Giants, and Jonathan Stewart has rushed for something like 350 yards in the past two games. And the game is at Carolina. Despite losing Steve Smith to a broken arm, I think the Panthers have a very good shot at beating the Saints.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What did we learn?

a. The Panthers have talent and can win games.
    b. The Giants still struggle at home late in the year.
    c. The Giants could be considered the most inconsistent team in the league with a stretch of 5 wins to start out followed by 4 losses and then a roller coaster ride of W, L, W, L, W, L.

The loss of Smith will hurt the Panthers chances against the lowely Aints next weekend. I wouldn't look at this game as a ray of hope that the Panthers will beat the Aints.

If the Chiller elects to play to win next weekend, I wouldn't look at this game as a indicator of how well we will do against the Giants next weekend either. Eli's weak ass spiral won't be affected by the cold/wind that seems to be his bane at that wind tunnel they used to call homefield.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This one died a quick death as well. Whats up my friends.

Hopefully the Bores can go on to beat the Lions next weekend so we can have a thread that says "BORES Loss Looking Up?"

....snicker.....Now I'm just cracking myself up. :cheer:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12