Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Panthers Loss Looking Up?

Folks scoffed when I said that the Panthers record makes them look worse than they are.

We should have beat them either way.

But hell are they on a roll. Crushing the Giants.

That team can fire pretty hard when rolling.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re:Panthers Loss Looking Up?

Yeah I don't feel quite so bad now.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Panthers Loss Looking Up?

Hopefully they can continue those winning ways next week against the Saints.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

iwc
    iwc is offline Waterboy

While it is still disapointing that we lost to the Panthers, especially after the Saints lost today, Carolina looks like it is peaking now. So losing to them after watching them roll the Giants ... in New York ... makes me think we underestimated Carolina.

Every team is really only as good as their last game played this year. We still have a shot for the number one seed and even if the Saints find a way to win next week, going through New Orleans no longer seems so daunting. If they can lose at home to the Bucs they can lose to anyone, anywhere.

Regardless, the beauty is that the Saints go to Carolina next week and the Giants come to Minnesota, if the Saints can't handle Tampa's run offense ...

Win out Vikes and we very well may get that number one seed, I expect Cutler to hand us a win tomorrow and I am thrilled that Chicago has already extended his contract through 2013

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

iwc wrote:
    While it is still disapointing that we lost to the Panthers, especially after the Saints lost today, Carolina looks like it is peaking now. So losing to them after watching them roll the Giants ... in New York ... makes me think we underestimated Carolina.

Every team is really only as good as their last game played this year. We still have a shot for the number one seed and even if the Saints find a way to win next week, going through New Orleans no longer seems so daunting. If they can lose at home to the Bucs they can lose to anyone, anywhere.

Regardless, the beauty is that the Saints go to Carolina next week and the Giants come to Minnesota, if the Saints can't handle Tampa's run offense ...

Win out Vikes and we very well may get that number one seed, I expect Cutler to hand us a win tomorrow and I am thrilled that Chicago has already extended his contract through 2013
    Welcome and great first post.

Even before the 2 losses, they were not the same Saints team that started the season on fire.

Barely beating an aweful Skins team and just edging a Ryan and Turnerless Falcons team.

I am not afraid of the Saints one bit.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I was shocked that the Panthers beat the Giants so badly today. This was the last game ever at the Meadowlands Stadium, the Giants had to win to stay in the playoff picture, and they brought out some of their big name players from the past...but none of that could stop Carolina's run game, and Moore looks really good. Bet they're sorry they paid Delhomme so much to lock him up.

I still don't feel so great about the loss last week, seeing as we did nothing to neutralize either Peppers or Smith (who really is some kind of receiver).
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Panthers have lost Steve Smith with a broken left arm, which might hurt their chances against the Saints. As long as Delhomme is out though they aren't out of it (Coach Fox was sighted slamming the team bus door on Jake's hand, then stepping on it, then an anvil out of nowhere landed on it followed by the bus backing over the hand.)

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

vikinggreg wrote:
    Panthers have lost Steve Smith with a broken left arm, which might hurt their chances against the Saints. As long as Delhomme is out though they aren't out of it (Coach Fox was sighted slamming the team bus door on Jake's hand, then stepping on it, then an anvil out of nowhere landed on it followed by the bus backing over the hand.)

That must have been on the pass play at around the 5-yd line, He made a nice catch, came down and was hit hard, but stayed up and ran in the last few yards. Man, that sucks.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

So when the game doesnt matter and theres no pressure, the Panthers can win. Big deal. We should have creamed them. Id rather play the saints then what looks like any of the other NFC teams in the playoffs. The eagles and Puckers scare me. Yes the Puckers do. Would be the perfect revenge for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast