Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Norseman Paid leave for Cook not popular with Vikings players

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    "That divided power structure with vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman on one side and Frazier on the other is an issue the Vikings need to solve this offseason."

Hiring a GM and sending them both down the road would be a path to a fresh start and some cohesive decision making.

The link to Judd's original article is a good read.
    He points out the Vikings have removed McKinnie,Berrian,McNabb,Cook, and Griffin from their active roster or starting position. Five starters.
    I remember Pat Williams grumbling about the front office last year.
    The inconsistant treatment of players is one explanation for player rebellion and an indictement of the current front office power structure.
    When will Wilf realize it's not working?

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    As much as I want to like Spielman, he has got to go. The Triangle model has failed, and it is time to take action against it. I agree with those of the opinion that a seasoned GM needs to be brought in to remove the duties handled by Spielman and the Wilfs (in regards to football operations). Spielman has been riding the coattails of AD and Percy falling into his lap long enough.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    "That divided power structure with vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman on one side and Frazier on the other is an issue the Vikings need to solve this offseason."

Hiring a GM and sending them both down the road would be a path to a fresh start and some cohesive decision making.

The link to Judd's original article is a good read.
    He points out the Vikings have removed McKinnie,Berrian,McNabb,Cook, and Griffin from their active roster or starting position. Five starters.
    I remember Pat Williams grumbling about the front office last year.
    The inconsistant treatment of players is one explanation for player rebellion and an indictement of the current front office power structure.
    When will Wilf realize it's not working?
    Agreed. Do they not think the players would be pissed about double standards?